Good Luck to you 'hawks fans...no, seriously. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hey 'hawk fans,

You guys have the Saints game tonight before it officially becomes Niners/Hawks week and I haven't been around here for several months, but I figured I'd pop back in quickly to wish you guys good luck next week and to hope for no injuries on either side.

Both teams have been mash units all year and its a testament to the coaching and depth of these two teams that they still both find themselves with probable games in January (tho Niners clearly have more work to do). Gotta give it up to Seattle for surviving with only 2 5ths of a line and the Niners will be feeling that pain here really soon.

To be honest, this game has lost quite a bit of luster for me since it would take nothing short of a complete collapse in Seattle for the division to go to SF. I'm curious if its the same for you guys in Seattle or if the Niner hate still burns deeper than ever. :D

Anyway...gotta be real...rooting for NO tonight, but here's hoping for a good game and no injuries.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
To be fair, losing to New Orleans and San Fran isn't that big a collapse.

Could be equal records this time next week.

*Backs away from thread*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1gv6u8p5 said:
Hey 'hawk fans,

You guys have the Saints game tonight before it officially becomes Niners/Hawks week and I haven't been around here for several months, but I figured I'd pop back in quickly to wish you guys good luck next week and to hope for no injuries on either side.

Both teams have been mash units all year and its a testament to the coaching and depth of these two teams that they still both find themselves with probable games in January (tho Niners clearly have more work to do). Gotta give it up to Seattle for surviving with only 2 5ths of a line and the Niners will be feeling that pain here really soon.

To be honest, this game has lost quite a bit of luster for me since it would take nothing short of a complete collapse in Seattle for the division to go to SF. I'm curious if its the same for you guys in Seattle or if the Niner hate still burns deeper than ever. :D

Anyway...gotta be real...rooting for NO tonight, but here's hoping for a good game and no injuries.
I have so much to say about this thread/post, but I think I'll sit this one out.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think a divisional game always has juice. I want to see if the team can take to the belly of the beast the swag they have here. I am sure the 9ers want to prove they are still the NFC Champs until dethroned. This game may have lost a little luster but the play of the other division teams means nothing is guaranteed.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fgc84zwm said:
To be fair, losing to New Orleans and San Fran isn't that big a collapse.

Could be equal records this time next week.

*Backs away from thread*

Uh...Seattle would still be up a game. Losing 3 games in 5 weeks after losing 1 all year IMO would be a collapse.

It won't happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":ywy0f7em said:
SF might not even make it to the WC rd.
I wouldn't go that far. Outside of us their remaining schedule is pretty easy. I just don't see them going less than 11-5 which is plenty good enough for the 6th seed. And then if they play Detroit I see no reason why they can't beat them to set up a third meeting in Seattle.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":36nfw43q said:
SalishHawkFan":36nfw43q said:
SF might not even make it to the WC rd.
I wouldn't go that far. Outside of us their remaining schedule is pretty easy. I just don't see them going less than 11-5 which is plenty good enough for the 6th seed. And then if they play Detroit I see no reason why they can't beat them to set up a third meeting in Seattle.

That's what I think is gonna happen.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":11c0zt7a said:
If SF is going to make the playoffs, I hope they find a way to finish a game ahead of the Panthers and take the fifth seed. I want Seahawks-49ers in the NFCCG, not the divisional round.

The only way I see that happening is if the 49ers win out and the Saints sweep the Panthers. I don't think either would happen.

Niners likely road to the SB right now is at Detroit, at Seattle, at NO.

I'm not confident. :D

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So interesting to see quite a number of Frisco fans coming here with olive branches in hand.

Trying to stifle a yawn but not succeeding.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1vhrwvf4 said:
So interesting to see quite a number of Frisco fans coming here with olive branches in hand.

...it's Niner/'Hawk week. What do you expect?

Walking in here boasting about the Niners being better than the 'Hawks when they are 3 games behind them is kinda pointless.

This is just your team getting the respect you so often say you aren't getting.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":2bk4birm said:
hawksfansinceday1":2bk4birm said:

Walking in here boasting about the Niners being better than the 'Hawks when they are 3 games behind them is kinda pointless.

Well I for one expected more of your ilk before you got ran out of this forum. Now you're back and pretending like you've been some kind of level-headed rival poster?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2dxoev2k said:
Marvin49":2dxoev2k said:
hawksfansinceday1":2dxoev2k said:

Well I for one expected more of your ilk before you got ran out of this forum. Now you're back and pretending like you've been some kind of level-headed rival poster?

lol.

I don't need to "pretend" anything. I post what I think.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
-The Glove-":7fipe3tu said:
Marvin49":7fipe3tu said:
hawksfansinceday1":7fipe3tu said:

THIS, and I'll leave it at that!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The funny thing about this game is what it means to each team and how much the Niner fans wanted to insist the only reason we won the previous two was because it was our super bowl. The reality is the last two games were billed as the clash of the Titans and equally important for both. In the first of the two games Seattle made the statement to the NFL that we are for real and we are coming.

The Niners want to lean on making the super bowl as proof they were the better team but ignore that they had a much easier path to get there that was made possible by the fastest delay of game penalty I have ever seen on a FG attempt. If the snapper gets that ball out literally a half a second sooner or even the delay of game penalty gets called in normal fashion the Rams sweep them and the Niners are the #5 seed and we are the #2 seed. I think the Niners could have beaten the Redskins but with that field it is not a far stretch to think they would have lost key players just like we did and if they would have limped into Atlanta just like we did. Does anyone believe the Niners could have beaten Atlanta if Gore had a sprained ankle like Lynch did? Not to mention they were 1-2 in 10am games against much lessor opponents last season. It is highly likely they couldn't have won even healthy in a 10am start.

The second game was another statement game by Seattle that served the team motto of leave no doubt. The Niners came into Seattle knowing how important that game would be and simply could do nothing to stop another statement game from happening.

Of all the games between Pete's Seahawks and Jimmy's 9er's this is the ultimate statement game but only really if Seattle wins. If Seattle loses it really is no big deal. It very likely will have no affect on our season, playoff seating or confidence. The only statement that stands to be made is if we go in and beat the 9ers at Candlestick. That is the statement that leaves no doubt as to the better team as well as saying the 9er team that only wins easy games is the real 9er team.

Essentially you could say this is the 9ers super bowl. If they cannot beat Seattle at Candlestick everyone will question if they even belong in the conversation of top teams. A loss in this game is monumental to them while being somewhat pedestrian for us.

Truth is I am more concerned about health in this game than a win.

Do I still have the hate for the Niners fans? Not really. I'd say they are more like pesky flies than anything lately. Not really worthy of venom at this point.