Media Bias: Colts vs Seattle

Cartire

Reaction score
Watching sportscenter

Colts rally back from a 21-3 deficit. Andrew Luck is amazing.

Seahawks rally back from 21-0 deficit. Hawks barely escape, got lucky.

Getting really tiring.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Good.

Take all the attention away from us. Nothing to see here. Luck is the greatest.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't care about the media bias, but How about officiating bias?

Colts get 3 drive sustaining penalties and a ridiculous overturn on a Texas completion.

Seahawks get interceptions taken away and phantom pass interference penalties.

davidonmi

Reaction score
The colts are the darlings of the nfl, can't stand them

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That was the least impressive big comeback I've ever witnessed (Colts).

drdiags

Reaction score
Not that hard to see why the headlines went that way. Luck was #1 pick and ESPN has gone all in with him as the next greatest. Wilson is a great story but if you have to run for cover on who you are hyping, you want to tie your bandwagon to the perceived best of the litter.

Seahawks were the near unanimous chic pre-season pick to go to the Superbowl and win, though that started to change as the Broncos started off the season.

Seahawks are seen as invincible at home in the past few years playing a winless Tampa Bay team that many think the HC is a jerk and about to be fired. +16.5 pt favorites.

No one wants to read about a team that under-performed at home vs an upcoming media darling that won on the road against a team that was playing lights out early in the game.

With greater media exposure comes opportunity to take shots if you don't live up to the hype, whether you helped promote it or not. I would advise to just let it roll off one's back.

It could be worse, they could just totally ignore the team like they used to, even in Mike Holmgren's better seasons here.

nategreat

Reaction score
Well a lot of it has to do with the fact that the Bucs are winless, while Houston, though having a better record, is recognized as a far superior team.

Polaris

Reaction score
nategreat":c8y0xvgq said:
Well a lot of it has to do with the fact that the Bucs are winless, while Houston, though having a better record, is recognized as a far superior team.

Honestly, Tampa Bay right now might actually be a better team than the Texans. Remember that the Texans aren't the same team that Seattle faced in week 4. Not even close.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":3r3ogjqx said:
nategreat":3r3ogjqx said:

Honestly, Tampa Bay right now might actually be a better team than the Texans. Remember that the Texans aren't the same team that Seattle faced in week 4. Not even close.

Name recognition is what drives it. It doesn't really matter if they actually are. Colts pulling a comeback victory @ Texans sounds infinitely better than Seahawks pulling a comeback victory against the Bucs at home.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Sounds about right.

In terms of watching Indy play, they're the Spurs of the NFL. Boring as hell!

I'd rather watch Sloth MMA.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
C-Dub":3n1gcv6u said:
Good.

Take all the attention away from us. Nothing to see here. Luck is the greatest.
:pukeface: You have got to be kidding. I too am so sick of Andrew Luck this Andrew Luck that.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2a7pmngu said:
I don't care about the media bias, but How about officiating bias?

Colts get 3 drive sustaining penalties and a ridiculous overturn on a Texas completion.

Seahawks get interceptions taken away and phantom pass interference penalties.

How about the fumbled kickoff they overturned when there appeared to be no conclusive evidence that anyone was out of bounds while touching the ball? Funny how people see what they want to see.

Also, I seem to remember many people here all excited coming in to Indy after you had just had an improbable comeback against that same Texans squad. I guess it's only worth being excited about if you guys do it. :roll:

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Polaris":vhzvut9f said:
nategreat":vhzvut9f said:

Yea they might actually be better now that they don't have the pick-six machine at QB any longer.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
nategreat":2alw0b2w said:

That's definitely part of it.

I think another part of it is that Colts/Texans was the Sunday night game, and was a nationally broadcast game meaning it's going to get more coverage and be discussed more no matter what.

The other part is that they're talking about the QBs, and the Colts won BECAUSE of Luck's 270 yard 3TD performance, whereas Wilson's two interceptions are two major reasons the game was even close in the first place.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1892pvwp said:
nategreat":1892pvwp said:

I think another part of it is that Colts/Texans was the Sunday night game, and was a nationally broadcast game meaning it's going to get more coverage and be discussed more no matter what.

The other part is that they're talking about the QBs, and the Colts won BECAUSE of Luck's 270 yard 3TD performance, whereas Wilson's two interceptions are two major reasons the game was even close in the first place.

Yeah the Colt's deficit in the first half had nothing to with the absolutely atrocious completion percentage of luck in the first half? (he had what? 55 yards passing) Convenient spin there. Luck was trash in this game until the end.

Polaris

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1wbh0nit said:
Popeyejones":1wbh0nit said:
nategreat":1wbh0nit said:

Yeah the Colt's deficit in the first half had nothing to with the absolutely atrocious completion percentage of luck in the first half? (he had what? 55 yards passing) Convenient spin there. Luck was trash in this game until the end.

Let's also conveniently forget that the Texans lost their head coach at half-time, and it sapped the energy and hard-hitting energy of the Texans in the second half. Without Kubiak, the Texans were deflated.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
The Colts lost their coach to cancer for most of the season last year and played inspired because of it. You often see teams rally around an injured player or fallen coach.

Just a thought but maybe the Colts had a little something to do with the comeback. I know it was probably 99% officials and Texans but maybe just 1% was the Colts??

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":310tk3cw said:
The Colts lost their coach to cancer for most of the season last year and played inspired because of it. You often see teams rally around an injured player or fallen coach.

Just a thought but maybe the Colts had a little something to do with the comeback. I know it was probably 99% officials and Texans but maybe just 1% was the Colts??

Losing your coach for the season and losing your coach during the MIDDLE of a game are not even close to comparable (not taking away from Arian's job last year as he was excellent). Further luck was trash in the first half but did what was necessary (a bit aided by the officials on some timely calls) the last quarter to get the win. Saying he was terrible to begin and dug the hole in the first place doesn't mean he didn't make some nice plays later.