Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Something to keep an eye on
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:50 am 
NET Starter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... pite-wins/

We Hawk fans know how this rarely works out...

Post subject: Re: Something to keep an eye on
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:33 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

If I am the owner, I probably think long and hard about giving the GM less power. Happened here when Holmgren was fighting with Whitsett and giving Whitsett the boot had the temporary bounce of getting the team into the Superbowl. Then Ruskell and Holmgren got into their power struggle.

The on-field results just seem to say to me that Jim is a major catalyst for the success and cooler heads need to make sure they can work with the coaching talent. Just the way it is with organizational structures. These men are not shrinking violets and there will be tension.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:45 am 
* NET Alumni *

Quote:
pull the curtain back

That is such a closed .... even secretive organization. They invite speculation and rumor. LOL

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Some of the comments below the piece are worth reading.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Veteran

I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:40 pm 
* NET Baller *

I don't see why we seahawk fans would have to keep an eye on any of it, not our team.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 pm 
NET Practice Squad

rideaducati wrote:
I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.

Balke drafted starters Davis, Iupati, Miller, and Kaepernick on offense, drafted starters Bowman, Smith, Reid, and Brock on defense. Drafted Key back ups Hunter, James, and Culliver. Signed starters, Whitner, Goodwin, Rodgers, Dorsey, and Dawson. Balke also traded Alex smith for two 2nd round picks, and resigned nearly every superstar on this team to date. Sorry if I left out the "next to nothing" part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Dick Johnson wrote:
rideaducati wrote:

Balke drafted starters Davis, Iupati, Miller, and Kaepernick on offense, drafted starters Bowman, Smith, Reid, and Brock on defense. Drafted Key back ups Hunter, James, and Culliver. Signed starters, Whitner, Goodwin, Rodgers, Dorsey, and Dawson. Balke also traded Alex smith for two 2nd round picks, and resigned nearly every superstar on this team to date. Sorry if I left out the "next to nothing" part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

But did he have help in those drafts? Because he has done very poorly as of late. Aldon Smith was a good pick but everyone had him high on their board. Davis an Iupati were projected first rounders also, but I think those picks had more to do with coach Singletary who desperately wanted a running game. And as far as Vernon Davis, when he ran a 4.3 at the combine, his draft status was cemented. VD was on his way to bust status before Mike Singletary came along.

So while Baalke may have experienced some success, I doubt it was all him.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:17 pm 
* NET Baller *

Who's ever idea it was to get Jenkins in round one is a moron, that's all I know

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:11 am 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
I don't see why we seahawk fans would have to keep an eye on any of it, not our team.

Pretty much especially after we win 3 out of the next 4 Superbowls. The 49ers are already irrelevant they will just figure it out after they give Keapernick a nice fat contract.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:07 am 
NET Rookie

I think we need to stop trash talking Kaepernick in hope the 9ers secure him for a nice long term contract.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:44 am 
NET Veteran

Largefarva wrote:
I think we need to stop trash talking Kaepernick in hope the 9ers secure him for a nice long term contract.
Why? Given the reason why he is trashed talked is that he's 2nd tier..Joe Flacco/Tony Romo; Matt Stafford/Phillip Rivers level. Not bad, in fact very dangerous and elite if conditions are totally right.

Not a bad place to be given that is were Wilson is currently until he wins February 2nd then it starts getting interesting because he's definitively better than Troy Aikman and then his next next nearest comp is Fran Tarkenton.....so give me a better comparisoni if you dislike the conclusion.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:08 am 
NET Rookie

I think you took me way too seriously. I'm just saying from a rival's standpoint, the 9ers could draft a much better option than Kaepernick. Me personally, I just don't think he's going to be a very good quarterback.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am 
NET Veteran

Largefarva wrote:
I think you took me way too seriously. I'm just saying from a rival's standpoint, the 9ers could draft a much better option than Kaepernick. Me personally, I just don't think he's going to be a very good quarterback.

Yep. Sarcasm emotion, use it because it's your friend.:)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]