Man Do I Miss Summerall/Madden

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Watching "A Football Life" is bringing back fond memories of the good ol days of watching football as a kid with my dad. Brings a tear to my eye the same way "My Oh My" by Macklemore does. Great stuff

pmedic920

Reaction score
City Of Reign":25mohifj said:
Watching "A Football Life" is bringing back fond memories of the good ol days of watching football as a kid with my dad. Brings a tear to my eye the same way "My Oh My" by Macklemore does. Great stuff

The climate has changed. Them was the "good ole days" that the old folks talk about.

So I hear.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Never a big fan myself.

The pairing that I really miss are Keith Jackson and Dan Fouts doing college football games. They were the best pair of all time, imo.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The only thing I hated about the duo was that most of the time it meant the Cowboys were playing.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
Missing Madden talk about the centers butt sweat.

They were a good pair but all good things come to an end I guess.

300ZXNA

Reaction score
Keith Jackson is my all time favorite college announcer, Al Micheals my favorite NFL announcer. It makes me quite sad that Jackson is retired, and I am decidedly non-plussed that Al Michaels is getting up there in age . . .

The Radish

Reaction score
My favorite pair would proably be Frank Gifford and Howeird Cosell, they were almost the greatest.

Throw "Dandy Don" Meredith in there and you have an unbeatable trio. In those days they had real football people talking about a sport they knew something about. For you youngsters Frank Gifford was a top name running back with a huge NFL Career. And of course Don Meredith was a long time QB for some unnamed team. lol

Howeird Cosell was just about the best sports announcer ever, even if he was an attorney. He was dynamite in any sports. His clashes with Meredith and Ali were classics. Ali acted like the only person in the world he was afraid of was Cosell tho they were best of friends.

How I miss the last quarter of monday night football when Don Meredith would sing in a pretty fair voice,,,,,"Turn out the lights, the partys over".

ahhh those were the days my friends

Now the worst announcer ever is still there with a string of BS people. Chucky is ok if allowed, but that idiot always has to tell him what he said. If you can't tell I hate Al Michaels and always have. What a joke he is.

:les:

JesterHawk

Reaction score
John Madden would have made the Vikings / Giants game watchable. True bill.

Sturm

Reaction score
The Radish":1wi4wp66 said:
My favorite pair would proably be Frank Gifford and Howeird Cosell, they were almost the greatest.

Throw "Dandy Don" Meredith in there and you have an unbeatable trio. In those days they had real football people talking about a sport they knew something about. For you youngsters Frank Gifford was a top name running back with a huge NFL Career. And of course Don Meredith was a long time QB for some unnamed team. lol

Howeird Cosell was just about the best sports announcer ever, even if he was an attorney. He was dynamite in any sports. His clashes with Meredith and Ali were classics. Ali acted like the only person in the world he was afraid of was Cosell tho they were best of friends.

How I miss the last quarter of monday night football when Don Meredith would sing in a pretty fair voice,,,,,"Turn out the lights, the partys over".

Now the worst announcer ever is still there with a string of BS people. Chucky is ok if allowed, but that idiot always has to tell him what he said. If you can't tell I hate Al Michaels and always have. What a joke he is.

I can see why people don't like Madden or Colinsworth but how can you hate Al Michaels? The guy is good at what he does.

My favorite pairing was when they used a 3 man booth way back when with (and I hope this is right) Michaels, Gifford, and Cosell. That was the best lineup they ever had.

notyou

Reaction score
City Of Reign":30g9p4bq said:

People actually like Macklemore? :34853_doh: :pukeface: His "music" is some of the most god awful crap I've ever heard.

djb28

Reaction score
When I see those two together that is exactly what I think back to also. Coming in from throwing the ball with friends to My Dad watching the game on a Sunday with Madden and Summeral. And he eventually passes out on the couch snoring through the 2nd half!

HereToRead

Reaction score
Sturm":6mvmyva8 said:
The Radish":6mvmyva8 said:

I can see why people don't like Madden or Colinsworth but how can you hate Al Michaels? The guy is good at what he does.

My favorite pairing was when they used a 3 man booth way back when with (and I hope this is right) Michaels, Gifford, and Cosell. That was the best lineup they ever had.

Al Michaels never worked with Cosell, for the longest time it was Al Michaels, Frank Gifford and Dan Dierdorf.

Sturm

Reaction score
HereToRead":2ti6zupz said:
Sturm":2ti6zupz said:
The Radish":2ti6zupz said:

Al Michaels never worked with Cosell, for the longest time it was Al Michaels, Frank Gifford and Dan Dierdorf.

Ok, that was it. I think the 3-man booth was the best.

Although I like the lineups on Sunday with Michaels and Collinsworth and Monday's Gruden and Terico.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Pat Summerall was awesome. Hell he made True Value commercials awesome, that's how awesome he was.

It was Madden that used to drive me crazy. BOOM! (draw more squiggly lines). BOOM! (again)

Keith Jackson and Summerall were the best play-by-play announcers in football, all time.

The Radish

Reaction score
JonRud":3a7wrh4i said:
How can you not like Al Michaels?

I think its always been he gives me the aroma of arrogance, and I've heard that from people that have seen him personally. And in my defence I didn't like him long before he got to football.

We can't all like the same ones

:D

Kakaww

Reaction score
I loved Dick Enberg/Merlin Olsen and Summerall/Madden. Everyone else pales in comparison for me. In college, Keith Jackson was incredible.

Latest posts