Would you take Richie Incognito on the Seahawks?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Discussion came up on Softy's show this evening.

I don't remember who proposed the question, but Softy shot it down with an absolute no.

I personally don't think it would be worth it no matter how much of an improvement at guard he would provide. Absolutely not. A guy like that not only has the ability to destroy the locker room and divide the team, but he literally made a guy leave his last team.

Is the added protection of RW worth the risk of adding a guy like that to the locker room? I think Mora might have considered it, as Incognito is the definition of a dirtbag, but I doubt Pete would even entertain the thought unless he feels the team has the leadership in place to keep him in check. If anybody could, it would be Russ, but not worth it IMO.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Yes!

After reading comments by NFL players on this, and seeing how fast the whole Riley Cooper thing seemed to blow over...especially by his teammates...

I don't think NFL players care as much as we do about this stuff. They want to win. Some heart-to-hearts with educated African American teammates like Sherman and Wilson and Mike Rob + a Pete Carroll reclamation project = a chance for this to be good for all involved.

jkitsune

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":1mtenk57 said:
Yes!

After reading comments by NFL players on this, and seeing how fast the whole Riley Cooper thing seemed to blow over...especially by his teammates...

I don't think NFL players care as much as we do about this stuff. They want to win. Some heart-to-hearts with educated African American teammates like Sherman and Wilson and Mike Rob + a Pete Carroll reclamation project = a chance for this to be good for all involved.

Brilliant. If only the Dolphins had some African American team-mates for him to have these talks with.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I am tempted to say Hell yes! Only because I want to see Wilson protected pronto.

But this guy is just too unlikeable for me. I'd pass.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If I'm a QB I'd rather have five guys like him blocking for me than five guys like Martin but that's doesn't really answer your question. There are still too many unanswered questions at this point too much doesn't make sense. All the players would have to be on board to bring him in at this point I don't think that would happen.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Put it this was, if Coach & Mr. Schneider were to decide it was the right move to make, I'd be all in. Other than that, you won't catch me lobbying for it.

The Outfield

Reaction score
No thanks, way more negatives than positives, plus he's a scumbag.

rsm650

Reaction score
michael-scott-no.gif

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3go1h8mv said:
Nothing personal, but I can't believe you even bothered to pose this question.
1. I clearly stated where I got the question from.
2. Considering how awful the OL has been, no stone should be left unturned, especially a Pro Bowler from last year. Not even taking a look into him and the situation should, IMO, be considered a failure by PC/JS.

253hawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1ja1gadr said:
I am tempted to say Hell yes! Only because I want to see Wilson protected pronto.

I take it you missed the very first series in the Bengals game where he let Geno Atkins walk right by and smash Tannehill. He didn't even block anyone on the play.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
jkitsune":34fuwslu said:
CortezKennedyfan":34fuwslu said:
Yes!

Brilliant. If only the Dolphins had some African American team-mates for him to have these talks with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And seriously.

The difference between Incognito and Cooper is Cooper isn't a known repeat offender and his inappropriateness wasn't directed at his teammates. Incognito has been a cancer every single place he has ever played.

plyka

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":1dwwwxcx said:
Discussion came up on Softy's show this evening.

I don't remember who proposed the question, but Softy shot it down with an absolute no.

I personally don't think it would be worth it no matter how much of an improvement at guard he would provide. Absolutely not. A guy like that not only has the ability to destroy the locker room and divide the team, but he literally made a guy leave his last team.

Is the added protection of RW worth the risk of adding a guy like that to the locker room? I think Mora might have considered it, as Incognito is the definition of a dirtbag, but I doubt Pete would even entertain the thought unless he feels the team has the leadership in place to keep him in check. If anybody could, it would be Russ, but not worth it IMO.

It will never happen, and I wouldn't want it to happen due to the media frenzy. They have turned this guy into the devil himself. He seems like a douche, but some of the sh*t i've heard about him by usually WHITE media people is ridiculous. A guy like Skip Bayless, a white guy in such a hurry to show he's down, that he takes this to the most absurd level just to show he is not racist himself. I think he has a little bit of racism inside himself, so he is taking it to the EXTREME other side in order to prove he is not racist. Skip Bayless said this was "scary type of racism" talking about Incognito, that it was "KKK type racism."

The guy used the N word once and he is comparing him to the freaking KKK. Do you know what KKK type racism is? It's lynching people who have had the right to bear arms taken away from them and thus can no longer protect themselves from a mob of KKK crazed mo fos coming at them ARMED and DANGEROUS. It is a few white guys taking a poor kid by the name of Emmett Till because he LOOKED AT a 20 year old white women, gouging out his eyes, shooting him in his head then throwing away his body in a lake and weighing it down with a cotton gin fan (a slave reference), then getting away with the murder scott free due to it being 1950's Mississippi when government officials had the same type of KKK mentality. It's an absolute disgrace comparing Incognito with this type of animal behavior. This is the type of media frenzy around Incognito, no way a team like the Hawks would mess with it.

plyka

Reaction score
253hawk":1mll09im said:
bestfightstory":1mll09im said:

I take it you missed the very first series in the Bengals game where he let Geno Atkins walk right by and smash Tannehill. He didn't even block anyone on the play.

I heard Tannehill didn't buy him a jet ski and he decided to teach him a lesson.

Spounge84

Reaction score
With the exception of Buffalo (where was just not re-signed), he's been kicked off of every team that he's been on since college. No thank you!

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'd consider suspending my fandom over it.

Would have been the same had they pursued Vick.

I have a line.