Arizona defense is no joke.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Arizona defense is no joke.
Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:50 am
  • 2nd against the run. Grabbing interceptions like crazy.

Forget the 58-0 quit fest. They are going to be hard to beat.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Re: Arizona defense is no joke.
Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:21 am
  • Word. Hasn't some douchebag been telling people they'll be a tougher out than the Rams since the offseason? That they could win 7-9 games?

He sounds smart.

I expected that from their defense. What still scares me is the offense. Yeah, it aint great, but Carson Palmer got 4,000 yards with the worst WR Corp I've ever seen last year, dude can still chuck it. Plus, they've played a (curse) of a schedule so far.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 am
  • Anyone who pays attention knows Arizona has a great d, it's the o I'm still not sold on. If they had a Qb who wasn't the NFL version of Derrik Anderson, during his time at OS, they would be a playoff team.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:31 am
  • The short week is really going to harm Seattle, as well. If Seattle loses against AZ, which seems likely to me right now, this board is going to go into full meltdown mode. However, the Cards should also be fairly banged up after the 49ers game so that will go towards our favor. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to win that matchup. Seems like you can make a case that either option will give AZ something to play for against our team.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:32 am
  • Oh jeez, Duck boy just COULDN'T resist taking a shot at a poor, poor Beavo. We get it!

Carson will still put up large yards and INT's. I didn't want Palmer going there, at all.

And their defense wasn't that much of a gimme. They made a questionable fire and hire there.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:51 am
  • I'm honestly surprised at the Arizona D playing as well as it has. I thought the Ray Horton-to-Todd Bowles drop off would have more of an impact.

Or maybe we can just chalk it up to another year of Arizona peaking in late September/early October and expect them to look like garbage from here on out.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:I'm honestly surprised at the Arizona D playing as well as it has. I thought the Ray Horton-to-Todd Bowles drop off would have more of an impact.

Or maybe we can just chalk it up to another year of Arizona peaking in late September/early October and expect them to look like garbage from here on out.

I don't think so, mang. They've kind of played a tough schedule...even that Rams loss came when the Rams still hadn't remembered they we're the Rams yet.

IMO, they're in it for a bit. They'll grind out up to 6 more wins.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 am
  • Cardinals have no running game, nor do the Rams. That plays right into Pete's hand.

I think the loss to the Colts came at the perfect time, 3rd downs on both side of the ball need adjustments and this opened our eyes.

I see a lot of Beast Mode, games will be closer than comfort, but hopefully the run game lets us wear down their D and Rusty can take over in the fourth quarter.

Cards suck. Rams really suck.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:06 am
  • I get giddy when Strap adds insight AND gives us his tagline. I'm simple that way; Strap is to pe what Doh is Scotte and Roland is to nobody.

Everything you said is correct, but as we saw, sometimes the Hawks staff likes to make it harder than it should be.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 am
  • It's not a shot at Anderson, he would throw for 400 yds and 4 int.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:20 am
  • pehawk wrote:Word. Hasn't some douchebag been telling people they'll be a tougher out than the Rams since the offseason? That they could win 7-9 games?

He sounds smart.

Thank you. I've pimped Arizona several times during the offseason, particularly their defense.

Oh, wait a second. You were talking about yourself. I love that you stay so humble, Pe!
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 am
  • If there was ever a prime spot to travel to AZ on a Thursday night, it's right after they play the 49ers IMO... Here's hoping we get a tired/bruised Cardinals on a short week next week....
    13thMan
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 am
  • 13thMan wrote:If there was ever a prime spot to travel to AZ on a Thursday night, it's right after they play the 49ers IMO... Here's hoping we get a tired/bruised Cardinals on a short week next week....

Plus, they have to travel the week before, so that should even things up a bit more, too.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 pm
  • pehawk wrote:I get giddy when Strap adds insight AND gives us his tagline. I'm simple that way; Strap is to pe what Doh is Scotte and Roland is to nobody.

Everything you said is correct, but as we saw, sometimes the Hawks staff likes to make it harder than it should be.

We've been found out Roland! I don't know how Pe knew what you were to the Net Nobody but the game's up!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:01 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Word. Hasn't some douchebag been telling people they'll be a tougher out than the Rams since the offseason? That they could win 7-9 games?

He sounds smart.

Thank you. I've pimped Arizona several times during the offseason, particularly their defense.

Oh, wait a second. You were talking about yourself. I love that you stay so humble, Pe!

OK. that was funny.

Note to Pe: Yes, I worship at the alter of DohBoy. Yes, I know he was Ryan Leaf's fluffer, but he is nails on the photoshops and is the king of smack.

On arizona. I was wrong, wrong, wrong about hunny Badger. I should be kicked in the dick, I was so wrong. A small part of me want him to get caught with some green Mojave so I get to feel right again. Is that evil?
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 pm
  • We all worship Dohboy. And, if you don't want to be wrong listen to me Scotte, that simple.

Yes, I'm the opposite of humble. But until everyone else begins posting anonymously, no one has room to talk.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:09 pm
  • We're all wrong sometimes; it ain't no thang, Scotte.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:On arizona. I was wrong, wrong, wrong about hunny Badger. I should be kicked in the dick, I was so wrong. A small part of me want him to get caught with some green Mojave so I get to feel right again. Is that evil?

I'm not totally surprised by what Honey Badger has done, but my opinion hasn't really changed much. He's one of those undersized playmaker types that (ironically) Tim Ruskell loved drafting in the 2nd round- who always started fast but declined by year four, sometimes sooner.

I am starting to think that he just has a "talent" for being in the right place at the right time so much, both in college and the pros. Either that, or he made a deal with the devil down in the Louisiana bayou.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:41 pm
  • the @ARIZONA game will be the toughest game until @SF. I'm gonna predict the hawks to win but it's a scary game.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:04 am
  • Arizona will fade as November approaches. They do not have the depth to play at a high level late into the season.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:45 am
  • Arizona was and has been a great defense. The offense is what kills the cards.
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 am
  • pehawk wrote:Word. Hasn't some douchebag been telling people they'll be a tougher out than the Rams since the offseason? That they could win 7-9 games?

He sounds smart.

I expected that from their defense. What still scares me is the offense. Yeah, it aint great, but Carson Palmer got 4,000 yards with the worst WR Corp I've ever seen last year, dude can still chuck it. Plus, they've played a (curse) of a schedule so far.

I guess you haven't seen the 2013 niner WR corps.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:42 am
  • There are a lot of teams with good defenses. So far we've faced the Texans, Panthers, and 49ers, and this week the Titans. All good defenses. The Browns, Ravens, Bengals, and Chiefs (and us of course) all look like they have good defenses too. But we're not talking about the '85 Bears here; the bottom line is that this offense should be able to put together some solid drives against any of these teams. Although they haven't looked great so far, I'm hopeful that the offense will really start clicking in the 2nd half of the season.
    bigwrm
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 pm
  • I have to agree. They do have a great defense. They played us tough today on defense. I wouldn't underestimate them when you guys play them on Thursday. They are going to be tough to beat.

Same goes for us with the Titans. I didn't see the game but looking at the score, they seemed to have played you guys tough. I thought it was going to be a blowout considering it was in Seattle but now they make me a little nervous considering we play them next week in Tennessee at 10 am.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:15 pm
  • SF49r wrote:I have to agree. They do have a great defense. They played us tough today on defense. I wouldn't underestimate them when you guys play them on Thursday. They are going to be tough to beat.

Same goes for us with the Titans. I didn't see the game but looking at the score, they seemed to have played you guys tough. I thought it was going to be a blowout considering it was in Seattle but now they make me a little nervous considering we play them next week in Tennessee at 10 am.

49ers lose in Tennessee. Sorry, they just do.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:18 pm
  • Im not sold on the Turdinals defense. The TE was open all day, and they got gashed by the run up the middle.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:20 pm
  • pehawk wrote:

Not with Fitzy as the Tennessee QB. SF wins.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:50 pm
  • Fitz is too smart for his current position. If he was a bit less smart, he'd just go for broke on every play. He's in a VERY luxurious position right now. Very little is expected from him so anything he can contribute is bonus. Just play football, Fitz. Quit worrying about making mistakes because you will make mistakes whether you worry about them or not.

Fitz is no world beater, but he's much better than what he showed today. I hope to see better from him next week.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:24 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:The short week is really going to harm Seattle, as well. If Seattle loses against AZ, which seems likely to me right now, this board is going to go into full meltdown mode. However, the Cards should also be fairly banged up after the 49ers game so that will go towards our favor. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to win that matchup. Seems like you can make a case that either option will give AZ something to play for against our team.

We did injure Calais Campbell for you (not that that is a good thing, no matter what team you root for). He was carted off, but had some motion in his hands as he left, thankfully. It was a pretty brutal game, particularly late when we had that long drive, which should help you guys. Hopefully Tennessee wore you guys out too ;).
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:56 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:The short week is really going to harm Seattle, as well. If Seattle loses against AZ, which seems likely to me right now, this board is going to go into full meltdown mode. However, the Cards should also be fairly banged up after the 49ers game so that will go towards our favor. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to win that matchup. Seems like you can make a case that either option will give AZ something to play for against our team.

We did injure Calais Campbell for you (not that that is a good thing, no matter what team you root for). He was carted off, but had some motion in his hands as he left, thankfully. It was a pretty brutal game, particularly late when we had that long drive, which should help you guys. Hopefully Tennessee wore you guys out too ;).

Tennessee was a daisy.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:13 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:The short week is really going to harm Seattle, as well. If Seattle loses against AZ, which seems likely to me right now, this board is going to go into full meltdown mode. However, the Cards should also be fairly banged up after the 49ers game so that will go towards our favor. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to win that matchup. Seems like you can make a case that either option will give AZ something to play for against our team.

And your fans did the wave when he was carted off the field...

Total class.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:35 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:

Total class.

I agree complete disrespect. And let me correct you it was while he was on the turf they were doing the wave. It was when the Niners players were signaling them to stop they shut the hell up. Then had the balls to clap and cheer for him when they were able to see he was OK while being carted off. My hats off to the Niners players and Jed York for speaking to the media about their displeasure in seeing the wave happening
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:30 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:

Total class.

Actually the wave was prior, when they carted him off he got a standing ovation. If you are always going to try and find fault at least get your facts straight.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:

Total class.

I agree complete disrespect. And let me correct you it was while he was on the turf they were doing the wave. It was when the Niners players were signaling them to stop they shut the hell up. Then had the balls to clap and cheer for him when they were able to see he was OK while being carted off. My hats off to the Niners players and Jed York for speaking to the media about their displeasure in seeing the wave happening

I dont think they realized the seriousness of the injury at the time.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 pm
  • So which is it, lvgninhwktwn, was it prior, or did they not realize the seriousness of the injury?

Just bustin your inconsistent balls, I don't really give a shit.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    SF49r wrote:I have to agree. They do have a great defense. They played us tough today on defense. I wouldn't underestimate them when you guys play them on Thursday. They are going to be tough to beat.

We'll use KC as a proxy of what we'll do in Tennessee.
    NINEster
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:37 am
  • NINEster wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    SF49r wrote:I have to agree. They do have a great defense. They played us tough today on defense. I wouldn't underestimate them when you guys play them on Thursday. They are going to be tough to beat.

We'll use KC as a proxy of what we'll do in Tennessee.

If the Niners are determined to play physically, you won't need a proxy. Tennessee is not up that part of the task.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information