Panthers could be the Seahawks best friends

NW_whippet

Reaction score
The strength of schedule tie for the seahawks could depend on the Panthers running thru the Saints and 49ers. Panthers could secure our home field advantage. Both their games against the Saints will be played while the Panthers are hot hopefully and we already beat them.

Osprey

Reaction score
I see what your saying, but it's hard to root for Douche Bag Cam.

sutz

Reaction score
I understand the sentiment, but if the Seahawks just keep winning, none of that tiebreaker crap will matter.

;)

OkieHawk

Reaction score
sutz":up8pus5k said:
I understand the sentiment, but if the Seahawks just keep winning, none of that tiebreaker crap will matter.

;)

This. Although, catching a break with another team, like the Saints, losing isn't something that would displease me.

OP
OP
NW_whippet

NW_whippet

Reaction score
sutz":8qlxuv88 said:

;)

tru DAT. one game at a time. :)

jkitsune

Reaction score
NW_whippet":93nq5iro said:
The strength of schedule tie for the seahawks could depend on the Panthers running thru the Saints and 49ers. Panthers could secure our home field advantage. Both their games against the Saints will be played while the Panthers are hot hopefully and we already beat them.

If the Panthers manage to beat both of the Saints and the Niners, we may well not need the SOS tiebreaker for seeding to begin with. I'm completely down for rooting for CAR. That franchise could use some positives.

JGreen79

Reaction score
The panthers record won't have any say in the SOS tiebreaker if both teams play them it's going to be a wash.

For example with the 49ers the only teams that will matter are the giants and Vikings for Sea, and The redskins and packers for SF.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
JGreen79":21torc8x said:
The panthers record won't have any say in the SOS tiebreaker if both teams play them it's going to be a wash.

For example with the 49ers the only teams that will matter are the giants and Vikings for Sea, and The redskins and packers for SF.
Yes and no. If the Niners win out then that's true. If the Niners and Hawks end up tied for any other reason, then probably, but not certainly true, other factors may come into play depending on how they ended up being tied. However, if the Panthers beat them, then it may not get to the SOS tiebreaker, because we win on common opponents. But mostly, if the Panthers beat them it may never come down to a tie period.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2bmv9xpk said:
I like Cam Newton. Lot bigger douchebags in the league anyway.
yup. Never really hated Cam that much. Plus his interview this morning where he said he watched YouTube videos of him in postgame interviews and such and understood why people would not like him was pretty cool to see.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like Cam, I think his persona is a little misconstrued in the media, he seems like a competitor and good team mate and the talent is obvious. Panthers D is really good, I think them stopping the 49er running game could be key to them winning but I've seen the 9ers counter excellent run d before and still have a huge game so IDK how that game will go.

I am rooting for them down the stretch however, every team they can add losses too helps our playoff seeding chances.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
JGreen79":35b9axym said:

Strength of Victory is higher than SOS and in this scenario we would have beat them while the Saints/Niners lost.

sutz

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3bk5kbm4 said:
sutz":3bk5kbm4 said:

;)

This. Although, catching a break with another team, like the Saints, losing isn't something that would displease me.
Absolutely agree. However, Seahawks fans have had too many years when they had to rely on other teams to back into the playoffs. I'm up for continuing to win.

;)

OkieHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1sjgpvjq said:
OkieHawk":1sjgpvjq said:
sutz":1sjgpvjq said:

;)

Absolutely agree. However, Seahawks fans have had too many years when they had to rely on other teams to back into the playoffs. I'm up for continuing to win.

;)

Agreed.

OP
OP
NW_whippet

NW_whippet

Reaction score
OK until they stop giving me heart attacks, I do need to look at other teams records. But I am so glad that Norleans lost anyway and we came back strong.

Axx

Reaction score
The panthers are a really good team right.
the Taints should be worried about them.

Remember in week 1 when everyone sharted their selfs because we lost to a "bad team"

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Eh, I thought the Panthers were legit before then. That front seven was as good as I thought that it would be.

I actually thought that we would lose, though I did not predict it in Aros' thread.

Mostly it was the casual fans of other teams making dumb, "Seattle isn't good on the road, they barely beat the Panthers" comments.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sutz":2j7lhrd3 said:

;)
I like it, so let's run with it. :thirishdrinkers:

Polaris

Reaction score
Right now, I don't have any pride. I'll take ugly wins for the 'Hawks, and I have no problems being a temporary (honorary/probationary) Panthers fan considering who they are playing: Most of the time for the rest of the season, a Panthers win is almost as good as a Seattle win for playoff positioning.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1gd11uh3 said:
Eh, I thought the Panthers were legit before then. That front seven was as good as I thought that it would be.

I actually thought that we would lose, though I did not predict it in Aros' thread.

Mostly it was the casual fans of other teams making dumb, "Seattle isn't good on the road, they barely beat the Panthers" comments.
I remember that, it angered me to wits end, we "barely" beat a team on the road at 10AM in week 1 on the east coast, who btw is now 5-3