Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:03 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
Just to be clear, I fully support Aldon Smith's right to have whatever weapons he wants that are legal for him to own, even if they're ridiculously powerful or rare weapons that require special permits; assuming he GETS said permits and everything he has is legal.

Unfortunately for him, he's a moron and is likely going to pay a pretty harsh penalty for learning this particular lesson.

Also, Kats, I laughed and said "glad they caught him" when our own Leroy Hill was busted, multiple times, for DUI. Sure, it sucks when it's your own guy, but I have no patience for millionaire athletes that risk it all because they refuse to grow up while they're making mad money, and that includes my own beloved Seahawks.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
In my opinion one gun charge and you lose your right. I exactly feel just like you Roland thanks for clarifying.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:14 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:16 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
Scotte, it seems pretty clear to me that they were trying to bury the gun charges, but his DUI and the publicity from it made for too much heat. You cover stuff up to do favors for people when you can, you stop doing it when it can cost you your own job or even potentially get you thrown in jail.

Like you, I can't imagine a feasible scenario for sitting on it that long that doesn't involve covering it up.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:16 pm 
* Handsome *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 2858
Location: Tri Cities, WA
It's funny because he is a Niner. We laugh and fart in your direction.

_________________
"it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Scottemojo wrote:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.


They waited until the civil suit laid it all out. The "don't snitch" culture kept it on the down-low for awhile.

At least I think that's it.


Last edited by pehawk on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
Nah, it'd still be funny if it was some other team's star pass rusher, too. It's definitely more funny because it's a 49er, though; no doubt about that.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
Posts: 3157
Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas
Hey y'all , I'm all in on him getting whatever the law allows.

A responsible gun owner knows, or should learn the laws, BEFORE buying or possessing a gun. Period. No excuses. A responsible gun owner also knows that laws very from state to state. Again no excuses.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
Hey pehawk question what the hell is that pic in you sig?????????????? lol. Charges should have came immediate. If im correct the police were called to the house that night would they not search the weapons and take them if illegal. Then file charges


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
The culture is to never say there were guns, at all. Don't snitch, period, but by all means sue. Because suing's manlier.

Now you get why I kind of hate the gun culture?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
Kats, go to Google Images and type in "geoduck". :)

Also, Pe, the COPS sat on the evidence; they're the ones that LIKE snitching. :)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
A few thoughts -
1) If he had a sniper rifle and missed he sucks
2) We may be able to pick him up for cheap now next year :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:25 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
RolandDeschain wrote:
Kats, go to Google Images and type in "geoduck". :)

Also, Pe, the COPS sat on the evidence; they're the ones that LIKE snitching. :)


Do you blurt out the "safe" word during intimate time, then clarify "no, I was just confirming that's the safe word, sweetie...don't stop"?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
RolandDeschain wrote:
Kats, go to Google Images and type in "geoduck". :)

Also, Pe, the COPS sat on the evidence; they're the ones that LIKE snitching. :)



LOL a very large salty edible clam. Holy crap God has a sense of humor.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
pehawk wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.


They waited until the civil suit laid it all out. The "don't snitch" culture kept it on the down-low for awhile.

At least I think that's it.

Nah, the deputies found the illegal guns. The no snitch policy was about any shootings, stabbings.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
Wow, "The party included a $10 entrance fee. Gang members arrived, paid the fee and eventually a confrontation happened."

Charging an entrance fee? I imagine that is illegal and comes with all kinds of liability. "You charged money for entrance and had the responsibility to keep people safe."

I have quite a few guns but I used them all to fill my freezer and when I was guiding for big game. I also reload and do a lot of shooting but I rarely talk about it, and all my guns, save one, are tucked away where no one can see them and they are all (save one) currently disabled in some way.

But shooting is fun, blowing up a gallon jug of water with a high velocity rifle is a lot more fun than shooting off some black cats. :D And shooting sticks of petrogel is freakin' hilarious! A little hard on small structures, old telephone poles and 55 gallon drums, but fun nonetheless :P

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:32 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
Scottemojo wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.


They waited until the civil suit laid it all out. The "don't snitch" culture kept it on the down-low for awhile.

At least I think that's it.

Nah, the deputies found the illegal guns. The no snitch policy was about any shootings, stabbings.


That is not uncommon. They have to get all of their ducks in a row first, especially against a wealthy football player who can afford an expensive lawyer. Too many cases are lost on technicalities or legal maneuvering. DAs are a tough lot who are usually overloaded, and they don't get paid a whole lot. They come in to a courthouse wheeling a hand truck full of boxes of case files and leave hours later with that. Add to that the snails pace that the bureaucracies they work for, and 1 year isn't too bad. Plus, once they charge a defendant, there is the right to a fair and speedy trial so you can't do your investigating after you charge them, but before.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2742
Scottemojo wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.


They waited until the civil suit laid it all out. The "don't snitch" culture kept it on the down-low for awhile.

At least I think that's it.

Nah, the deputies found the illegal guns. The no snitch policy was about any shootings, stabbings.


From my understanding of the case, the delay related to evidence regarding whether or not Aldon Smith willingly circumvented the law by purchasing guns out of state which are illegal. In other words, was Aldon simply an idiot for having the illegal guns, or did he know they were illegal and sought to circumvent the law (Ignorance vs Deception).

Ignorance of the law isn't a defense, but it can be a mitigating factor in a more serious offense.

Let me see if i can track down the official charging documents. I can give you a better answer if i read the language.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:35 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Well, then there's no legit reason they sat on it then. Damn.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
Aldon Smith - give Plexico a call and discuss how fun prison is........

These guys are idiots - have your friends stay sober and drive you home, buy the guns and purchase the PEDs. Why would you do these things in your own name?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2742
pehawk wrote:
Well, then there's no legit reason they sat on it then. Damn.


It is a matter of priorities. Local law enforcement is spread pretty thin darn here in the Bay Area. A one year investigation is not unusual at all.

To be clear, he was found in possession of an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber.

The gun he is alleged to have fired is a .45 handgun.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:49 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I wasn't taking a shot at the police force. If it we're up to me teacher, police and firemen would get $100k a year, period.

I later read your clarifications and it makes total sense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2742
pehawk wrote:
I wasn't taking a shot at the police force. If it we're up to me teacher, police and firemen would get $100k a year, period.

I later read your clarifications and it makes total sense.


Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
Basis4day wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Well, then there's no legit reason they sat on it then. Damn.


It is a matter of priorities. Local law enforcement is spread pretty thin darn here in the Bay Area. A one year investigation is not unusual at all.

To be clear, he was found in possession of an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber.

The gun he is alleged to have fired is a .45 handgun.


A year that is nothing. Ask this woman who was in prison for 19 years unable to post the $180 (USD) bail while the indian system was churning........

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/bail- ... 6654225624


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am
Posts: 933
Seems like everyone agrees about Roland's comment being what it was. No point in continuing to take it seriously, IMO. ;)


mikeak wrote:

These guys are idiots - have your friends stay sober and drive you home


Fueling the fire: ya don't even need to call a friend. The NFLPA has a free 24 hour car service that any player can call to get a ride if they're drunk. That is the level of idiocy we're talking. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 703
Scottemojo wrote:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.


Because they noticed the niners were doing good and they are fans. So they held off on the charges. But then they lost the super bowl.They decided they would give it another year to charge him.

Then the niners got their asses handed to them by the Hawks. After that they said forget it. Seasons over. And added it to the dui charges.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:54 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4369
Location: Southern CA
I hate guns. But if someone wants one, for crying out loud get it legally. Get the proper safety training. Take all the necessary measures to safely store it.

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am
Posts: 2408
Can we somehow nominate A Smith for the NFL's version of the Darwin Award?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
Basis4day wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Well, then there's no legit reason they sat on it then. Damn.


It is a matter of priorities. Local law enforcement is spread pretty thin darn here in the Bay Area. A one year investigation is not unusual at all.

To be clear, he was found in possession of an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber.

The gun he is alleged to have fired is a .45 handgun.


.308's are fun as hell to shoot


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:41 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
seedhawk wrote:
Can we somehow nominate A Smith for the NFL's version of the Darwin Award?


Let's just give him the award; we'll give him a huge blunt and a bottle of Cristal to go along with it. :mrgreen:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:59 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4312
Location: Auburn, WA
This isnt Aaron Hernandez here, he is not charged with murder or a violent crime, but there are gun laws in place and the reason so many ask for more is because the ones we have aren't implemented to their wording. I hate to see a young man with such a great potential future ruin his life, but it looks like he did.

It is very unfortunate that with his resources that he didn't go legit. I have unregistered firearms, it is not illegal to have them and they were obtained legally. California has rules that many states don't. Smith is a California resident and failed to follow those rules.

He should be punished if he is guilty, I hope that he can recover from his mistakes and straighten out his life.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:01 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4312
Location: Auburn, WA
sc85sis wrote:
I hate guns. But if someone wants one, for crying out loud get it legally. Get the proper safety training. Take all the necessary measures to safely store it.


If he wanted those guns he should have waited to play in Seattle or AZ. He messed up in California. Big Boo-Boo.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:03 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
You're right, Loaf, he's not Aaron Hernandez; but Aaron is his role model. :D

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 629
pmedic920 wrote:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.


True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 1901
I kinda just want to get things straight. Is he in trouble for the possession of the firearms without registering it to the state of California or is he in trouble for not having a gun license and being in possession of the firearms? Or both?

Are you just not allowed to have those type of guns at all in the state of CA?

_________________
20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:29 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
bleeding heart conservatives

:229031_confused2:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
Posts: 3157
Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.


True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.


Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2051
Don't want to jump on the kid because of accusations, but if they turn up true...damn.

What a waste of a talent, stuck inside that idiots body. Seriously, it's not that hard/bad to be a responsible gun owner.

I guess street cred doesn't come with responsibility.

We'll have to wait and see what happens from here on out.

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:21 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 136
Its a damn shame, he would of had one helluva career. They are basically kicking him while he is down, I mean he is trying to turn his life around going to rehab and then he gets this over something that was more than a year ago.

We'll see what happens, I doubt he is going to see the football field ever again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:36 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1292
It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Smith went on his drunk/drug binge as a direct result of knowing these other charges were going to come out soon.

Its betters better to look like a helpless troubled soul rather than a straight up thug.

Just think about it. Smith is in rehab, he doesn't have to answer for shit. At least not yet and that would have been a huge distraction if he was still playing.

_________________
#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 1644
Pretty stupid of him to do.

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
AvengerRam wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Did you really "Lol"? Like for real?

Now that he's in rehab, I'm pulling for him. Its a "there but for the grace of god" thing.


I didn't know they had gun rehab.

It's called prison.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:55 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: King In The North
RolandDeschain wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
bleeding heart conservatives

:229031_confused2:


:Dunno:

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:58 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
Meh. These were just black rifles available at any sporting goods store in the vast majority of states. Hardly some "heavy firepower". If the cops caught him with a functioning Ma Deuce, or 25mm payload rifle, that would be another story entirely.

The gun possession charge is a felony because he is in California. I have rifles just like those in a safe in my home office, and they are 100 percent legal in every state West of the Mississippi, *except* California.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Last edited by SmokinHawk on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
fenderbender123 wrote:
Pretty stupid of him to do.

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.

And he might not have to be in super intense rehab if those herbs he had in his car last month had been in WA or CO. (Waco? Can't be a coincidence)

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
ClumsyLurk wrote:
fenderbender123 wrote:
Pretty stupid of him to do.

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.

And he might not have to be in super intense rehab if those herbs he had in his car last month had been in WA or CO. (Waco? Can't be a coincidence)


Weed is almost just as legal in Cali.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:20 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
SmokinHawk wrote:
Hardly some "heavy firepower".


When I said that, it was based on some Tweets I was reading at the time that said one of the guns was a .50 cal. Just FYI.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
RolandDeschain wrote:
SmokinHawk wrote:
Hardly some "heavy firepower".


When I said that, it was based on some Tweets I was reading at the time that said one of the guns was a .50 cal. Just FYI.

(ir?)regardless - I see a .308 AR whatchumacallit and I'm hittin the deck before I'm hittin the deck!

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:40 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
Well, yeah; but if it's a .50 caliber, there isn't even anything you can hide behind for protection. :lol:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 629
pmedic920 wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.


True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.


Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.


I understand your point. I think if you choose to live there or if you ha e to live there you should abide by the rules of that state. I was merely point out that I think CA's rules regarding those particular weapons is wrong and anyone that is law abiding should be able to own and possess them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BHF, BirdsCommaAngry, Majestic-12 [Bot], RiverDog and 11 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.