Gronk & Mathieu done for season with ACL tear

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
826463572.gif

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... leg-injury

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

Arians says Mathieu appears to have torn his ACL. Very tough blow.

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status ... 9256246272

CaptBennett

Reaction score
Wow, they are both very good players that now might effect the outlook of the playoffs. I think the Pats will be okay, seeing they did when he was gone the first half of this season.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't think Gronk will ever be the same player he was 2 years ago. Tough break.

Largent80

Reaction score
And they penalize every other tackle but that one?....Dude was trying to take out Gronks knee. I am not a Patriot lover but that was cheap by todays standards. When I was playing football, that is a good tackle.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Largent80":19so1cy5 said:
And they penalize every other tackle but that one?....Dude was trying to take out Gronks knee. I am not a Patriot lover but that was cheap by todays standards. When I was playing football, that is a good tackle.

He did what the league dictates a player should do in that situation. Saving that, he did what any self-preserving player would do in that situation. When a guy outweighs you by 60+ pounds you do not hit him high. That play was in no way cheap.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":14y4mde0 said:
Blame Goodell and the new rules this will be commonplace soon unless they completely rethink things.

BASF

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2fs3ytbb said:
Largent80":2fs3ytbb said:

He did what the league dictates a player should do in that situation. Saving that, he did what any self-preserving player would do in that situation. When a guy outweighs you by 60+ pounds you do not hit him high. That play was in no way cheap.

Exactly.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah that one's not on Goodell. If he goes high on Gronk he breaks his own neck and has zero chance of making the tackle.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
A real Honey Badger would bite his own dodgy leg off and then grow a new one.

CPHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3412lkvw said:
I bet he feels good about not getting a concussion there. Thanks, Rog! :sarcasm_off:

I hate to laugh at the irony here, but Brock said yesterday that Gronk also got a concussion on the play.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
This might be on Goodell, honestly we don't know. We're not in that players mind.

Before the witch hunt of defenders going high, he just might have tried to crush Gronk high.

But I do feel unfortunately this is going to be the norm, going low = no fine for defenders.
Going high = probably a fine when the incidental helmet contact happens.

Even when defenders target the chest and aim at the correct level, the ball carriers just turtle up, and lower themselves for contact. Defenders get fined even when they did everything right.

If I played defense at this point, man I'd be a knee huntin' fool. Save my paychecks.

Pak40.

Reaction score
Gronk is done, guy can not stay healthy. He is the TE version of Percy Harvin. Pats should trade him ASAP.