should hawks Trade for J. Martin OT ?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
don't know what anyone else thinks about this but seeing as the dolphins are probably gonna want to move J. Martin for probably pretty cheap(4th or 5th rd) giving the circumstances he's caused for their team what if the hawks took a flyer on him.
he's a second round pick that plays at a position of need a RT that can play Lt in a pinch. he's also got a friend and supporter in Doug Baldwin on the team to go with a positive enviorment so i think why not. I don't know if anyone has already brought this up already i hav'nt been on in a while.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I think it would be freaking sweet if we traded for Martin AND Incognito!!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You need to go watch a few games with him, then post what you think about his trade worth.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I hear he's going to star in a made for tv movie about the NFL along side John Moffitt. No just kidding, yeah snatch him up.

Oakhawk

Reaction score
We're past the trade deadline, but he could still be released. Even with the hospital stay and the baggage, I doubt he clears waivers. I got my money on him pulling a Moffit, considering he'd be under even more pressure and scrutiny with the next team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Oakhawk":3bwss0ez said:
We're past the trade deadline, but he could still be released. Even with the hospital stay and the baggage, I doubt he clears waivers. I got my money on him pulling a Moffit, considering he'd be under even more pressure and scrutiny with the next team.

Red :13:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
No one wants a poison pill in the Locker Room! Dudes finished one way or another.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We should sign him, he's everything that Richie Incognito isn't, and that's what we need on our team. Players like Jonathan Martin never quit when things go wrong, with him we could come back from a 22 point deficit.

Seeker

Reaction score
We'd get every flag.

Bullying, number [enter number here] of the defense. 15 yard penalty, 1st down.

Sturm

Reaction score
No way. It would completely screw up the team chemistry.

There isn't a player in the NFL that will trust that guy now. He broke the player code and now he's going to pay the piper for doing so.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Charlie Caserly said that it at least appears that Martin's attorney's might be positioning for a law suit. He said if that occurs no team will touch him with a ten foot pole.
If that doesn't occur AND if we could pick him real cheap after he is released then I wouldn't mind having him as a back up.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2jjlb6un said:
We should sign him, he's everything that Richie Incognito isn't, and that's what we need on our team. Players like Jonathan Martin never quit when things go wrong, with him we could come back from a 22 point deficit.

None of our players are POS's like Incognito and yet they do just fine climbing out of a huge hole.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
The only thing I'd be concerned about is his mental toughness. Haven't seen him play either, but that doesn't really matter though

USChawk

Reaction score
We wouldn't get him to play LT. He was a pretty good RT if I remember correctly.

Also on this team that preaches positivity it would be the perfect landing spot for him as a person.

I don't think the team would do it and can't for this year anyways.

drdiags

Reaction score
A couple of things that fans like to talk about is trading for a player after the trade deadline is pass and cutting a guy in the off-season when his contract has expired.

Martin probably will be released during the off-season, but if he is still on the Dolphins roster next year then you can talk about trading for him. Sounds like he needs work so why waste a draft pick? If he is let go and not claimed on waivers by anyone, then maybe you sign him to a futures contract after the season is over. Just because he played with Baldwin and they are buds doesn't make him a perfect pick-up by the Seahawks.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
USChawk":1m8ruq3x said:
We wouldn't get him to play LT. He was a pretty good RT if I remember correctly.

Also on this team that preaches positivity it would be the perfect landing spot for him as a person.

I don't think the team would do it and can't for this year anyways.

I thought it was the other way around. I recall him saying he's still trying to get his balance down better cause he's used to being on the left. And I thought he covered Luck's blindside

Seeker

Reaction score
Sturm":2qgis30h said:
No way. It would completely screw up the team chemistry.

There isn't a player in the NFL that will trust that guy now. He broke the player code and now he's going to pay the piper for doing so.

seahawks have the most love of any locker room in the NFL. we don't got that crap in our camp. if anyone could absorb martin it would be us. we do need lineman....

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
... much rather have incognito- tougher, better football player. i'm sure the team captains would have to have a personal meeting with him before he would join the team though.