Niner's FB Miller out for season? *Shoulder Injury*

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Saw this while checking today's injuries

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/16 ... er-injury/

Is this legit? Hope not as much as I hate the Niner's I like FBs like Miller.

**Fullback Bruce Miller sustained a serious injury to his left scapula (shoulder blade) and probably will miss the rest of the season, head coach Jim Harbaugh said. Miller was hurt when he took a hard hit from Bucs safety Keith Tandy along the sideline in the fourth quarter, at the end of a 10-yard reception.

“It doesn’t look good,” Harbaugh said today in his weekly news conference in Santa Clara.**
    [size=50]“Give me your Loud, your Proud,
    Your Jacked Up masses yearning to Scream free,
    The Winning refuse of your Sea Town shore.
    Send these, the Passionate, Loyal, to me:
    I lift my 12 Flag beside the Lombardi.”

― Emma Lazarus (If she was a 12) By BraHn
    [/size]
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

• It is true that he was hurt in the game yesterday. Was just talking to a Niner fan at work about it about an h our ago.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Yes, its true. Broken Scapula. Ouch.

Niners third leading receiver too.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• A real tough guy.. That sucks! I like his toughness and sorry to hear :(
    seahawk12thman
    NET Veteran

• Last time he was injured our run-game was non existent and one of the reasons we lost to the ravens in 2011, it's gonna be a huge blow unless boobie or that Stanford kid steps up
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• Tough loss.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• [quote="Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.[/quote]

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

Good thing SC got Crabtree and Manningwho? back.

Kapernick needs all the offensive weapons he can stare at.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:[quote="Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

Kapernick needs all the offensive weapons he can stare at.[/quote]

Hmm is it as pathetic as your attempt to quote someone? ;)
    It was so bad it messed up my quote shit crazy! :0190l:
    HoRneR
    NET Rookie

• Yeah, it's even worse.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

I will not cheer for injuries, even if it is to the Niners. We are a much better fan base than that!! :thirishdrinkers: I hope the Niners are 100% healthy when we play them (or close to it as possible).
    seahawk12thman
    NET Veteran

• Now we got an excuse if we lose btw 8)
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

He came back into the game. Not sure what the deal was...I thought he was concussed as well.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• SF49r wrote:Now we got an excuse if we lose btw 8)

Hahaha. Well played sir.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

He came back into the game. Not sure what the deal was...I thought he was concussed as well.

He's had, what, two concussions in the last year going back to last December's game in Seattle? You'd think he's someone they would keep a close eye on given his recent history.

As for Miller, it's a real shame. You've got to have respect for hard-nosed fullbacks and it's really tough to see any player's season cut short by injury. Hope he has a quick and complete recovery.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Marvin49 wrote:
    VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

It was apparently his chest hitting, not his head hitting, that made him come up like that. He knocked the wind out of himself running into the wall full speed and was woozy as heck. He was fine by the time he made it to the sideline and got some breath back.

(and just in case anyone is thinking it, the NFL has an independent monitor at each game who decides when concussion tests are administered. It's not a team decision).

As for Miller, this is about as big of a loss as they could have from a non-marquee player. He's a great, great lead blocker on a run first time that doesn't have a true backup FB (not that any team does anymore really) and has also largely taken over Delanie Walker's H-Back role in the offense. That will probably fall to Vance McDonald now (who should be back by next week), but it's still a major blow.

I'm guessing they bring Owen Marecic back in after Miller goes on IR tomorrow.

I think it would take something much bigger than this for them to miss the playoffs at this point, but it will definitely hurt them.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Thankfully, we have no FBs on our Practice Squad.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

The last time Joe Montana won a super bowl, his full back Tom Rathman caught 73 passes, good for #2 in between guys named Jerry Rice and John Taylor.
    NINEster
    NET Rookie

• HoRneR wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:[quote="Marvin49"...Niners third leading receiver too.

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's just pathetic.

Kapernick needs all the offensive weapons he can stare at.

Hmm is it as pathetic as your attempt to quote someone? ;)
    It was so bad it messed up my quote shit crazy! :0190l:[/quote]

oh the irony.
    FriscosFinest
    NET Rookie

• NINEster wrote:
    The last time Joe Montana won a super bowl, his full back Tom Rathman caught 73 passes, good for #2 in between guys named Jerry Rice and John Taylor.

Except Colin Kaepernick IS NOT Joe Montana.

Montana: a superb leader, a phenomenal champion, and one of the best QBs to play the game.

For a 49ers fan, I think you should drop dead for even mentioning them in the same breath.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

Montana: a superb leader, a phenomenal champion, and one of the best QBs to play the game.

For a 49ers fan, I think you should drop dead for even mentioning them in the same breath.

You're missing the point of the comparison. The argument was that it definitionally reflects poorly on a QB or a team if the fullback is as big of a part of the passing gamea as Bruce Miller is/was. The response was an example of a HOF QB and a Super Bowl winning team having a fullback who was a much bigger part of the passing game than Miller is/was.

It's not comparing Kaepernick to Montana. Instead it's using Montana as an example to point out the flaw in the argument. Should we reconsider Joe Montana's talent and that teams Super Bowl victory because Rathman caught a bunch of passes? If not the argument is flawed.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• If the 9ers are as good as the Seahawks then it is next man up.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:If the 9ers are as good as the Seahawks then it is next man up.

Pretty much.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:If the 9ers are as good as the Seahawks then it is next man up.

Exactly! And given we're talking about fullbacks, it's like how Robinson was let go and Derrick Coleman was "next man up" and because the Seahawks are so good and Coleman was "next man up" he ended up...going back to the bench after the team ran back to Robinson. :lol:

(sorry, ignore me, it was just too easy. ;) )
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:If the 9ers are as good as the Seahawks then it is next man up.

Exactly! And given we're talking about fullbacks, it's like how Robinson was let go and Derrick Coleman was "next man up" and because the Seahawks are so good and Coleman was "next man up" he ended up...going back to the bench after the team ran back to Robinson. :lol:

(sorry, ignore me, it was just too easy. ;) )

That's not even accurate so I am not sure how you can declare that "was just too easy". Robinson was dealing with pretty significant health issues before the season that caused him to lose 30 pounds and was likely a big reason why he didn't make the roster out of training camp.

Coleman got injured and we brought back Robinson and now both of them are getting playing time once Coleman got healthy.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

Have they fined Kam for it yet?
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• Popeyejones wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

You're missing the point of the comparison. The argument was that it definitionally reflects poorly on a QB or a team if the fullback is as big of a part of the passing gamea as Bruce Miller is/was. The response was an example of a HOF QB and a Super Bowl winning team having a fullback who was a much bigger part of the passing game than Miller is/was.

It's not comparing Kaepernick to Montana. Instead it's using Montana as an example to point out the flaw in the argument. Should we reconsider Joe Montana's talent and that teams Super Bowl victory because Rathman caught a bunch of passes? If not the argument is flawed.

I got the comparison just fine thank you. And why don't you let your brethen stick up for themselves instead always being Captain-Save-A-Douche?

With that said...

There is a BIG, BIG difference being a top receiving option at FB during the 1980's with Joe Montana as your QB ( Seahawks fans revere John L. Williams)

Than...

Being a top receiving option at FB in Today's NFL with Colin Kapernick as your QB.

Its pure and simple, Miller being your 3rd best WR just cements the notion that Squidworth Krap-Pants is a borderline 2-read QB at best, as in he has his primary read (Boldin, Davis, now Crabtree) and his safety valve (who was Miller).

Its okay to finally admit your QB sucks and that his elite athleticism allows him to be an average QB.... and that your superior O-Line talent masks a lot of his weaknesses which is almost sh**ting himself in the face of pressure.

Colin Kaepernick is basically Michael Vick with a great team and a genius coaching staff.

If you didn't get the theme of this post...

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Popeyejones wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

I got the comparison just fine thank you. And why don't you let your brethen stick up for themselves instead always being Captain-Save-A-Douche?

With that said...

There is a BIG, BIG difference being a top receiving option at FB during the 1980's with Joe Montana as your QB ( Seahawks fans revere John L. Williams)

Than...

Being a top receiving option at FB in Today's NFL with Colin Kapernick as your QB.

Its pure and simple, Miller being your 3rd best WR just cements the notion that Squidworth Krap-Pants is a borderline 2-read QB at best, as in he has his primary read (Boldin, Davis, now Crabtree) and his safety valve (who was Miller).

Its okay to finally admit your QB sucks and that his elite athleticism allows him to be an average QB.... and that your superior O-Line talent masks a lot of his weaknesses which is almost sh**ting himself in the face of pressure.

Colin Kaepernick is basically Michael Vick with a great team and a genius coaching staff.

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

Man and some of you guys were angry about that dr dre beats commercial, I thought it was spot on and this post even proves it.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

Popeyejones wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

With that said...

Than...

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

Lets be honest tho Miller was wide open alot of the time :snack:
    HoRneR
    NET Rookie

• I don't get how the FB being the third leading receiver equals Kap sux.

Crab is back now and getting better every week. If anything, a QB checking down to a back means he is NOT stuck on one read.

Damn...sometimes you guys are just LOOKING for a reason. LOL. No worries.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:sometimes you guys are just LOOKING for a reason.

Sometimes?

While I'm generally in favor of a spirit of generosity, this is overdoing it, man. ;)
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:I don't get how the FB being the third leading receiver equals Kap sux.

Crab is back now and getting better every week. If anything, a QB checking down to a back means he is NOT stuck on one read.

Damn...sometimes you guys are just LOOKING for a reason. LOL. No worries.

Unless his read is primary read and then dump off. Dump off isn't really a read as the back is set up to be open for the check down. Joey Harrington could check down, so could Colt McCoy. Neither of them are starting. Any QB can check down at this level of play, to make it seem like it takes skill to do so is humorous at best. There is a reason it is called a safety valve.

No worries though, anyone who has to laugh out loud at their own "whit" is probably more interested in making up nonsense, then talking football.
    [size=50]“Give me your Loud, your Proud,
    Your Jacked Up masses yearning to Scream free,
    The Winning refuse of your Sea Town shore.
    Send these, the Passionate, Loyal, to me:
    I lift my 12 Flag beside the Lombardi.”

― Emma Lazarus (If she was a 12) By BraHn
    [/size]
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

• Colin Kaepernick is basically Michael Vick with a great team and a genius coaching staff.

This line made me laugh out loud. Kaep will NEVER be as good as Vick and the niners couldn't be further from having a "genius coaching staff". The only thing "genius" Harbaugh has done is leave before Luck was no longer his QB.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Except he fights turtles not dogs.
    Ya, just like Vick
    Lol
    Weadoption
    NET Rookie

Popeyejones wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

With that said...

Than...

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

Goalposts = moved!

5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information