Saturday Night Football

Do wish there was still a Saturday Night Football game?

• Yes

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Could Care Less

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else out there misses having a Saturday night game in the month of December? It isn't that big of a deal with Thursday Night Football being extended all the way to week 1 now, but I still miss watching at least 1 Saturday night game at some point in December. Anyone else feel this way?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
There is. College! Usually more entertaining then NFL games anyway.

Personally I wish the NFL would stick to Sundays and Mondays and let college have Thursdays back as well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2of8vxyn said:
There is. College! Usually more entertaining then NFL games anyway.

Personally I wish the NFL would stick to Sundays and Mondays and let college have Thursdays back as well.
Totally disagree. College should stick to Saturday ONLY. As it is it's all over the map. Also it's usually boring until conference play starts and barely interesting even then.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
College was on Thursdays long before the NFL was.

Personally i'd much rather watch scrub teams like Kansas State vs University of Pittsburgh, then watch the 49ers vs Saints. College is just way more appealing to me. But, to each their own.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I totally agree. Saturday Night Football makes way more sense for the NFL. Thursday seems like a college night to me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to reply to that, J. On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, I'm a serious fan of the NFL overall and I like to watch good match-ups between tons of other teams. :|

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, I used to be that way, but for whatever reason the NFL just doesn't interest me as much as it used to. I still obsess about the Seahawks and will watch every minute of every one of their games but I don't pay attention to the rest of the league, or watch the rest, nearly as much as I used to.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Really? That's kind of surprising. There players are the best in the world and the difference in skill level is pretty evident between the NFL and College.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Didn't there also used to be football during the day on Saturdays? I swear I can remember it... the NFL would wait until December or so, between conference season and the bowl games, and have a couple games every Saturday. Am I out of my mind?

HawksSoc

Reaction score
J, what is it about college ball that you like so much? I'd be similar to you Roland but maybe to an even greater extent, I love football and would watch any game that's on just for love of the game (I stayed up till 4.30am to watch Browns v Ravens on TNF last year...). The NFL is head and shoulders above the soccer tripe we get on tv here all the time, roll on Sundays! :D

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawksSoc":1qvzwmsb said:
J, what is it about college ball that you like so much? I'd be similar to you Roland but maybe to an even greater extent, I love football and would watch any game that's on just for love of the game (I stayed up till 4.30am to watch Browns v Ravens on TNF last year...). The NFL is head and shoulders above the soccer tripe we get on tv here all the time, roll on Sundays! :D

I think college coaches are far more creative then nfl Coaches. i love the diversity of styles. I'm a fan of the spread, fast pace offenses you see in college. I think it's more visually appealing and exciting style of football then most nfl teams play. I love the rivalries and the traditions, the fight songs and the cheerleaders. I love that at least for the power houses every single game is a must win, if you want to get to that title game. I love musberger, herbstreet and Gus Johnson, they're way better then anybody the nfl can offer up.
I love the turnover of the rosters every 2 or 3 years, it always keeps things exciting, new and hopeful.

Even though the nfl is light years ahead in ability most nfl teams bore the crap out of me these days. They're all basically carbon copies of each other.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
If theres an option that you "could care less" shoudn't there be an option that you "couldn't care less"?