Niners miss playoffs?

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Could the Niners miss the playoffs? ANd how great would it be.
If we played the Cards in last game it would be funny if we rested players and gave them the game so they could take last POff spot and leave Niners out in the cold.

Watching how pissed Bill B is after NE game - just wishing it was AssHat Harbaugh after they miss they playoffs.

:49ersmall:

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Giving the Cards the game would require the Hawks losing at home, and I'm not down with that.

Polk738

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe did a small vid on this on NFL.com that's up right now, looking at their schedule I think they'll still take the 6th seed as I'm sure the Panthers are more than likely gonna take the 5th-the Cards may be 6-4 right now but their next three games look pretty bleak, Colts, Eagles, then the Rams. I could maybe see them beating the Titans but that's it so I see them at 7-9 and the Niners 10-6

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
The call in the Pats game might end up costing the 49ers a playoff spot since now one of Carolina and the Saints should hold at least one of the WC spots (both own tie breakers over 49ers).

We just need one of the Bears, Lions and Packers to get the other WC.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I feel very, very confident that the Niners get a wildcard. The only way they miss is due to some key injuries in the O-Line.

We'll beat them three times if we have to.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rjdriver":1qckuasv said:
I feel very, very confident that the Niners get a wildcard. The only way they miss is due to some key injuries in the O-Line.

Your scenario would be my personal preference. What could be better?

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1wtfdrqs said:
rjdriver":1wtfdrqs said:

I'm right with you, I WANT the Niners in the playoffs (if they make it). I couldn't get on the "hope the Niners beat the Saints" bandwagon last weekend, I'll never root for Harbaugh and/or Kaepernick. Ever. If we could be the team that crushes their SB redemption fantasy and boots them out of the playoffs personally, that would be a beautiful cherry on top of a sweet run to the Owl of Superbness.

Polaris

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2ix2mpf5 said:
I think the 49er's make the playoffs as the 6th seed behind either NOLA or Carolina.

I agree. In fact on the prediction thread, I am going out on a limb and predicting (now) that the Panthers will win the NFCS making the Saints the #5 seed. I think that other than us, the Niner's schedule is easy enough that they should take the #6 seed without too many problems (and those that would otherwise compete with the Niners will wind up winning their divisions in the North and East respectively).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":1ovfxbhp said:
KCHawkGirl":1ovfxbhp said:
I think the 49er's make the playoffs as the 6th seed behind either NOLA or Carolina.

I agree. In fact on the prediction thread, I am going out on a limb and predicting (now) that the Panthers will win the NFCS making the Saints the #5 seed. I think that other than us, the Niner's schedule is easy enough that they should take the #6 seed without too many problems (and those that would otherwise compete with the Niners will wind up winning their divisions in the North and East respectively).
Now that's ballsey. Good chance of it happening understand but I need to see that first Carolina/NOLA matchup before I get a good feel for both teams. Much like I am convinced KC will win vs. Denver in Arrowhead because I finally have a good feel on the Chiefs specifically because of that game. The NFL is weirdly unbalanced this year, full of haves and havenots like MLB baseball.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This is a funny thought, but the Niners still have a borderline-elite defense and solid ST. They can still run the ball, too. They are the sixth-best team in the conference by a significant margin and will almost surely get to ten wins, which is something that I cannot say about any other WC contender for the sixth spot in the NFC.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2nszczde said:
KCHawkGirl":2nszczde said:
Except for Carolina and NOLA and just maybe Arizona.....

I mentioned that they are sixth best behind the eventual fifth seed that is surely coming from the NFCS.

But I wouldn't take Arizona over SF, and if you had to bet on a game between these two teams with your life, neither would you.
Correct. Just throwing out the possibilities.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Again correct.:)

And it really is possible though not probable. Both Fitz and the Honey Badger are serious ballers and would fit right in on this team.....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NinjaHawk":vbforu41 said:
HawkWow":vbforu41 said:
rjdriver":vbforu41 said:

I'm right with you, I WANT the Niners in the playoffs (if they make it). I couldn't get on the "hope the Niners beat the Saints" bandwagon last weekend, I'll never root for Harbaugh and/or Kaepernick. Ever. If we could be the team that crushes their SB redemption fantasy and boots them out of the playoffs personally, that would be a beautiful cherry on top of a sweet run to the Owl of Superbness.
Why do you want them in the playoffs? They'll never make it past week 1 in the playoffs so they won't be coming up here to play anyhow.

sutz

Reaction score
rjdriver":15huq4ur said:

Confidence is that feeling you have before you understand the situation.

;)