Jim Harbaugh After The Game

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
They just showed on a Sound of the NFL segment on MNF Harbaugh talking to his team after the win.

He awkward dropped a Nelson Mandela quote then told everyone to give everyone a high 5, every player turned around to high 5 each other. Harbaugh is a soccer dad to the nth degree.

I feel much better now.

NorCal

Reaction score
They've been doing the slap hands thing after games for a while now

Brahn

Reaction score
I admire Jim's intensity. Intensity from a coach can be a powerful tool, it can also destroy a locker room rapidly. The Niners currently have way to much leadership on the team for it to be a major negative. While I enjoy Pete's style of coaching, something about a coach that is hyper intense will always draw me in.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Why do we care about what an opposing coach does post-game in their locker room?

Unless, of course, he suffers a huge melt down and then we want a front row seat and popcorn.

Greenhell

Reaction score
One thing I didn't hear him say at the end of his speech was the, "Who's got it better than us", crap. Maybe because they don't anymore.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's only when they're in first place.

Harbaugh is a better front runner than pursuer I think. Then again, although he's the biggest whiner and poor sport in the league, he does have that team focused even though they were on the cusp of missing the playoffs.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
he literally cries after EVERY play for a call of some degree. Wouldnt surprised me if it indulenced the refs on sunday

ivotuk

Reaction score
What cracked me up was he likened the game to "3 and 1/2 hours in the dentist chair getting a root canal."

While Pete said something to the effect of "this was a really good game for us and the kind that I want to see our team play well in. I'm glad they got this kind of exposure towards the end of the season to keep them sharp."

I kind of like Jim Harbaugh's intensity and I'm sure his players appreciate it too, but it can go really negative really fast if they have a losing streak and Colin Kaepernick is not the kind of QB to handle it well. He needs to take some lessons from Russell and chill a little.

Whereas Pete's approach has much better legs and can with stand a down stretch.

"Have fun, don't get too high or too low and take it as it comes. Work your tail off to be prepared and even in defeat you will be okay because we are in this for the long run."

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
ivotuk":31xalob5 said:
What cracked me up was he likened the game to "3 and 1/2 hours in the dentist chair getting a root canal."

While Pete said something to the effect of "this was a really good game for us and the kind that I want to see our team play well in. I'm glad they got this kind of exposure towards the end of the season to keep them sharp."

I kind of like Jim Harbaugh's intensity and I'm sure his players appreciate it too, but it can go really negative really fast if they have a losing streak and Colin Kaepernick is not the kind of QB to handle it well. He needs to take some lessons from Russell and chill a little.

"Have fun, don't get too high or too low and take it as it comes. Work your tail off to be prepared and even in defeat you will be okay because we are in this for the long run."
People have been posting on here for a while that Harbaugh and the 49ers have the potential to fall apart if the 49ers have a losing streak. Idk how or why people arrive at this conclusion. The 49ers 4 losses were a pair of back to back losses and the team responded both times by winning at least 3 in a row (49ers are currently on a 3 game winning streak. I predict they win out the rest of the year...)

sure, you guys find Harbaugh annoying. But the players love him and any lame reasons you guys hate the guy for have no bearing in the 49ers locker room. If anything, Pete's superfluous positivity (as evidence by Pete everytime he talks about an injured player: "oh, other players on the team have suffered the same injury and so player X should be good to go.") is more likely to self-destruct than Harbaugh's over-the-top intensity..

dunceface

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":184px4ka said:
ivotuk":184px4ka said:

People have been posting on here for a while that Harbaugh and the 49ers have the potential to fall apart if the 49ers have a losing streak. Idk how or why people arrive at this conclusion. The 49ers 4 losses were a pair of back to back losses and the team responded both times by winning at least 3 in a row (49ers are currently on a 3 game winning streak. I predict they win out the rest of the year...)

sure, you guys find Harbaugh annoying. But the players love him and any lame reasons you guys hate the guy for have no bearing in the 49ers locker room. If anything, Pete's superfluous positivity (as evidence by Pete everytime he talks about an injured player: "oh, other players on the team have suffered the same injury and so player X should be good to go.") is more likely to self-destruct than Harbaugh's over-the-top intensity..

what are you even talking about??

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":495ssccs said:
ivotuk":495ssccs said:

Huh?

bryantology79

Reaction score
i dont know what the point of that was but lets all high five each other, come on...

Marvin49

Reaction score
bryantology79":3ca8c5o3 said:
i dont know what the point of that was but lets all high five each other, come on...

LOL. The stuff you guys have problems with. LOL.

Amazes me every time.

KK84

Reaction score
Marvin49":2n3uytmr said:
bryantology79":2n3uytmr said:

LOL. The stuff you guys have problems with. LOL.

Amazes me every time.

Coming from the fan base that starts petitions to lower crowd noise.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":36b1o5tr said:
ivotuk":36b1o5tr said:

Personally I think that Harbaugh has chilled out a bit compared to last year. Regardless, he's still one of the most high strung coaches in the league and considering this is the NFL that is really saying something.

It is really difficult to maintain that intensity over a long period of time without suffering mental/physical fatigue. I believe Harbaugh had an issue last year with his heart rhythm, which likely has something to do with him red-lining 50x a game. He also seems to be cut from the "old school" coach cloth and a lot of his comments can be perceived as negative. For example, him saying the game was like having a root canal, while I get what he's saying, at the same time he is choosing to focus on the negative aspect of the game. A game in which they won.

Meanwhile, the Hawks lost and Carroll mentioned that he thought it was a good learning experience for his team and that these are the type of game he enjoys... close, hard fought battles. It's easier to maintain a positive attitude because it is invigorating by nature.

Also Carroll's comment regarding Unger was that they would have to wait and see, that players have played through it before, but it just depends on the specific injury. He never said "he's good to go and will play". But good job making things up I guess.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":oi109ekz said:
SoHo9erFan":oi109ekz said:
ivotuk":oi109ekz said:

Personally I think that Harbaugh has chilled out a bit compared to last year. Regardless, he's still one of the most high strung coaches in the league and considering this is the NFL that is really saying something.

It is really difficult to maintain that intensity over a long period of time without suffering mental/physical fatigue. I believe Harbaugh had an issue last year with his heart rhythm, which likely has something to do with him red-lining 50x a game. He also seems to be cut from the "old school" coach cloth and a lot of his comments can be perceived as negative. For example, him saying the game was like having a root canal, while I get what he's saying, at the same time he is choosing to focus on the negative aspect of the game. A game in which they won.

Meanwhile, the Hawks lost and Carroll mentioned that he thought it was a good learning experience for his team and that these are the type of game he enjoys... close, hard fought battles. It's easier to maintain a positive attitude because it is invigorating by nature.

Also Carroll's comment regarding Unger was that they would have to wait and see, that players have played through it before, but it just depends on the specific injury. He never said "he's good to go and will play". But good job making things up I guess.

I don't really buy that.

For the most part, I don't think Harbaugh has changed all that much. What has changed is some peoples PERCEPTION of him. When the Niners were leading the NFC West and people thought he was disrespecting them, he was vilified as the antichrist. Now that you have a comfortable lead in the division and these games are less concequential to your teams immediate future, you can relax a bit more and see him more as he is and don't overreact to every perceived slight.

He is unorthodox. That much is certain...but he was never the raging madman that this forum has made him out to be.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
It's not just this forum, Harbaugh's rep around the league is that of a high strung crazy person. He's a good coach, but he acts insane on the field and some of his comments off of it: "gobble, gobble, gobble turkey from jive turkey gobblers" don't help.

Also cool how you can read my mind and everything but I noticed near the beginning of the year that Jim seemed slightly calmer. It's just my opinion and all. But I've yet to see him do his crazy mushroom stomp with spittle flying out of his mouth.