Will anyone be more surprised if 49ers lose MNF game

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Falcons 7
    49ers 42

    Everyone go to bed at halftime.
    Image

    Win Forever!
    User avatar
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1189
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
    Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII


  • Arizona is a good team.

    Atlanta is not.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2918
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • Polaris wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.


    Oh good Lord. They lost as a 7.5-point favorite at home to Indianapolis, and lost in blowout fashion. 7.5-point favorites shouldn't lose very often (and no, favorites even bigger like us today shouldn't either). But it's silly to say this as if it's a distinction between the two teams.
    User avatar
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1468
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
    Location: Indianapolis


  • We brag about how tough this division is, but then whine and play chicken little when they play us tough? Makes sense, bro.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    User avatar
    KK84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 842
    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm
    Location: Bensalem, PA


  • Polaris wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:To answer OP: San Francisco loses tomorrow night's game like 2% of the time. I'll tune in and hope against hope, but it would be one of the most shocking results of the NFL season (possibly #1) and I certainly don't expect it to happen.


    More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.



    What does that even mean, "know how to win games they're supposed to win". They've lost two game at home to teams they probably should beat. Last year they lost and tied to the Rams and got blown out at home to the Giants. The Hawks played a bad game today, but lets not give the Niners some undue credit for some subjective ability to win when they're "supposed" to.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:09 am


  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.


    Oh good Lord. They lost as a 7.5-point favorite at home to Indianapolis, and lost in blowout fashion. 7.5-point favorites shouldn't lose very often (and no, favorites even bigger like us today shouldn't either). But it's silly to say this as if it's a distinction between the two teams.


    They lost in Week 2 when they weren't playing nearly as well as they are now, and Indy is a playoff team (and that was also when Indy was playing it's best ball). They BEAT 'zona by 12 at home. How did we do against 'zona at home?
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1405
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    Happybelly wrote:
    Polaris wrote:The Niners will beat the holy living hell out of Atlanta. Count on it. Unlike a certain team in Seattle, San Fran is good at beating up teams they are supposed to beat.



    This is pretty funny. So their home losses to the Colts and Panthers weren't losing games they should have won? People are treating the Cardinals like they're some dumpster dive of a team.

    The Hawks played a bad game on offense, it happens to every team. Lets not act like it's the end of the season now.


    Their QB threw 4 picks, they suck lol. Come on. The patriots don't lose that game, the freaking packers w/ flynn don't lose that game.


    Great analysis. I guess they've sucked their way into double digit wins.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:09 am


  • Happybelly wrote:What does that even mean, "know how to win games they're supposed to win". They've lost two game at home to teams they probably should beat. Last year they lost and tied to the Rams and got blown out at home to the Giants. The Hawks played a bad game today, but lets not give the Niners some undue credit for some subjective ability to win when they're "supposed" to.


    San Fran won their game at home against the Cards by 12......

    -Polaris
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1405
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • Polaris wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.


    Oh good Lord. They lost as a 7.5-point favorite at home to Indianapolis, and lost in blowout fashion. 7.5-point favorites shouldn't lose very often (and no, favorites even bigger like us today shouldn't either). But it's silly to say this as if it's a distinction between the two teams.


    They lost in Week 2 when they weren't playing nearly as well as they are now, and Indy is a playoff team (and that was also when Indy was playing it's best ball). They BEAT 'zona by 12 at home. How did we do against 'zona at home?



    So now we're cherry picking what part of the seasons matters winning games you're "supposed to win". The Hawks dominated the Cardinals on the road earlier this year too. Stop changing your argument.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:09 am


  • The Niners have been very consistent at beating bad teams badly we have struggled against the better/playoff caliber teams.
    User avatar
    IllWill49
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm


  • Polaris wrote:They lost in Week 2 when they weren't playing nearly as well as they are now, and Indy is a playoff team (and that was also when Indy was playing it's best ball). They BEAT 'zona by 12 at home. How did we do against 'zona at home?


    Okay, so let me get this straight.

    They "win games they're supposed to," but games they lose at home when favored by more than a TD don't count if they're too far in the past (week 2).

    Week 6 is when they played Arizona - an apparently WAY more relevant data point than week two - and somehow we're to arbitrarily compare that home win to our home game against Arizona rather than our road game at Arizona, even though those are more directly comparable as they happened in consecutive weeks (you yourself just got through saying that we base it on "how a team was playing then").

    You're cherry-picking. You're doing it emotionally. Don't let emotions control your posts like this. See things clearly.
    User avatar
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1468
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
    Location: Indianapolis


  • Happybelly wrote:So now we're cherry picking what part of the seasons matters winning games you're "supposed to win". The Hawks dominated the Cardinals on the road earlier this year too. Stop changing your argument.


    Nope. I am comparing like to like. We should have destroyed the Cards in the Clink. The Cards are not a playoff team. The Niners DID beat (by double digits) the Cards at the Stick.

    Seems apples to apples enough to me.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1405
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • Polaris wrote:
    Happybelly wrote:So now we're cherry picking what part of the seasons matters winning games you're "supposed to win". The Hawks dominated the Cardinals on the road earlier this year too. Stop changing your argument.


    Nope. I am comparing like to like. We should have destroyed the Cards in the Clink. The Cards are not a playoff team. The Niners DID beat (by double digits) the Cards at the Stick.

    Seems apples to apples enough to me.



    You made excuses for the games the Niners lost at home because they weren't playing as well then. If you want to do that, I guess I can say the Cardinals weren't playing nearly as well when they lost at San Francisco.

    Do you just discount that the Hawks went to Arizona and dominated them down there? Bad games happen to all teams and you're underrating the Cardinals, who would be a playoff team in almost any other division and still have a chance.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:09 am


  • Happybelly wrote:You made excuses for the games the Niners lost at home because they weren't playing as well then. If you want to do that, I guess I can say the Cardinals weren't playing nearly as well when they lost at San Francisco.

    Do you just discount that the Hawks went to Arizona and dominated them down there? Bad games happen to all teams and you're underrating the Cardinals, who would be a playoff team in almost any other division and still have a chance.


    He's counting whatever will support his original post, just FWIW. I've tried arguing with him with facts before, and he'll either divert or ignore. The main thing to him isn't seeking truth; it's defending his own original argument.
    User avatar
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1468
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
    Location: Indianapolis


  • As we witnessed today, anything can happened.

    But San Fran is hungry and they need a win to clinch a playoff spot. Highly unlikely...
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 543
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:55 pm


  • KK84 wrote:
    kmedic wrote:The real question I have is, assuming SF beats Atlanta, is there a scenario where the Tards make the sixth seed but the Whiners don't make it?


    Don't think so.


    SF would need to tie,or lose this week and lose to the Cardinals to miss the playoffs.

    *Compared to us, who can't possibly miss the playoffs, not that you'd know it by the attitude on this board.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7192
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


  • Yep, I would be shocked. Atlanta has nothing to play for.

    Everything the Seahawks do doesn't need to be paralleled to the 9ers. This whole football season has been nothing but folks pointing out everything 9ers. They are in your head. And it isn't just the OP. It's the whole region.

    Cardinals just told you and the team that they need to be reckoned with as well. Hope the Rams aren't up for delivering messages, but if they are, the Seahawks need to pull their heads out.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9414
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Historically, Pacific Standard Time teams hosting Eastern Standard Time teams in night games lose only 28% of the time. Almost always that is when the west coast team is far inferior to the east coast team. If I was still a gambler, I would be betting the Niners to cover and the over on this one.
    FIRE CABLE! 6 Home Games 9 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1565
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • San Fran is gonna smack the hell outta Atlanta. We gotta just focus on St. Louis.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • tom sawyer wrote:to Falcones... than they were to see us lose to Cards at HOME?

    It's football and ANYTHING CAN AND WILL HAPPEN



    Yes, not seeing it.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • Polaris wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:To answer OP: San Francisco loses tomorrow night's game like 2% of the time. I'll tune in and hope against hope, but it would be one of the most shocking results of the NFL season (possibly #1) and I certainly don't expect it to happen.


    More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.


    This is the most troubling aspect of the loss IMO... The fact that Carson Palmer did every bit his part to ensure a Hawks win and the STILL couldn't get it done... +3 in the turnover margin has a ridiculous winning percentage and now this team is on the ass end of that crazy stat... Not good.
    13thMan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 294
    Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 am


  • OK....

    To address a few things I've read in this forum...

    1) RELAX. Seahawks will be fine. They will still be the #1 seed because they will NOT lose to the Rams in Seattle.

    2) 49er CRUSH far inferior teams and struggle against better teams. They do NOT play to the level of their competition. That whole stupid argument about the Colts and the fact that they were 7.5 point favorites is meaningless because it was freakin week 3 and nobody really knew who was really good and who wasn't yet. Those Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs this season. They have already won their division and will be playing in January. They were not a bad team.

    3) Arizona is good. Particularly on Defense. If the Niners win tonight, they still have a tough task in Arizona next week. To you peeps saying "the QB threw 4 picks, they suck", you might want to take a gander at the standings. The NFC West has THREE teams with 10 wins with a week to play. The LAST place team in the division could still go 8-8 AND still has a shot at the 1st pick in the draft. There is no shame in losing to Arizona. The only thing that was really damaged yesterday was the aura of invincibility in Seattle....but I CERTAINLY don't see them losing there twice in 2 weeks. No freakin way.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3725
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • This is just a classic aberration type game to me, let it sting, throw it out, and take care of biz next week.
    RW is going to struggle at times, especially when the running game is stuggling. Thats true for every qb in the league.
    He has been so solid overall that its easy to forget he is still a 2nd year player playing the most difficult postion in all of sports.
    You didnt sustain any injuries and the clutch close wins that you earned early in the season afforded you the ability to make this loss meaningless with a victory over the Rams.
    Beat rams, dont get hurt and in a few weeks this game is as meaningless as Sarah Palin.
    User avatar
    Weadoption
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 261
    Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am


  • Weadoption wrote:This is just a classic aberration type game to me, let it sting, throw it out, and take care of biz next week.
    RW is going to struggle at times, especially when the running game is stuggling. Thats true for every qb in the league.
    He has been so solid overall that its easy to forget he is still a 2nd year player playing the most difficult postion in all of sports.
    You didnt sustain any injuries and the clutch close wins that you earned early in the season afforded you the ability to make this loss meaningless with a victory over the Rams.
    Beat rams, dont get hurt and in a few weeks this game is as meaningless as Sarah Palin.


    Agreed....funny tho that its 2 Niner fans that are saying this game was no big deal. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3725
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:OK....

    To address a few things I've read in this forum...

    1) RELAX. Seahawks will be fine. They will still be the #1 seed because they will NOT lose to the Rams in Seattle.

    2) 49er CRUSH far inferior teams and struggle against better teams. They do NOT play to the level of their competition. That whole stupid argument about the Colts and the fact that they were 7.5 point favorites is meaningless because it was freakin week 3 and nobody really knew who was really good and who wasn't yet. Those Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs this season. They have already won their division and will be playing in January. They were not a bad team.

    3) Arizona is good. Particularly on Defense. If the Niners win tonight, they still have a tough task in Arizona next week. To you peeps saying "the QB threw 4 picks, they suck", you might want to take a gander at the standings. The NFC West has THREE teams with 10 wins with a week to play. The LAST place team in the division could still go 8-8 AND still has a shot at the 1st pick in the draft. There is no shame in losing to Arizona. The only thing that was really damaged yesterday was the aura of invincibility in Seattle....but I CERTAINLY don't see them losing there twice in 2 weeks. No freakin way.


    Amazing that it takes a goddamn niner fan (no offense) to be the voice of reason in here. Thanks Marvin. I think most of us are fine, but we all tend to get a little emotional after a tough loss, especially at home. I've seen you have to deal with it over at the webzone, too. I think we'll be more than fine - BUT - do you think this puts a wee bit more pressure on the niners tonight? I mean, if they lose to ATL, that means that Arizona have a great shot at making the playoffs in the wildcard spot if they can beat you all next weekend. Just looking for your thoughts on that, and the reason I ask is because I really think that the pressure got to our Offense yesterday, but thankfully they have another chance to clinch #1 again next week.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11220
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:OK....

    To address a few things I've read in this forum...

    1) RELAX. Seahawks will be fine. They will still be the #1 seed because they will NOT lose to the Rams in Seattle.

    2) 49er CRUSH far inferior teams and struggle against better teams. They do NOT play to the level of their competition. That whole stupid argument about the Colts and the fact that they were 7.5 point favorites is meaningless because it was freakin week 3 and nobody really knew who was really good and who wasn't yet. Those Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs this season. They have already won their division and will be playing in January. They were not a bad team.

    3) Arizona is good. Particularly on Defense. If the Niners win tonight, they still have a tough task in Arizona next week. To you peeps saying "the QB threw 4 picks, they suck", you might want to take a gander at the standings. The NFC West has THREE teams with 10 wins with a week to play. The LAST place team in the division could still go 8-8 AND still has a shot at the 1st pick in the draft. There is no shame in losing to Arizona. The only thing that was really damaged yesterday was the aura of invincibility in Seattle....but I CERTAINLY don't see them losing there twice in 2 weeks. No freakin way.


    Amazing that it takes a goddamn niner fan (no offense) to be the voice of reason in here. Thanks Marvin. I think most of us are fine, but we all tend to get a little emotional after a tough loss, especially at home. I've seen you have to deal with it over at the webzone, too. I think we'll be more than fine - BUT - do you think this puts a wee bit more pressure on the niners tonight? I mean, if they lose to ATL, that means that Arizona have a great shot at making the playoffs in the wildcard spot if they can beat you all next weekend. Just looking for your thoughts on that, and the reason I ask is because I really think that the pressure got to our Offense yesterday, but thankfully they have another chance to clinch #1 again next week.


    Not really. There was already pressure on them because this is the last game at Candlestick. They have 2 shots at securing their playoff spot. They also usually respond pretty well to these types of situations. That doesn't guarantee a win by any stretch because any team can beat you on any day. I just don't see the pressure getting to them.

    Arizona is a tougher game. If the Niners win tonight, the Niners won't know if Seattle has won yet when they are playing...so I'd expect the Niners to go all out for 2 weeks here.

    It doesn't matter though. I just can't see the Seahawks losing to the Rams. If they do though and lose a 3 game lead in 4 weeks....then they deserve to lose the division.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3725
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • if the Niners lose to Atlanta tonight they should be banned from the playoffs for 5 years.
    Thats how sickening of a loss it would be on the Sticks last night of relevancy.
    User avatar
    Weadoption
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 261
    Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am


  • Thanks guys. Stranger things have and do indeed happen. Yesterday brought back the harsh lesson, that absolutely nothing is guaranteed in life or in football. I imagine that Pats fans - on both occasions losing to the Giants in the Superb Owl - felt pretty crushed. Especially that first one. Going into the game massive favorites, with literally everything seemingly going their way, and in truth they had a much better team than NY, but sometimes things just don't go the way you expect them to.

    On paper, SF should crush the dirty birds tonight, but the game isn't played on paper. While I expect a 9er victory, it would honestly not surprise me if they laid an egg and ATL walks out of there the victors, setting up a fantastic showdown in ARI next week.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11220
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • I don't expect it being a Niner fan and all but the Falcons do have a shot. This being in all honesty prob the last game at the stick brings a fair amount of pressure on the Niners so they could come out flat but I hope not :).
    User avatar
    HoRneR
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:26 pm


  • No way the 49ers lose. Falcons are a steaming pile of dogshit.

    49ers D is a top 5 unit. Offensive line is studly -- and they actually have not one, but TWO legit #1 NFL targets (Davis/Crabtree) and a great #2 (Boldin)

    Besides that, the Falcons have no heart at all, they won't show up... the only game they showed up for recently was the Saints and they still had no chance.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 893
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


  • Many of us Seahawks fans didn't take Arizona seriously as a good team, many read headlines and think of what history has shown, the 58 - 0 drubbing was in many minds. We forget that they had a new coach and system when we played them, we also forget that as they got comfortable with it they began to chalk up wins in the division quietly as the Seahawks and 49ers were getting all the press. We forget that Palmer with a good supporting cast can be a serviceable QB.

    Now with the last week on the horizon we have three dogs in the hunt with a 4th nipping at all of our heals.

    I don't think as far as the NFC West any of us can take a division game for granted anymore. Take any one of these defenses and the other 28 teams in the league would cut off the arm of their GM to have them. Our offenses and special teams are the biggest difference between us now. That is scary based on the Rams picks coming up and the amount of picks the 49ers have, we seem to find diamonds in the rough and Arizona well they have different player assessment group and it will be interesting to see how they really operate going forward.

    Enjoy and take advantage this year, because next year this division could be flipped upside down easily. Thats no insult it's just how good it is and a blown call by any ref could cost a team a win or two and drop them to 4th instead of 1st.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11541
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • The Falcons are licking their chops looking to spoil someone's Christmas, I think they'll play harder than people expect; but I'll be pretty surprised if the 49ers lose tonight.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26676
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • What have the Falcons got to play for, spoilers and to make the last regular season game at Candlestick a loss, it's Monday Night also and we all kow weird shit happens then, teams get abnormally pumped up, they want to try to salvage some self respect on National TV. 49ers could be looking past them and get wrapped up in the Nostalgia.

    Like I said Stranger thngs have happened.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11541
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • I'm praying for the upset lol
    Njhawkboss
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:04 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:What have the Falcons got to play for, spoilers and to make the last regular season game at Candlestick a loss, it's Monday Night also and we all kow weird shit happens then, teams get abnormally pumped up, they want to try to salvage some self respect on National TV. 49ers could be looking past them and get wrapped up in the Nostalgia.

    Like I said Stranger thngs have happened.


    Yeah, yesterday showed us that at this time of year, you can throw out the formbook. All it takes is a few plays to lose a game.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11220
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • A 9ers loss tonight might make my stomach stop hurting. And will put a smile back on my face. :(
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 5916
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • Any given Monday night. Go Atlanta.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 199
    Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:01 pm


  • a 49er loss tonight would be the best xmas gift. We get homefield and they potentially dont even make the playoffs :)...PLEASE...if theres one thing I want this regular season....
    Image
    User avatar
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 939
    Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am


  • It would be sweet justice if they put up their billboard (in Fife, lol) and then cement our #1 seed tonight and then miss the playoffs next week in Arizona.

    If that happens, I think we need to redouble our efforts to raise money for the San Francisco Childrens Hospital. That and put up Kaepernick with his Dolphins hat on a billboard in Santa Clara. :)
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7192
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


  • I will be surprised if the niners win by less than 24
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11641
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Reason and expectation have nothing to do with message board postings, sir.

    GOOD DAY TO YOU.















    I SAID GOOD DAY!
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7192
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


  • The football gods owe us one or two.
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1743
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


  • Chukarhawk wrote:The football gods owe us one or two.


    Gonna be difficult to collect on one of those tonight. This is the longest of longshots as far as NFL goes.
    User avatar
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1468
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
    Location: Indianapolis


  • I can't watch this slurpfest anymore. You wouldn't even know there any other franchises in the NFL if you watched this game. I didn't even see this much circlejerking when the Cowboys closed their stadium.

    I've never wanted to see a franchise have a decades-long period of sucking more than I do right now.
    Vpk0718
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm


  • Dirty birds play in em tough
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    User avatar
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 607
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:22 pm


  • SF chokin' on dirty-bird-turds?
    ImageImageImage

    "You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1350
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 am


  • Like I said before, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Falcons won this game. Any given Sunday. And hopefully this lessens the blow of yesterday's game. At least the Cardinals are a playoff-caliber team who are playing lights out lately.
    Last edited by nategreat on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1345
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am


  • I'm so excited... even IF the 49'er win... this first half is a more fun than any part of yesterdays game!!!
    ImageImageImage

    "You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1350
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 am


  • Lol @ krapernick
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2134
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • Late flag, bailed out by refs
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2134
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Next


It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online