Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm
Posts: 55
hgwellz12 wrote:
funny to ME because when we commenced to stomping a mudhole in them lousy digits a few weeks back on National TV, they kept
flashing shots of Aldon on the sideline w/ his helmet off and my wife kept CTFU saying "What the heck is wrong with THAT guy?"

dude just LOOKS like a crack baby, no offense to any crack babies reading this.




crack babies are usually under developed, so he might be the opposite, LOL


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:14 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2765
ClumsyLurk wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.

LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!

Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.


db? Douchebag? It is in his control every bit as much as PED's are in Carroll's control. The difference being all of our PED issues were off season issues. Aldon was on his way to practice during the season for the last one and Brooks was in preseason. Don't know when Crabtree and Cox were accused of rape or when the other 4 DUI's were.

In fairness though Crabs, Cox and Brooks were never brought up on charges so obviously those are all bogus charges unlessss wait a minute, we don't have any reason to think that FO and/or the local DA's are doing things to prevent these charges from being pressed or investigations from being pursued do we? I mean they only had the evidence to bring charges up on Aldon for over a year so obviously they had every intention of charging him from day one, right? RIGHT?

But seriously it's not like Cox's DNA was present in his accuser or anything. Oh wait, it was? Oh ok fine but they didn't have multiple signed statements against Brooks or evidence like medical records did they? Oh they did? Oh well I guess they did.

Where was I going with this? I guess I don't know what I'm trying to say. I'm sure these are just miss understandings. They are above reproach and all.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1589
Scottemojo wrote:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.



He is being sued by someone who was shot at the party. The complaint was filed with the courts a few weeks ago, and that complaint would have contained details about the firearms. The DA probably took a look at the complaint when he heard there were gunshots at the party and then followed up with the police department and asked for details. The police aren't stupid. They would have handed over any evidence or statements from the investigating officers, which would have contained the details about the firearms.

Further, I don't believe it was a cover-up by the police. They probably just figured the guns were legal, took down the model and serial numbers, and left it at that. The prosecutor/DA is the one who determines if charges will be issued. Probably just a bureaucratic snafu that is much less serious than people are implying here. If the DA felt the police were trying to cover up something, that would also be in the news as he would be charging them as well. Nothing is better politically for a DA then going after bad cops.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:40 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
What kind of ridiculous theory is that, Hans? The cops just assumed the guns were legal? Are you serious? DAs decide whether to file charges, they don't do the research on which guns are legal. What, you think when a cop is searching a place, they call up the DA on the phone and go "Gee, i just found an Uzi with a banana clip, is this legal Mr. District Attorney?"

Dude...Wow. :34853_doh:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1589
RolandDeschain wrote:
What kind of ridiculous theory is that, Hans? The cops just assumed the guns were legal? Are you serious? DAs decide whether to file charges, they don't do the research on which guns are legal. What, you think when a cop is searching a place, they call up the DA on the phone and go "Gee, i just found an Uzi with a banana clip, is this legal Mr. District Attorney?"

Dude...Wow. :34853_doh:


You didnt get my point. Whether or not the cops knew the guns were illegal is beside the point. Cops collect evidence and turn it over to the DA who decides if charges will be brought.

In other words, the cops wouldn't have covered up anything. It would have been whatever attorney got the evidence from the police. They probably sat on it for whatever reason until Aldon messed up again and the civil suit brought attention to the case.

And no, cops don't ask the DA for clarification on the law, but it's not their job to determine if you will be charged. The police investigate potential violations of the law. It is up to the "state" (DA in this case) to review the evidence and determine if criminal charges will be pursued. Sorry I wasn't more clear.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9805
pmedic920 wrote:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.


I am not a gun lover, but otherwise I agree with every word you said verbatim. Blatant disrespect for the law should never be taken lightly. Especially when it involves tools of mass death. Maybe he just think guns are cool, but I think for most of these guys, there's more to it. There's a masculinity aspect to it. I definitely wouldn't feel safer around someone with a gun if they only owned it to feel macho. Especially if that gun could unload a 30 round clip in a couple seconds. I just don't understand the "need" for a weapon like that- outside of a place like Somalia. Especially if you are worth millions of dollars. I just don't get it. What a pinhead.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
ClumsyLurk wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.

LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!

Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.

You missed the point.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 368
pmedic920"
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.[/quote]

[quote="RolandDeschain wrote:
If smiling in real life counts, then yes. If you want that kind of firepower, get the proper permits. Why should I not be amused by this?


He did get the proper permits, and obtained them with full compliance of the law, where he bought them. My issue here is two fold:

(1) The Bay Area has the most libtarded gun laws in the country, and even after they got even more restrictive, gun violence has ESCALATED. Why? Because gun regulations as they are currently formatted DO NOTHING to people who use them illegally, because they OBTAIN them illegally. Stricter gun laws are like stricter murder laws. Not really going to do anything to stop most murders.
They need to focus on preventing criminals from getting them, not on preventing EVERYONE from getting them.

And why does that bother me, aside from Freedom/2nd Amendment concerns? Because this kid bought the guns legally, and in his ignorance, didn't see if they were legal in the Bay Area. A stupid, irresponsible move? Yes. Deserving of four years in prison? Only if you are a buffoon. It's UNJUST, pure and simple. Just like the case with Plaxico. Served around as much time for carrying a weapon that Vick served for brutally killing of dogs. His "crime" was only a crime because of his GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION. Justice SHOULD NOT depend on geographical location (except in rare circumstances where such regulations are reasonable). That is absurd, ethically speaking. It is unjust.

Yes, it is irresponsible to not update yourself on gun laws in a state when you *legally* bought them elsewhere. But are you people seriously saying it is deserving of FOUR YEARS IN PRISON? Surely you can't be serious.

California is packed with extremist leftist idiots. Hopefully this place isn't either (I'm also anti rightist idiots, just FYI).

(2) In most situations like this, charges ARE NOT FILED, because the subject in question is a key witness to illegal activity that happened at his party. There can only be one of two motivations for these charges. Either (a), the D.A. is trying to advance his career and make a name for himself, or (b) the D.A. doesn't want it to APPEAR that he's giving a celebrity special treatment. BOTH of these motivations REMOVE THE BLINDFOLD from the face of Lady Justice. Once again, unjust.


You are smirking because he is a 49er. Pretty lame, in my opinion. He needs help, but this guns incident shouldn't be this serious an issue. He wasn't going around shooting people. He bought them legally. He needs to grow up and be an adult, but morally his crime is not deserving of four years. In most cases, either the weapons are confiscated and nothing happens, or this gets plea bargained to a misdemeanor. I'm sure it will in this case, too, because thankfully people in Law are usually reasonable and use common sense, but if not, then this is a clear failure of the justice system.

If you can't take off your Seahawks mask enough to see how this is a retarded flaw in the justice system, you're either a far left nutwing, or a cruel, soulless dick.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6346
Muahahahhahahahahhahaha


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 368
Sports Hernia wrote:
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.



EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:42 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8813
Location: Granite Falls, WA
5_Golden_Rings wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.

EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")


you sure bitch alot about the place you live. Why dont you move? If it really is that important to you why dont you move away from all the extremists you hate so much? If you dont like the shithole you live in then you do what you gotta do to remove yourself from that shithole.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Spokane
He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".

_________________
Danger Zone


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4658
Location: The 5-0
pmedic920 wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.


True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.


Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.


***K THE LAW. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Sly Stone circa 1974


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:34 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
5 rings, you are a dope. Arizona's gun laws for "hunting" rifles are pretty much nonexistent. Whatever the minimum is for gun laws, that is what Arizona has. Which is why he bought them there. Regardless of your feelings on the 2nd amendment, your guy knew the law locally, so tried to get around the law. And let's not pretend Aldon is responsible enough to own a slingshot, he threw a party full of gangbangers and his new guns were on full display and apparently in the hands of the guests.

I love your complaining about how gun laws only put the most dangerous guns in the hands of criminals as you defend a player who by all accounts put his personal weapons in the hands of criminals.

The funniest part, Aldon brought a gun to a knife fight and still lost.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2045
Ok..this is nuts.

DUDE BROKE THE LAW. Doesn't matter if we think the laws suck or not, most laws suck.

Image

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6346
Funny part is he's crying about us having on Seahawks glasses...when this guy went on a whole rant because of his 49ers spectacles.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6346
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.


What criminal has more rights? What law-abiding citizen are we talking about? Cuz it sure as hell isn't Aldon.

I agree with your last sentence though. I'm a football fan. I might be laughing now, but I hope Aldon gets his life straight. He's too damn good to let it all go to waste


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
Archer wrote:
He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".

BINGO!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2765
RolandDeschain wrote:
Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.


Haha, love the five rusty rings. Describes the entire fan base.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am
Posts: 544
5_Golden_Rings wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.



EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")


I agree. He was caught with unregistered firearms. Can we please stop acting like the guy has bad decision making skills? It's not like anyone was ever injured by a firearm at Aldon's hous....., umm it's not like the guy has ever decided to put himself and others at risk by getting behind a car with a blood alcohol limit beyond the legal limit, then sped into a tree on his way to work but was unconscious flooring the peda....ummm, it's not like the guy purchased a few firearms outside of the state to go around local state rifle laws and then failed to resister the firearms he specifically purchased to avoid the law.....and these are the things we know about. How many other things are hush hush.

Yeah, how many times does this guy need to mess up before you take your Niner colored assless chaps off and realize he is a shit of a human at this time, Who I hope can turn it around. But if it wasn't for Hernandez killing people Aldon Smith would be looking like the ass end of the NFL right now.

But ya, must be Hawks homers that feel these types of events speak ill of a person(Not the fan base known for stabbing other fans). I can forgive a person for messing up here or there, but when the guy is messing up here AND there, time to call a duck a duck. Sorry to any Oregon Duck fans.


**Edit** I like the Car analogy, because Aldon Smith has almost killed people with one of them also. Great point, thanks for pointing it out.


Last edited by Brahn on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:31 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
Brahn, your response made me snicker condescendingly. Well done.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
-The Glove- wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.


What criminal has more rights? What law-abiding citizen are we talking about? Cuz it sure as hell isn't Aldon.

I agree with your last sentence though. I'm a football fan. I might be laughing now, but I hope Aldon gets his life straight. He's too damn good to let it all go to waste


I just ment the law abiding public in general. Certainly didn't mean Aldon Smith.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:52 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm
Posts: 180
Hmm...there was not a true assault weapon listed amongst those rifles. :stirthepot:

_________________
SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
GO 'HAWKS!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am
Posts: 544
Late Night Drunken Side Note:

Go look at this discussion on Niners Web zone (ya, we are obsessed with you. That is why you are reading this) The amount of work going into this is almost JFK conspiracy worthy. You get photos and analysis and much more.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... d/page242/

Dunno why anyone from there complains, we all know it is horrible for websites to receive more traffic.
Anyways back to the black label

Go Hawks

**Edit** My Fav So Far
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Why are these charges about possession and not about assault? The police considered his actions SELF DEFENSE.

Again. Pay attention.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... PWFs6zu.99


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6346
Brahn wrote:
Late Night Drunken Side Note:

Go look at this discussion on Niners Web zone (ya, we are obsessed with you. That is why you are reading this) The amount of work going into this is almost JFK conspiracy worthy. You get photos and analysis and much more.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... d/page242/

Dunno why anyone from there complains, we all know it is horrible for websites to receive more traffic.
Anyways back to the black label

Go Hawks

**Edit** My Fav So Far
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Why are these charges about possession and not about assault? The police considered his actions SELF DEFENSE.

Again. Pay attention.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... PWFs6zu.99


Aw man...Marvin was decent when he was here but I guess his true colors show amongst his brethren. That is a special kind of stupid there


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:06 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am
Posts: 930
-The Glove- wrote:
Aw man...Marvin was decent when he was here but I guess his true colors show amongst his brethren. That is a special kind of stupid there


It's not even remotely stupid, and Marvin responded the exact same way @ .net when folks here were being silly and claiming that Aldon had shot someone at a party. It's a variation on that same inaccurate claim that he is responding to in that thread (i.e. the false claim that Aldon fired a gun at people). It's simply not true. For all of Aldon's problems and massive f*ckups, in grand total the damage to others he has caused is crashing into a tree.

If people want to go down the question-begging epithet road about could-have-beens for driving drunk that's of course fine (although it's also casting a pretty wide net), but 1)insinuating that Marvin is wrong in his correction is itself factually inaccurrate, and 2) claiming that Marvin's response there is substantively different from his response here is also inaccurate.

Edit: just for clarification, there are essentially three claims.

1) Aldon has harmed someone else.
2) Aldon has tried to harm someone else.
3) Through criminal negligence Aldon has put others potentially at risk.

Number 3 is absolutely true. Numbers 1 & 2 are simply bullsh!t.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am
Posts: 180
LOL @ this thread


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:17 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2765
So:
DUI.
Bar Fight (alleged).
Involved in a car accident where driver was drunk. He was the passenger.
Party with cover charge, selling drinks without a licence at said party. Keep in mind the problems began when he decided his paying guest needed to leave.
Gun Shots (alleged into air) instigating a riot like atmosphere and leading to people being shot and stabbed at party.
Owning illegal guns and ammo.
Another DUI. This one at 7:00am and a workday with Pills and Marijuana found in car.

Have I missed anything? I'm sure I have. How many things haven't become public?

According to Marvin Charges are only being pursued because the DA doesn't want to look soft on celebrities but that ignores the DA throwing out a case against Brooks that had written statements by parties involved as well as medical records by the victim sighting not enough evidence. A alleged rape case against Crabtree that is very much starting to look like it was swept under the rug. Cox getting off on rape charges even though his DNA was found and he stated he never slept with the victim. And all this from the organization the leads the league in DUI's.

In fact there has been zero charges of any kind towards Niners players outside of DUI's that the DA cannot just dismiss through all of these events until now. It sounds to me much more like the DA is afraid of being caught purposely being to soft and not the other way around.

Trivia question: How many games suspension have been served for all the above incidents? That's right. Zero. How is that even remotely possible?

To Niner fans. You guys are idiots if you are making excuses for Aldon in anyway or even want him back on your team you are a moron. This guy is dragging down your entire team. Is a he good player? Yes but there is more to being a good player than just talent. The best thing you can do with him is move on. Let him be somebody else's problem.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am
Posts: 544
Popeyejones wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
Aw man...Marvin was decent when he was here but I guess his true colors show amongst his brethren. That is a special kind of stupid there


It's not even remotely stupid, and Marvin responded the exact same way @ .net when folks here were being silly and claiming that Aldon had shot someone at a party. It's a variation on that same inaccurate claim that he is responding to in that thread (i.e. the false claim that Aldon fired a gun at people). It's simply not true. For all of Aldon's problems and massive f*ckups, in grand total the damage to others he has caused is crashing into a tree.

If people want to go down the question-begging epithet road about could-have-beens for driving drunk that's of course fine (although it's also casting a pretty wide net), but 1)insinuating that Marvin is wrong in his correction is itself factually inaccurrate, and 2) claiming that Marvin's response there is substantively different from his response here is also inaccurate.

Edit: just for clarification, there are essentially three claims.

1) Aldon has harmed someone else.
2) Aldon has tried to harm someone else.
3) Through criminal negligence Aldon has put others potentially at risk.

Number 3 is absolutely true. Numbers 1 & 2 are simply bullsh!t.


Can you just give us all the play by play please. Seeing as you know all these because you were there? Just give the cops a heads up about all these and they can just let the guy go.

Also how does one defend themselves by firing into the air? It's kinda a kin to throwing your hands straight up in the air to defend an uppercut.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
RichNhansom wrote:
So:
DUI.
Bar Fight (alleged).
Involved in a car accident where driver was drunk. He was the passenger.
Party with cover charge, selling drinks without a licence at said party. Keep in mind the problems began when he decided his paying guest needed to leave.
Gun Shots (alleged into air) instigating a riot like atmosphere and leading to people being shot and stabbed at party.
Owning illegal guns and ammo.
Another DUI. This one at 7:00am and a workday with Pills and Marijuana found in car.

Have I missed anything? I'm sure I have. How many things haven't become public?

According to Marvin Charges are only being pursued because the DA doesn't want to look soft on celebrities but that ignores the DA throwing out a case against Brooks that had written statements by parties involved as well as medical records by the victim sighting not enough evidence. A alleged rape case against Crabtree that is very much starting to look like it was swept under the rug. Cox getting off on rape charges even though his DNA was found and he stated he never slept with the victim. And all this from the organization the leads the league in DUI's.

In fact there has been zero charges of any kind towards Niners players outside of DUI's that the DA cannot just dismiss through all of these events until now. It sounds to me much more like the DA is afraid of being caught purposely being to soft and not the other way around.

Trivia question: How many games suspension have been served for all the above incidents? That's right. Zero. How is that even remotely possible?

To Niner fans. You guys are idiots if you are making excuses for Aldon in anyway or even want him back on your team you are a moron. This guy is dragging down your entire team. Is a he good player? Yes but there is more to being a good player than just talent. The best thing you can do with him is move on. Let him be somebody else's problem.

BINGO! Ninnies trolls crack me up defending this turd.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
Weadoption wrote:
LOL @ this thread

LOL @ the ninnies trolls defending "Saint Aldon".

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4250
AvengerRam wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Did you really "Lol"? Like for real?

Now that he's in rehab, I'm pulling for him. Its a "there but for the grace of god" thing.


I didn't know they had gun rehab.

I didn't know they had Better at Life than You Rehab

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am
Posts: 930
Brahn wrote:
Can you just give us all the play by play please. Seeing as you know all these because you were there? Just give the cops a heads up about all these and they can just let the guy go.


I am simply relying on two things: 1) all of the available media reports on what has happened, and 2) all of the charges and what they are for. (In my summary I am of course assuming he is guilty of what he is reported to have done and has been charged with.)

In any case, your argument seems to be that media reports and charges are meaningless as I was not physically present. This is a silly argument, and an even worse rhetorical strategy. As nobody on this board was physically present for any of these things, therefore, we might as well just lock the thread. See? Your sarcasm was completely wasted.

Brahn wrote:
Also how does one defend themselves by firing into the air? It's kinda a kin to throwing your hands straight up in the air to defend an uppercut.


My post never mentions or even alludes to anything at all about him defending or not defending himself. I have no idea how you have imagined this from my post, but continue to knock yourself out.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:27 am
Posts: 65
Cue the "When the Whiners cut Aldon, who do we cut to sign him?" thread.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:13 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 368
Tech Worlds wrote:

you sure bitch alot about the place you live. Why dont you move? If it really is that important to you why dont you move away from all the extremists you hate so much? If you dont like the shithole you live in then you do what you gotta do to remove yourself from that shithole.

Lol I live in TN (surprise, surprise, right?).

RolandDeschain wrote:
Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.


Sorry if I support our Constitution and you don't. He should get in trouble. Even possibly a year suspension. But 4 years in prison as a possibility? Even 1 year is excessive for a "crime" that harms NO ONE and is 100% dependent on location.

Archer wrote:
He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".


I don't know. You have seen the Bay Area's gun laws, haven't you? I am definitely to the right on the gun issue, but I DO support certain regulations. However, the ones I support tend to focus on gun dealers and gun sales, not possession (which of course gets people to call me "liberal" by righties). Criminals getting guns are the problem. How do you stop that? By taking them away from law abiding citizens? No. You have a better chance of lowering it by crucifying people who sell them illegally, and by keeping TABS on people who own them (rather than just taking them away). Make people have to show competency with their weapon on a periodic basis, like with cars. Improve background checks. Possibly even require psych evaluations. These are all leftist ideas I'd support. What I don't support is throwing the baby out with the bath water, which is pretty much what "oh noes! remove all guns" laws do.

Scottemojo wrote:
5 rings, you are a dope. Arizona's gun laws for "hunting" rifles are pretty much nonexistent. Whatever the minimum is for gun laws, that is what Arizona has. Which is why he bought them there. Regardless of your feelings on the 2nd amendment, your guy knew the law locally, so tried to get around the law. And let's not pretend Aldon is responsible enough to own a slingshot, he threw a party full of gangbangers and his new guns were on full display and apparently in the hands of the guests.

I love your complaining about how gun laws only put the most dangerous guns in the hands of criminals as you defend a player who by all accounts put his personal weapons in the hands of criminals.

The funniest part, Aldon brought a gun to a knife fight and still lost.

lol.

Maybe, but Aldon Smith is pretty stupid. I believe it is quite reasonable he would think that since he bought them legally in Arizona that is was good. He is quite the idiot.


Brahn wrote:

I agree. He was caught with unregistered firearms. Can we please stop acting like the guy has bad decision making skills? It's not like anyone was ever injured by a firearm at Aldon's hous....., umm it's not like the guy has ever decided to put himself and others at risk by getting behind a car with a blood alcohol limit beyond the legal limit, then sped into a tree on his way to work but was unconscious flooring the peda....ummm, it's not like the guy purchased a few firearms outside of the state to go around local state rifle laws and then failed to resister the firearms he specifically purchased to avoid the law.....and these are the things we know about. How many other things are hush hush.

Yeah, how many times does this guy need to mess up before you take your Niner colored assless chaps off and realize he is a shit of a human at this time, Who I hope can turn it around. But if it wasn't for Hernandez killing people Aldon Smith would be looking like the ass end of the NFL right now.

But ya, must be Hawks homers that feel these types of events speak ill of a person(Not the fan base known for stabbing other fans). I can forgive a person for messing up here or there, but when the guy is messing up here AND there, time to call a duck a duck. Sorry to any Oregon Duck fans.


**Edit** I like the Car analogy, because Aldon Smith has almost killed people with one of them also. Great point, thanks for pointing it out.

No doubt. I just don't believe that a possibility of 4 years is just (or anything near that). That's pretty much all I've been saying. What is said is often irrelevant, though, as people tend to make their judgments less based on fact and more on intuition. A year suspension? Completely justified. Probation? Justified. 2, 3 months in jail? Justified given the course he has put himself on. YEARS? For THIS? No freaking way. That is libtard laws running amuck.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Posts: 4649
Popeye has a solid point which was specific to the text of Marvin's post which concerned the actual charges against Aldon. Marvin was reacting to folks embellishing what the actual reported events of the party were, and what the charges were coming out of those events.

I'm not hearing much argument that Aldon is a dope and a criminal dope in this case. But his actions are stupid enough without embellishment.

That aside, I think he should get whatever is reasonable for this, given the facts and his history just like a non-millionaire person would, although I'd say there's a low probability of that happening. He seems to be a knucklehead of the highest order and the best chance for him to turn anything around is to stare a nice stiff penalty in the face and think about what he's on the verge of losing. I'm not holding my breath.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:31 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
Image

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
RolandDeschain wrote:
Image

Iro for the win! :th2thumbs:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:05 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am
Posts: 180
Lol that's good.
And yet, what Hawk fan here wouldn't give his left nut for 1 dusty 7 year old ring......right?
dam that Hines Ward.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
Weadoption wrote:
Lol that's good.
And yet, what Hawk fan here wouldn't give his left nut for 1 dusty 7 year old ring......right?
dam that Hines Ward.

Never fails ^ (Niner, Cowboy, Stealer fan bringing up past championships when their present doesn't look so rosy)
And I'd like to punch Hines Ward in the mouth, just because its the right thing to do! :th2thumbs:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:33 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:27 am
Posts: 65
Sports Hernia wrote:
Weadoption wrote:
Lol that's good.
And yet, what Hawk fan here wouldn't give his left nut for 1 dusty 7 year old ring......right?
dam that Hines Ward.

Never fails ^ (Niner, Cowboy, Stealer fan bringing up past championships when their present doesn't look so rosy)
And I'd like to punch Hines Ward in the mouth, just because its the right thing to do! :th2thumbs:

At least you guys finally have something in your trophy case: "loudest stadium award!" Is that considered a past championship as well?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
Dick Johnson wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
Weadoption wrote:
Lol that's good.
And yet, what Hawk fan here wouldn't give his left nut for 1 dusty 7 year old ring......right?
dam that Hines Ward.

Never fails ^ (Niner, Cowboy, Stealer fan bringing up past championships when their present doesn't look so rosy)
And I'd like to punch Hines Ward in the mouth, just because its the right thing to do! :th2thumbs:

At least you guys finally have something in your trophy case: "loudest stadium award!" Is that considered a past championship as well?

Exhibit A ^
How many of those trophys did the Kraepper earn???? His and Douchebaughs trophy case looks like ours. Thanks for playing though Dickster! :th2thumbs:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:17 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am
Posts: 930
hawk45 wrote:
Popeye has a solid point which was specific to the text of Marvin's post which concerned the actual charges against Aldon. Marvin was reacting to folks embellishing what the actual reported events of the party were, and what the charges were coming out of those events.

I'm not hearing much argument that Aldon is a dope and a criminal dope in this case. But his actions are stupid enough without embellishment.

That aside, I think he should get whatever is reasonable for this, given the facts and his history just like a non-millionaire person would, although I'd say there's a low probability of that happening. He seems to be a knucklehead of the highest order and the best chance for him to turn anything around is to stare a nice stiff penalty in the face and think about what he's on the verge of losing. I'm not holding my breath.



Yep, he's a dope of the highest order for sure, and while I hope he gets his life turned around, he'll deserve all the punishment he gets, and most likely more than that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
Dick Johnson wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
Weadoption wrote:
Lol that's good.
And yet, what Hawk fan here wouldn't give his left nut for 1 dusty 7 year old ring......right?
dam that Hines Ward.

Never fails ^ (Niner, Cowboy, Stealer fan bringing up past championships when their present doesn't look so rosy)
And I'd like to punch Hines Ward in the mouth, just because its the right thing to do! :th2thumbs:

At least you guys finally have something in your trophy case: "loudest stadium award!" Is that considered a past championship as well?


Actually Arrowhead stadium broke that record today.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Dick Johnson wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
Weadoption wrote:
Lol that's good.
And yet, what Hawk fan here wouldn't give his left nut for 1 dusty 7 year old ring......right?
dam that Hines Ward.

Never fails ^ (Niner, Cowboy, Stealer fan bringing up past championships when their present doesn't look so rosy)
And I'd like to punch Hines Ward in the mouth, just because its the right thing to do! :th2thumbs:

At least you guys finally have something in your trophy case: "loudest stadium award!" Is that considered a past championship as well?


Actually Arrowhead stadium broke that record today.

Good for them, we know that CandleCrap crowd wont! :lol:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:21 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 368
RolandDeschain wrote:
Image


Ah, that's awesome.

No, he deserves some punishment, but he isn't someone who would use a gun in a crime. He's an irresponsible retard who thinks he can drink and party with no consequences. I have known many people like that, and they're all in the early 20s, and probably won't amount to much in life, working jobs they hate until they die (Aldon's physical gifts might spare him from that, but only if he gets his shit together and gets lucky here).

But people like that aren't violent criminals, and they shouldn't be treated like it. Aldon Smith would be a slacker/loser, and serve a little time now and then if not for this incident. A good person? No. A violent thug? No.

Prison should be reserved for violent criminals or people who have actually hurt somebody, not idiots who need wake up calls, and (once again), gun laws should be sharply focused around preventing gun violence.


hawk45 wrote:
Popeye has a solid point which was specific to the text of Marvin's post which concerned the actual charges against Aldon. Marvin was reacting to folks embellishing what the actual reported events of the party were, and what the charges were coming out of those events.

I'm not hearing much argument that Aldon is a dope and a criminal dope in this case. But his actions are stupid enough without embellishment.

That aside, I think he should get whatever is reasonable for this, given the facts and his history just like a non-millionaire person would, although I'd say there's a low probability of that happening. He seems to be a knucklehead of the highest order and the best chance for him to turn anything around is to stare a nice stiff penalty in the face and think about what he's on the verge of losing. I'm not holding my breath.


What I've read is that usually no chargers are filed in cases like this due to him being an important witness in the gang fight that occurred. So he's already getting "special treatment," in a negative sense (perhaps to prevent criticism of giving celebs special treatment, or maybe, and I doubt this, but maybe an attempt to actually give him the wake up call he needs [who says there aren't DA's with positive motivations?])





But what gets me is that so many of you want to see the book thrown at Aldon, but WHO DID HE HURT? No one. Meanwhile Marshawn Lynch actually hit a pedestrian with a car and drove off. Oh, AND he had DUI and weapons charges (which he plead guilty to). I mean, come on. Do you apply the same standard to him? Of course not. He lucked out, there. I imagine you are all quite glad he did, which only highlights your vast hypocrisy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
With all due respect 5-Rings what would happen to a normal citizen when firing that type of weapon within city limits. Even more so in Liberal SanFran area. Im a weapon owner that obeys the laws and dip shits like this idiot will get away with more than he should due to his money. I love my Niners but at no cost of breaking the law or morals


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lawke, Onyx, TXHawk and 16 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.