Haven't seen any mention of Boldin pushing the ref

MdHawk225

Reaction score
No call!!!! I wonder how it would have played out if Sherman did the same....

drdiags

Reaction score
He probably got a fine. The ref used his discretion and didn't throw a flag. The Vikings player got tossed (I think) and got fined.

253hawk

Reaction score
He'll probably be fined today; likely in the $20-30K range. He was out of control all game though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
It could very well have been flagged, but watch it again. He didn't push the ref. The ref put his hands on Boldin and Boldin pushed his hands away.

Not sure how the ref could eject a player for objecting to getting touched.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":rbv6cnsn said:
It could very well have been flagged, but watch it again. He didn't push the ref. The ref put his hands on Boldin and Boldin pushed his hands away.

Ah the old "I didn't punch him! He ran into my fist!" defense. Classic.

253hawk

Reaction score
Intent doesn't matter. You touch a ref in anything but an obviously friendly manner, it's a fine/ejection.

[youtube]_rYgtus5Lv4[/youtube]

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3uz6wym8 said:
Marvin49":3uz6wym8 said:

Ah the old "I didn't punch him! He ran into my fist!" defense. Classic.

Seriously. Watch it again. Boldin was forceful about it and that's why I said he could have been flagged, but it was the ref who had his hands on Boldin and was trying to talk to him and Boldin wanted none of it.

A

Anonymous

Clip?

I distinctly remember Boldin being shown talking adamantly at the ref, but not contacting him.

253hawk

Reaction score
I'll make one if someone can refresh my memory of when it happened. And it wasn't so much him shoving the ref, but he slapped his arms away when the ref was trying to break something up. You do not touch officials in those situations. Ever. You back off and act like an adult.

Pak40.

Reaction score
The ref grabbed his arms to stop him from going after another player and redirect him back towards the field and he did the old rip em away move. He did not touch the ref, the ref touched him and he pulled his arm from under his hand. he did it pretty violently though, i am surprised he did not get a flag.