Tomlin's Sideline Shenanigans

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was surprised not to see a thread about this.

ScreenSnapz0212-620x336.jpg

Tomlin zps0bf46abe
Anything going to come of it or is it alright for coaches to interfere with plays as long as they're wearing black & gold?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He should get hit with a hefty fine, seriously that Cheshire Cat grin tells you all you need to know. Doubt anything happens though.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Should be suspended one game at least. Its beyond nonsense that a coach is on the field of play 5 yards with in a player. Had it been 90% of the other coaches in the league, the media would be having a field day. Lucky he is the coach of the most popular team in the nation.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":2wq1zv6m said:
Should be suspended one game at least. Its beyond nonsense that a coach is on the field of play 5 yards with in a player. Had it been 90% of the other coaches in the league, the media would be having a field day. Lucky he is the coach of the most popular team in the nation.
Your post is dumb. If the ref crew had some balls, they would have called it a touchdown as per the rules. But they didn't, so you want a suspension. Since when does a bad call equal a suspension?

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Dear Mojo, Since when does a no call equal a suspension? Hmm Since when does a no flag play on specialteams play, end up with a coach suspended. You can read the topic stated by the glove.

Edited by Radish for language attacking a poster rather than his post.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
cockeyhawk said:
Dear Mojo, Since when does a no call equal a suspension? Hmm Since when does a no flag play on specialteams play, end up with a coach suspended. You can read the topic stated by the glove.

You ever make a good, positive post?

rjas77

Reaction score
Check out the sideline ref! his eyes are looking straight at Tomlin's foot!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1i3yoe75 said:

Anything going to come of it or is it alright for coaches to interfere with plays as long as they're wearing black & gold?

Black & gold would be the Saints. Black & yellow for the Stealers. :) Also, apparently you don't enter the shack much, haha. It's discussed a fair amount in a thread there.

I watched that happen live and even the analysts were saying they could just award Baltimore the TD.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jt1cqhz said:
E.C. Laloosh":2jt1cqhz said:

Black & gold would be the Saints. Black & yellow for the Stealers. :) Also, apparently you don't enter the shack much, haha. It's discussed a fair amount in a thread there.

I watched that happen live and even the analysts were saying they could just award Baltimore the TD.
Jacoby messed up. He should have ran right through him end of story. If the referees didn't call touchdown the firestorm which would ensue might almost have entertained me for a week.....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, it'd have been amazing if Jones had just decided to haul off on Tomlin. It'd serve him right. What an ass.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2g12tly2 said:
Yeah, it'd have been amazing if Jones had just decided to haul off on Tomlin. It'd serve him right. What an ass.
How's this for a difference between the Seahawks and the former Superbowl Champions..both Percy and Golden would have ran him over as they scored the touchdown that should be on the board. Hate the Stealers.

253hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2yxp2904 said:
cockeyhawk":2yxp2904 said:
Your post is dumb. If the ref crew had some balls, they would have called it a touchdown as per the rules. But they didn't, so you want a suspension. Since when does a bad call equal a suspension?

It isn't automatically a 'touchdown as per the rules.' It is a judgment call by the refs to award whatever penalty yardage they consider equitable or award a touchdown outright. Understandably, it's never happened in the modern era yet so it's speculation at best to say what would happen.

Cowher actually made clear intent to almost try to tackle a dude (Jags I think?) after he started returning a blocked game-winning FG attempt for a touchdown on a MNF game back in the late 90's. Unfortunately, he stopped himself at the last second and we had to endure another decade of his rage-faced shenanigans and tainted Superb Owl.

It is still a rule that is in place for safety and just because it wasn't flagged in the moment doesn't mean that punishment and/or fines still can't be handed out. Regardless of whether it was intentional or not, it could have resulted in serious injury and the NFL will not let that slide just because dumb ass Tomlin can't tell where he's at for 5 seconds.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
253hawk":2bliwpwn said:
Scottemojo":2bliwpwn said:
cockeyhawk":2bliwpwn said:

It isn't automatically a 'touchdown as per the rules.' It is a judgment call by the refs to award whatever penalty yardage they consider equitable or award a touchdown outright. Understandably, it's never happened in the modern era yet so it's speculation at best to say what would happen.

Cowher actually made clear intent to almost try to tackle a dude (Jags I think?) after he started returning a blocked game-winning FG attempt for a touchdown on a MNF game back in the late 90's. Unfortunately, he stopped himself at the last second and we had to endure another decade of his rage-faced shenanigans and tainted Superb Owl.

It is still a rule that is in place for safety and just because it wasn't flagged in the moment doesn't mean that punishment and/or fines still can't be handed out. Regardless of whether it was intentional or not, it could have resulted in serious injury and the NFL will not let that slide just because dumb ass Tomlin can't tell where he's at for 5 seconds.
When did I say it was automatic?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Here's what's going to happen as it concerns this situation folks: NOTHING! Because the game was played on Thanksgiving, by the time Stealer Rog gets back to his office, there will have been so many other games and so many other things will have happened that Shitsburgh Goodell will be able to bury it so one of his precious glamor franchises doesn't suffer any negative press. I'm sure he will give orders to his TV networks, NFL Network and the Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network to not pursue this on air and they'll be good little sheep and do exactly as he wishes. Journalism my ass. Conflict of interest is more like it.

And no doubt he'll bury this story by ordering NFLN and ESPN to focus on the drug issues of the Seattle Seahawks. Juicy, TMZ type shit sells more ad time than a "respected" coach of a "respected" franchise "bending a rule a tiny bit". Hell they can spin it as Tomlin's "intense desire to win" and leave it at that and then go back to the problems in Seattle, eh?

253hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1gqmc8r3 said:
they would have called it a touchdown as per the rules.

When did I say it was automatic?

It's a ref judgment "per the rules", not an unequivocal touchdown.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w0pyj9nm said:
E.C. Laloosh":w0pyj9nm said:

Meh, we are playing black & gold this week, iRo. I made a mistake.

I usually do frequent the shack but hadn't quite made it over there after the Holiday feast. This was my first post back.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jason Kidd was just handed a nice fine for spilling his cup and saying "hit me". Both coaches were obvious. Tomlin with his grin and Kidd with the hit me

rottweiler

Reaction score
The NFL is taking Mike Tomlin's juvenile-esque infraction/ sideline tantrum seriously.

The latest news:

Up yours, Stealers!!!

I hope the NFL does indeed go through with it, and strip them of a pick in the Draft, myself.

Latest posts