NO vs ATL

muxpux

Reaction score
anyone think ATL can pull off the upset at home thursday? how huge would that be?

OP
OP
muxpux

muxpux

Reaction score
really? the falcons arent that crappy of a team. who says the saints dont have a bad day? then again, they lose that game whos to say they dont come here hungrier? who knows. i know ill be watching and cheering on the falcons though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
muxpux":il9x1j3x said:
really? the falcons arent that crappy of a team. who says the saints dont have a bad day? then again, they lose that game whos to say they dont come here hungrier? who knows. i know ill be watching and cheering on the falcons though.
Just my view. Atlanta is an elite team if they had their WR's, among others.They are are a shell of what they should be just like NOLA last year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Carmon1274":fm825ugb said:
Anything is possible even the Seahawks almost lost to TB.

Almost is not "lose". No way Atlanta wins this game. They have chucked it in this season.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
muxpux":2w8dc8av said:
really? the falcons arent that crappy of a team.

This year, yes, they are.

Due to injury and some bad personnel decisions, they're a shell of what they were last year.

The only way I see them winning against the Saints is if Brees has an off day (which happens from time to time) and throws a bunch of picks, combined with Gonzalez and Rodgers having game-of-the-year type performances. But it is a divisional matchup, and those are always a bit trickier than a standard game.

drdiags

Reaction score
Atlanta's defense is going to have a tough time stopping NO. Graham has cooled off but NO can still score. Plus the Saints defense is much better this year and should be able to contain Atlanta's limited offense with Jones missing and White not yet 100%. Gonzalez is being slowed down and Jackson unfortunately is trying to rebound from yet another injury.

The game is in Atlanta, it is a division rival but I just don't see a Falcon's win. Maybe Ryan gets out of his funk and Jackson shows a glimpse of his old self? Small chance of a upset but I think ATL's defense cannot get the job done.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Saints are going to destroy the Falcons. There isn't a scenario, including the loss of Breesus that the Falcons can win. It is over before it starts.

Polaris

Reaction score
I don't see any way Atlanta beats New Orleans right now short of "....and a Miracle Happens".

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think there's a better chance of the Kool-Aid man (or Andy Reid) busting through my door than there is of the Falcons winning.

Axx

Reaction score
Atlanta has been getting blow out by everyone by 3tds
no way they win

OrFan

Reaction score
Not a chance in hell of the Falcons even looking like a real threat, let alone having a chance to win.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's likely but it's certainly possible. First, it's a divisional game and teams tend to play a little bit harder for those. Second, the Saints play much better at home than they do on the road. Third, the Falcons have nothing left to play for but pride, and the chance to steal a win from their division leaders will probably be significant motivation.

I still expect the Saints to win, but wouldn't be totally shocked if Atlanta finds a way to pull off the upset.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
It's possible, but I don't see it happening. The Failcons lost at home to the Seahawks, Patriots and the Jets. They scraped by the Rams & the Bucs and have lost every game on the road.

I know this game is at home, but their last four losses have been blowouts. There is no way their defense stops Brees on a consistent basis, and an even smaller chance that their offense keeps up with the Saints.

Any given Sunday, yada yada yada. Not going to happen.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Maybe they can hold Drew Brees to 60 fantasy points, by allowing Thomas/Sproles/Ingram to rush for 250 combined yards.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Atlanta's defense is atrocious. Probably the worst in the league.

Matt Ryan (who's also playing very badly) probably needs a career game to give the Falcons any chance.