Strength of schedule(s)

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
I found this very interesting. http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...-nfl-playoff-picture-nfc-strength-of-schedule

for those who have the afc fetish:: http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...ayoff-picture-afc-strength-schedule-standings

San Francisco 49ers

(Current record: 5-2, Predicted record: 13-3)
Although San Francisco currently has a worse record than New Orleans, their much-easier schedule moving forward should land them with a better record at the end of the year. They should have no trouble rolling right over the Jaguars, Buccaneers, or depleted Falcons and Rams right now. Even if the Saints win when we host the 49ers, the other team most likely to beat them is Seattle. And the Seahawks doing us the favor of beating San Francisco would also put our chances of hosting the NFC Championship game even further out of reach. The flip side, however, is that San Francisco could have the second-best record in the entire NFL, and still have a wildcard spot behind Seattle. So, as long as New Orleans ends with a better record than the Cowboys (or whoever wins the NFC East), we wouldn't have to worry about facing the 49ers or Seahawks again until the NFC Championship Game.

Seattle Seahawks

(Current record: 6-1, Predicted record: 14-2)
The Seattle Seahawks have had the second easiest road of the NFC playoff contenders thus far; and they have the second easiest schedule in the entire NFL moving forward. And with the injuries which have befallen three of the next four teams on their schedule (Rams, Falcons, and Vikings), none of them are likely to pose much more of a challenge than the Bucs, which is the only other team Seattle plays before their bye week. And while their opponents have been getting injured, the Seahawks are trying to decide whether they should bring back Percy Harvin for an easy win this week, or let him rest further from his August hip surgery. Seattle can expect four weeks of smooth sailing, before taking a bye week and preparing to host the New Orleans Saints on the first Monday night in December. By the numbers currently, Seattle should enjoy a bye week and home team advantage through the playoffs.

its interesting to see who out of GB and DET wins the nfc north. detriot has the easiest schedule in the nfl remaining, but green bays schedule is ranked 30th so they're right up there as well.

sutz

Reaction score
"Second easiest road thus far?" How does he figure that one?

:shock:

minormillikin

Reaction score
That's pretty interesting. I think the AFC, particularly regarding the Chiefs and Broncos, is about what everyone suspected.

I'm confused on the Niners vs. Seahawks SOS though.
San Fran: 10th hardest so far and 29th hardest to go
Seattle: 24th hardest so far and 31st hardest to go

How could San Francisco's schedule be so much harder than Seattle's overall? The only difference is that the Seahawks play the Vikings and the Niners play the Redskins. I guess the fact that SF plays Seattle twice skews it too. Edit -- I didn't consider home/away. So I suppose this is possible.

Axx

Reaction score
@colts, @texas, @Carolina would make up the 2nd easiest road schedule?

Aslo winning games makes your schedule look artificially weaker because the other team loses making their entire schedule appear to be easier.

Is this guy the worst troll of all time?????

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Only difference in our schedules is they play GB@Home and @WAS, then we play MIN@Home and @NYG. Obviously they'll get the harder games cause they went further in the playoffs last year and no doubt WAS,MIN, and NYG have been disappointing this year to make the sched look even easier.

Also like the poster above said, the more you win, the weaker your schedule looks because you gave the other team another loss obviously and then their schedule looks harder.

Erebus

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":wlv69e90 said:
Obviously they'll get the harder games cause they went further in the playoffs last year...

That has nothing to do with it. They won the division, so they play a first place strength of schedule, meaning they play other division winning teams from last year.