Who wins the NFC south

• N.O.

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Carolina

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters

OrFan

Reaction score
I think it will be Carolina after seeing the way they have played, the upcoming schedule, and how the Saints have played with how bad they play on the road.

I think the Saints will end up as the number 5 seed and will have a real chance of losing on the road in the first round of the playoffs.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wish I hadn't already picked Carolina for the wild card in my thread. I think they're playing well enough to win that division.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
after we play the saints and they lose, then the panther beat them twice...

Erebus

Reaction score
I think they split their upcoming games with each other, and we beat the Saints. If those are their only other losses, then they'll both be 12-4, and according to how I filled out the playoff machine, the Saints will hold the tie breaker. So I think the Saints will win the South.

OP
OP
O

OrFan

Reaction score
The Saints are not good on the road at all, and have some tough teams left. I see them splitting with Carolina.

The Saints now: 9-2
How I see it playing out:
@Seattle - L 9-3
Panthers - W 10-3
@rams - L 10-4
@Panthers - L 10-5
Bucs - W 11-5

Panthers now: 7-3
@Miami - W 8-3
TB - W 9-3
@Saints - L 9-4
Jets - W 10-4
Saints - W 11-4
@Falcons - W 12-4

I think I am being generous giving the Saints a win the week after playing the Seahawks, so that would allow for a different outcome in another game if the Saints follow pattern and lose to Carolina the week following us.

Erebus

Reaction score
OrFan":3v2zpgdr said:
The Saints are not good on the road at all, and have some tough teams left. I see them splitting with Carolina.

The Saints now: 9-2
How I see it playing out:
@Seattle - L 9-3
Panthers - W 10-3
@rams - L 10-4
@Panthers - L 10-5
Bucs - W 11-5

Panthers now: 7-3
@Miami - W 8-3
TB - W 9-3
@Saints - L 9-4
Jets - W 10-4
Saints - W 11-4
@Falcons - W 12-4

I think I am being generous giving the Saints a win the week after playing the Seahawks, so that would allow for a different outcome in another game if the Saints follow pattern and lose to Carolina the week following us.

I think you're under estimating the Saints on the road. They clearly aren't as good on the road as they are at home, but I see no reason to believe they will lose all their remaining road games. They are currently sporting a 3-2 road record, which is completely respectable. They should beat the Rams and go 12-4.

el capitan

Reaction score
I think New Orleans wins it, while Carolina's D has been awesome I just think at some point Cam Newton will choke in a game they should win, he nearly fumbled the 49ers win away when all they had to do was run out the clock.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Carolina will probably finish 11-5 with losses to the Saints and one other.

The Saints will probably finish 12-4 with losses to the Panthers and Seahawks.

It will be close, but the Saints will take the division.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I chose the Panthers, but I think it's a toss-up right now. I'll have a much better idea of who will win it after we play the Saints. If we lose to the Saints or if it's a real nail-biter, then I think the Saints win it. If we win by a couple scores, on the other hand, I think the Panthers take it.