Would the Seahawks trade for Tony Gonzalez?

BAJAHAWK

Reaction score
I am sorry I don't know if this post should be here, but I wanted to get your feedback on whether the Seahawks would trade for Tony Gonzalez?

Seahawks need a good solid TE target for Russell Wilson with Zack Miller Hurt as much as he has been and the inexperience of Luke Wilson. I was listening to John Clayton today on ESPN radio Seattle and they were talking about how they may trade him to a contender if he wants for a low draft choice if he wants, so he can have a chance at a Super Bowl.

I know John mentioned KC Chiefs and Tony spent most of his career there but with Denver in that division and the other AFC teams with great records it is a possibility that KC cools off and misses the playoffs.

I personally would LOVE to see that weapon in this offense with Percy Harvin coming back and if Zack Miller staying Healthy I see our offense being unstoppable and our Defense being rock solid this would be in my opinion the toughest team to beat in the League and the best chance for a Super Bowl for Tony G.

Thoughts, comments, insights?

By the way thank you welcoming me to the site guys and gals I been following for years and been a Seahawk fan since 76! GO HAWKS!!!

thebanjodude

Reaction score
No...it would cost too much and you would get him for 1-2 years tops

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
OP...Have you considered how much we paid for Percy Harvin? We've yet to see one play from him ....period.
Even though Atlanta is 1-4, they haven't given up on this season....yet. They would want too much for Tony, besides. Hummmm...I wonder if they would trade straight a crossed for a LT?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Not in a million years. Gonzalez is good but he already retired/unretired once.

OP
OP
B

BAJAHAWK

Reaction score
What about a 1 year contract for the change to win a Super Bowl? That is more motivation than a BIG contact plus John Clayton said that Atlanta would pay almost his full contract and would only play the 1 year. How would that hurt us? I see 100% win win.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Tony G is going nowhere!

His plan all along was to retire after this season no matter what and I have no reason to doubt him in any way, shape or form.

GO HAWKS!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They were talking about this on the Brock and Danny radio show on 710 ESPN Seattle. They mentioned that it would take a 3rd rounder to acquire Tony G. The Seahawks don't have a 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft as it was part of the trade to Minny for Harvin. Once Harvin comes back this receiving stuff will come to a rest. Tony is a receiving TE and right now they don't need that. They need someone who can block. Willson has done fine on the receiving side when given the chances. I was looking at the TE FA list and one name stood out - Will Heller. Heller is not a receiving threat but a solid blocker. He is on the older side but may be a good short term fix.

Will Heller's profile - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/334/

2_0_6

Reaction score
we need Atlanta to keep him and make a run in their division to put the heat on the Saints.

Erebus

Reaction score
Tony G is way more than a receiving TE. He's an all around great TE, and he would improve our offense immensely. And if the Falcons are willing to pay most of his contract, I'd offer them a 4th round pick and see if they take it. Not sure they'll get a 3rd from anyone for a one year rental.

Erebus

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":5dqg9vat said:
we need Atlanta to keep him and make a run in their division to put the heat on the Saints.

What?? He would help us beat the Falcons and the Saints, which is way more important than the Falcons beating the Saints. And he would help us beat the rest of the teams on the schedule, not just the Saints.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I would trade the entire 2014 draft if we could add the talent that would put us over the Super Bowl hump

Gonzalez would be a great start.

OP
OP
B

BAJAHAWK

Reaction score
Maybe I am just dreaming but I can see Tony 88 in the Seahawks blue and green! Well if we can't have him in the real world I could make it happen in the Madden World! Russells new toy!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Tony G already said doesn't want to go anywhere.

The tight end told Jay Glazer of FOX Sports Tuesday that he absolutely does not want to be traded.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a high-ranking Falcons source, that Atlanta has no interest in trading Gonzalez despite the Jones injury. The Falcons are not yet ready to give up on the season, Rapoport added

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... om-falcons

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tony made his bed, he'll have to lie in it. As badly as he wants and deserves one, a SB will not be obtainable for Gonzo in this lifetime. If a trade happened, fans would turn on Blank for giving up on the season and/or would say Gonzo secretly asked for the trade. It would be a PR nitemare either way. Not every player wins a SB. Money usually dulls that pain.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ahw1419 said:
They were talking about this on the Brock and Danny radio show on 710 ESPN Seattle. They mentioned that it would take a 3rd rounder to acquire Tony G. The Seahawks don't have a 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft as it was part of the trade to Minny for Harvin. Once Harvin comes back this receiving stuff will come to a rest. Tony is a receiving TE and right now they don't need that. They need someone who can block. Willson has done fine on the receiving side when given the chances. I was looking at the TE FA list and one name stood out - Will Heller. Heller is not a receiving threat but a solid blocker. He is on the older side but may be a good short term fix.

Will Heller's profile - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/334/

Heller is not a blocking upgrade over Kellen Davis.

pehawk

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Davis. He served his one-game "penalty" for penalties and we'll all shut up about him. Dude's a pro, the Hawks are fine there.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
PC may have put up with Matt Hasselbeck, Lawyer Milloy, and Antoine Winfield for a while, but Gonzalez makes even those ancients look springy.