Niner's FB Miller out for season? *Shoulder Injury*

Brahn

Reaction score
Saw this while checking today's injuries

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/16 ... er-injury/

Is this legit? Hope not as much as I hate the Niner's I like FBs like Miller.

**Fullback Bruce Miller sustained a serious injury to his left scapula (shoulder blade) and probably will miss the rest of the season, head coach Jim Harbaugh said. Miller was hurt when he took a hard hit from Bucs safety Keith Tandy along the sideline in the fourth quarter, at the end of a 10-yard reception.

“It doesn’t look good,” Harbaugh said today in his weekly news conference in Santa Clara.**

kidhawk

Reaction score
It is true that he was hurt in the game yesterday. Was just talking to a Niner fan at work about it about an h our ago.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Yes, its true. Broken Scapula. Ouch.

Niners third leading receiver too.

SF49r

Reaction score
Last time he was injured our run-game was non existent and one of the reasons we lost to the ravens in 2011, it's gonna be a huge blow unless boobie or that Stanford kid steps up

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.[/quote said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

Good thing SC got Crabtree and Manningwho? back.

Kapernick needs all the offensive weapons he can stare at.

HoRneR

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1fzl099t said:
Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.[/quote:1fzl099t said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

Hmm is it as pathetic as your attempt to quote someone? ;)
It was so bad it messed up my quote shit crazy! :0190l:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":zql3ownv said:
Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.[/quote:zql3ownv said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

I will not cheer for injuries, even if it is to the Niners. We are a much better fan base than that!! :thirishdrinkers: I hope the Niners are 100% healthy when we play them (or close to it as possible).

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

Marvin49

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":eawdyh70 said:
What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

He came back into the game. Not sure what the deal was...I thought he was concussed as well.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":10x76gcu said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":10x76gcu said:

He came back into the game. Not sure what the deal was...I thought he was concussed as well.

He's had, what, two concussions in the last year going back to last December's game in Seattle? You'd think he's someone they would keep a close eye on given his recent history.

As for Miller, it's a real shame. You've got to have respect for hard-nosed fullbacks and it's really tough to see any player's season cut short by injury. Hope he has a quick and complete recovery.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3pt6yiq9 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3pt6yiq9 said:

It was apparently his chest hitting, not his head hitting, that made him come up like that. He knocked the wind out of himself running into the wall full speed and was woozy as heck. He was fine by the time he made it to the sideline and got some breath back.

(and just in case anyone is thinking it, the NFL has an independent monitor at each game who decides when concussion tests are administered. It's not a team decision).

As for Miller, this is about as big of a loss as they could have from a non-marquee player. He's a great, great lead blocker on a run first time that doesn't have a true backup FB (not that any team does anymore really) and has also largely taken over Delanie Walker's H-Back role in the offense. That will probably fall to Vance McDonald now (who should be back by next week), but it's still a major blow.

I'm guessing they bring Owen Marecic back in after Miller goes on IR tomorrow.

I think it would take something much bigger than this for them to miss the playoffs at this point, but it will definitely hurt them.

NINEster

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1yy9s7xb said:
Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.[/quote:1yy9s7xb said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

The last time Joe Montana won a super bowl, his full back Tom Rathman caught 73 passes, good for #2 in between guys named Jerry Rice and John Taylor.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
HoRneR":avw2six8 said:
SouthSoundHawk":avw2six8 said:
Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.[/quote:avw2six8 said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

Hmm is it as pathetic as your attempt to quote someone? ;)
It was so bad it messed up my quote shit crazy! :0190l:

oh the irony.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
NINEster":6pvkfmph said:
The last time Joe Montana won a super bowl, his full back Tom Rathman caught 73 passes, good for #2 in between guys named Jerry Rice and John Taylor.

Except Colin Kaepernick IS NOT Joe Montana.

Montana: a superb leader, a phenomenal champion, and one of the best QBs to play the game.

For a 49ers fan, I think you should drop dead for even mentioning them in the same breath.