Matt Flynn sucks

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Matt Flynn sucks
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am
  • Bullet. Dodged.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Matt Flynn sucks
Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Green Bay 22,
    Atlanta 21.

I don't think "Matt Flynn sucks."
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:29 pm
  • rottweiler wrote:Green Bay 22,
    Atlanta 21.

He will be out of football by the end of the season...
    Donn2390
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:35 pm
  • Donn2390 wrote:
    rottweiler wrote:Green Bay 22,
    Atlanta 21.

He will be out of football by the end of the season...

He'd rather be fishing anyway. :D
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 pm
  • rottweiler wrote:Green Bay 22,
    Atlanta 21.

Did you watch the game?

Validating that 'performance' by quoting the fact Green Bay beat a crappy Atlanta by one point isn't a repost.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 am
  • Yeah, he is pretty average. Back up for sure.
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Really, really, really sucks.

Just had a horrendous pick in the Cowboys game.

Green Bay, to quote the commentator, are making the Dallas defense (worst in the league) look like the 85 Bears.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Yeah he's terrible. If you have a noodle arm you'd better make really good decisions, and he just launched that duck into 3 defenders.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:40 pm
  • Yeah, hes not doing to great right now.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:53 pm
  • I concur and laughing hard I hate him for no reason that is logical but who cares? He's a Packer.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:21 pm
  • He's playing pretty steady right now. I wouldn't trade him for T-Jack, but I doubt he'll be out of the league by years end like some are predicting.
    docj78
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Huh, seems to be doing OK now.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:31 pm
  • But does he suck as bad as Tony Romo? Devastating pick there.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Dallas defense is completely beyond pathetic. This is strikingly similar to him managing to pad his stats against a horrendous Detroit defense a couple of years ago.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Rooting for Flynn. I've always liked the guy because he had hung in there behind big name QBs and rarely said a peep. Then he will come out and play his butt off no matter what the situation. Dude is tough and i hope he pulls this out.

I'm a big Packers fan and love them even more for giving the stealers a Superbowl loss.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:34 pm
  • LOL Dallas DL pulled Lacy forward.
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:34 pm
  • Funny how the guy gets beat out of a job by a rare, transcendent player, and people dog on him all the time.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:35 pm
  • flynn just beat out a playoff team.
    in the 2nd half alone
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Cowboys in a similar situation to the Seahawks last week. They should let them score here, right?
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm
  • Dallas has thrown the ball something like 50 times in a game they were leading 26-3 at halftime.

How does Garrett have a job?
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:Funny how the guy gets beat out of a job by a rare, transcendent player, and people dog on him all the time.

I mean...this season says a lot. He gets beat out for the starting job in Oakland, then when he gets to play because of an injury, Oakland's immediate response is to cut him. Not just make him a backup or a third-stringer, but cut him.

Then he goes to Buffalo, presumably to at least be in the spot above Jeff Tuel on the depth chart. By the time the Bills have to use someone in that spot, they go with Tuel. Tuel plays pretty badly...and Buffalo's response is to cut Matt Flynn.

These are awful teams that deemed within weeks that he shouldn't even be allowed in the building. It's hard to think that he's very good.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:38 pm
  • And GB scores to take the lead. Time for Choko to do it yet again.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:40 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:Funny how the guy gets beat out of a job by a rare, transcendent player, and people dog on him all the time.

I mean...this season says a lot. He gets beat out for the starting job in Oakland, then when he gets to play because of an injury, Oakland's immediate response is to cut him. Not just make him a backup or a third-stringer, but cut him.

Then he goes to Buffalo, presumably to at least be in the spot above Jeff Tuel on the depth chart. By the time the Bills have to use someone in that spot, they go with Tuel. Tuel plays pretty badly...and Buffalo's response is to cut Matt Flynn.

These are awful teams that deemed within weeks that he shouldn't even be allowed in the building. It's hard to think that he's very good.

I didn't make any argument whatsoever that he is very good. I don't get why people seem to mock and root for him to fail like he slighted the Seahawks in some way.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:41 pm
  • Maybe the Cowboys should trade for Matt Flynn.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:41 pm
  • And Romo throws another 4th quarter pick.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:42 pm
  • And there it is, Choko with the pick to lose it for Dullass. God I love it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Int. Game over. Flynn got it done.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:Dallas has thrown the ball something like 50 times in a game they were leading 26-3 at halftime.

garrett doesn't call any plays.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:44 pm
  • Why are they not running the ball in the possession before the last one, especially when Murray has run well all day (134 yds. on 18 carries)? HORRIBLE play calling! And Choko does it yet again!!!!
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:44 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:Funny how the guy gets beat out of a job by a rare, transcendent player, and people dog on him all the time.

Think about what you are saying here, do you really believe Oakland makes good decisions? They also got rid of Carson Palmer.

Then he goes to the bills with zero time in their system, so he's already at a huge disadvantage and EJ is coming back.

So those two teams decisions really tell me nothing about how well flynn has been playing.
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm
  • Axx wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:Dallas has thrown the ball something like 50 times in a game they were leading 26-3 at halftime.

He's not the play-caller, but it still falls on him if an entire offensive strategy for a half fails so badly. Individual play-calls are one thing, but he can and should obviously overrule losing football strategy.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 pm
  • :34853_doh: Dez Bryant made his patented early departure from the field.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:48 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    Axx wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:Dallas has thrown the ball something like 50 times in a game they were leading 26-3 at halftime.

He's not the play-caller, but it still falls on him if an entire offensive strategy for a half fails so badly. Individual play-calls are one thing, but he can and should obviously overrule losing football strategy.

And not running Murray down their throat on the 2nd to last possession was losing football strategy.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:48 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Think about what you are saying here, do you really believe Oakland makes good decisions? They also got rid of Carson Palmer.

Then he goes to the bills with zero time in their system, so he's already at a huge disadvantage and EJ is coming back.

So those two teams decisions really tell me nothing about how well flynn has been playing.

Ummm, well I don't think getting rid of Carson Palmer is the worst thing, no. The point is that Oakland had spent draft capital on him in the trade with us, had to sort of want him to win the job, and he didn't come all that close.

As for Buffalo, Thad Lewis stepped in with zero time in their system and played kinda sorta halfway well, so I guess I'm not sure I give him that as an excuse either.

I don't think multiple NFL teams outright cut you in a season if they see much value in you. He seems to be a borderline backup/maybe a #3.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 pm
  • Axx wrote:

Uh, he's the head coach and an offensive guy. This is on him. If he can't overrule his OC, what is he even doing there?
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:54 pm
  • Paging Jerry Jones
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:Think about what you are saying here, do you really believe Oakland makes good decisions? They also got rid of Carson Palmer.

Ummm, well I don't think getting rid of Carson Palmer is the worst thing, no. The point is that Oakland had spent draft capital on him in the trade with us, had to sort of want him to win the job, and he didn't come all that close.

As for Buffalo, Thad Lewis stepped in with zero time in their system and played kinda sorta halfway well, so I guess I'm not sure I give him that as an excuse either.

I don't think multiple NFL teams outright cut you in a season if they see much value in you. He seems to be a borderline backup/maybe a #3.

Borderline backups/#3 QB's don't win that game against Dallas with that 2nd half comeback win.

I really don't understand the negative comments about Flynn on this board. We didn't trade any picks for him. We got a 5th round pick for him from Oakland, and the contract he signed wasn't that large for a mid level QB starter. Just because Oakland and Buffalo didn't figure out a way to use him means nothing to me. Especially considering how pathetic both teams look after he was let go.

The reality is that he is a quality 2nd string QB that with the right situation could probably be a bottom third starter in this league. But truth be told he is back where he needs to stay, and with his last two game performance I think that is exactly what will happen. To me he has cemented his place as the #2 behind Rogers for several years to come. Good for him.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:38 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Axx wrote:

Uh, he's the head coach and an offensive guy. This is on him. If he can't overrule his OC, what is he even doing there?

That may be more on Jerry Jones and what type of control he has over the OC play decisions. None of us know.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 pm
  • I have no beef with Flynn whatsoever FWIW, if anything signing him was a positive for our organization because we had a placeholder at starter and weren't going to reach for a QB in the first round that wasn't Wilson. It allowed us to gamble on a short QB in the 3rd.

I think he's had two isolated good games ever in a spot starting role - both against awful defenses - and has looked really bad otherwise, so I don't think he's very good. There's nothing much more to it for me.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:41 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    MidwestHawker wrote:

Think about what you are saying here, do you really believe Oakland makes good decisions? They also got rid of Carson Palmer.

You are trying to rationalize with some who really have a hate against Flynn. I really don't get the hate myself. It's not like he bad mouthed the team or was a cancer on the team.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:42 pm
  • Maybe he's capable of pulling out a good game while playing for Green Bay. All I know is, he seems to be a #3 QB for every other team in the league but the Packers. That isn't any kind of hate talking, that is just what has happened this year.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:43 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:
    Borderline backups/#3 QB's don't win that game against Dallas with that 2nd half comeback win.

I really don't understand the negative comments about Flynn on this board. We didn't trade any picks for him. We got a 5th round pick for him from Oakland, and the contract he signed wasn't that large for a mid level QB starter. Just because Oakland and Buffalo didn't figure out a way to use him means nothing to me. Especially considering how pathetic both teams look after he was let go.

The reality is that he is a quality 2nd string QB that with the right situation could probably be a bottom third starter in this league. But truth be told he is back where he needs to stay, and with his last two game performance I think that is exactly what will happen. To me he has cemented his place as the #2 behind Rogers for several years to come. Good for him.

This +1
    docj78
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:47 pm
  • A lot of hate around here for the guy. I was pretty upset that we spent that kind of cash on him for him to now be the man, but c'mon....... LOOK WHO BEAT HIM OUT!! Russell Wilson already has his name in the record books with the likes of nobodies like Dan Marino and Peyton Manning! The closest Flynn came to badmouthing the organization was allude to not being the "Ra Ra Guy" that Pete wants as his QB. Oakland is a crap organization, and he was just an insurance policy in Buffalo. They had no intention of making him a starter. Cut the dude some slack. I doubt any of us could go out there and play like that, especially when you've been tossed around by 3 teams in less than 12 months.
    docj78
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:59 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:Maybe he's capable of pulling out a good game while playing for Green Bay. All I know is, he seems to be a #3 QB for every other team in the league but the Packers. That isn't any kind of hate talking, that is just what has happened this year.

maybe McCarthy's offense just caters to Flynn's limited strengths?
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:17 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    Axx wrote:

You mean like how jerry jones pretty much made kiffen call out the defense?
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:21 pm
  • I don't care if he badmouthed or not. I care that he's a poor man's Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassell.

The guy gut chances in 3 different organizations to show them something. I don't care what he was brought in for, if he was doing jack or competing in practice he'd have a shot. Saying he hasn't had a fair chance is as delusional as folks saying Tjack never got a fair chance anywhere and was really a starter QB waiting to happen. If negative posts about Flynn are all hate, then fine, I assert that the defenders are all white-knighting the guy.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:I don't care if he badmouthed or not. I care that he's a poor man's Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassell.

The guy gut chances in 3 different organizations to show them something. I don't care what he was brought in for, if he was doing jack or competing in practice he'd have a shot. Saying he hasn't had a fair chance is as delusional as folks saying Tjack never got a fair chance anywhere and was really a starter QB waiting to happen. If negative posts about Flynn are all hate, then fine, I assert that the defenders are all white-knighting the guy.

Thats precisely why I like the guy. He's been passed on by team after team, being tossed around the country like a rag doll. And yet he still puts together a game like this. I salute you, Matt
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:03 am
  • Jville wrote::34853_doh: Dez Bryant made his patented early departure from the field.

Dezzy poo is just misunderstood that is all. He had a rough upbringing you know! :sarcasm_off: Million dollar talent, ten cent head!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 am
  • hawk45 wrote:Maybe he's capable of pulling out a good game while playing for Green Bay. All I know is, he seems to be a #3 QB for every other team in the league but the Packers. That isn't any kind of hate talking, that is just what has happened this year.

What makes this even more peculiar is the fact it was the Pack that drafted him and no team in the history of the NFL has had more success with drafting QBs. Even with different FOs, GB knows what they are looking for, and at, when it comes to QBs. They saw something in Flynn, and they're getting out of Flynn what no other teams have been able to do.

And people hating on Flynn...c'mon. GTFU. He was a Hawk and he gave us what he could. Under the circumstances, I felt he was the consummate pro. What's to hate? I recall posters nit-picking the hell out of him while he was here: "Wilson threw a TD and Flynn didn't even slobber his knob when Wilson went to the sideline"!!!

A large portion of this fan base act like they are married to Wilson and divorce imminent if they were caught complimenting Flynn (Luck, whoever). Kinda' creepy when you think about it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:35 am
  • i think all the Flynn hate is solely on the contract we gave him. that, or these are all people who ran out and bought a Flynn jersey.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information