Something to keep an eye on

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Something to keep an eye on
Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Something to keep an eye on
Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:33 am
  • If I am the owner, I probably think long and hard about giving the GM less power. Happened here when Holmgren was fighting with Whitsett and giving Whitsett the boot had the temporary bounce of getting the team into the Superbowl. Then Ruskell and Holmgren got into their power struggle.

The on-field results just seem to say to me that Jim is a major catalyst for the success and cooler heads need to make sure they can work with the coaching talent. Just the way it is with organizational structures. These men are not shrinking violets and there will be tension.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:45 am
  • pull the curtain back

That is such a closed .... even secretive organization. They invite speculation and rumor. LOL
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:00 pm
  • Some of the comments below the piece are worth reading.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:26 pm
  • I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:40 pm
  • I don't see why we seahawk fans would have to keep an eye on any of it, not our team.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.

Balke drafted starters Davis, Iupati, Miller, and Kaepernick on offense, drafted starters Bowman, Smith, Reid, and Brock on defense. Drafted Key back ups Hunter, James, and Culliver. Signed starters, Whitner, Goodwin, Rodgers, Dorsey, and Dawson. Balke also traded Alex smith for two 2nd round picks, and resigned nearly every superstar on this team to date. Sorry if I left out the "next to nothing" part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.
    Dick Johnson
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 pm
  • Dick Johnson wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.

Balke drafted starters Davis, Iupati, Miller, and Kaepernick on offense, drafted starters Bowman, Smith, Reid, and Brock on defense. Drafted Key back ups Hunter, James, and Culliver. Signed starters, Whitner, Goodwin, Rodgers, Dorsey, and Dawson. Balke also traded Alex smith for two 2nd round picks, and resigned nearly every superstar on this team to date. Sorry if I left out the "next to nothing" part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

But did he have help in those drafts? Because he has done very poorly as of late. Aldon Smith was a good pick but everyone had him high on their board. Davis an Iupati were projected first rounders also, but I think those picks had more to do with coach Singletary who desperately wanted a running game. And as far as Vernon Davis, when he ran a 4.3 at the combine, his draft status was cemented. VD was on his way to bust status before Mike Singletary came along.

So while Baalke may have experienced some success, I doubt it was all him.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:17 pm
  • Who's ever idea it was to get Jenkins in round one is a moron, that's all I know
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:11 am
  • Throwdown wrote:I don't see why we seahawk fans would have to keep an eye on any of it, not our team.

Pretty much especially after we win 3 out of the next 4 Superbowls. The 49ers are already irrelevant they will just figure it out after they give Keapernick a nice fat contract.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:07 am
  • I think we need to stop trash talking Kaepernick in hope the 9ers secure him for a nice long term contract.
    Largefarva
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:44 am
  • Largefarva wrote:I think we need to stop trash talking Kaepernick in hope the 9ers secure him for a nice long term contract.
    Why? Given the reason why he is trashed talked is that he's 2nd tier..Joe Flacco/Tony Romo; Matt Stafford/Phillip Rivers level. Not bad, in fact very dangerous and elite if conditions are totally right.

Not a bad place to be given that is were Wilson is currently until he wins February 2nd then it starts getting interesting because he's definitively better than Troy Aikman and then his next next nearest comp is Fran Tarkenton.....so give me a better comparisoni if you dislike the conclusion.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:08 am
  • I think you took me way too seriously. I'm just saying from a rival's standpoint, the 9ers could draft a much better option than Kaepernick. Me personally, I just don't think he's going to be a very good quarterback.
    Largefarva
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am
  • Largefarva wrote:I think you took me way too seriously. I'm just saying from a rival's standpoint, the 9ers could draft a much better option than Kaepernick. Me personally, I just don't think he's going to be a very good quarterback.

Yep. Sarcasm emotion, use it because it's your friend.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information