Cardinals at SF
Chargers over Colts

And, Skins roll over Boys.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Avenger, separate yourself from the 49ers fans, and speak outside just the Rams, Buttercup.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
I could see Browns over Lions especially if Megatron sits again and Bush doesn't show up like last week.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":3bkpafex said:
I'm taking Giants over Bears
Browns over Lions
Cardinals at SF
Chargers over Colts

IMO.....

1. possible
2. very, very possible (Brownies D is quite good and that means they're in every game)
3. little chance
4. .000001% of a chance
5. very, very possible

AvengerRam

Reaction score
pehawk":3kh461sb said:
Avenger, separate yourself from the 49ers fans, and speak outside just the Rams, Buttercup.

Why, pehawk, do you build me up, just to let me down...

Okay, another upset:

Giants 27 Bears 23

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hey, Avenger, if you want to be like 49er fans, and show you know nothing about football, just being a fan, more power to you. I just demand better.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
pehawk":rhcrfjab said:
Hey, Avenger, if you want to be like 49er fans, and show you know nothing about football, just being a fan, more power to you. I just demand better.

I don't think you're in any position to make demands.

Maybe you're confused.

When your Hawk fan buddies yell to you, they're saying "You da man!" not "You demand!"

Simple mistake.

I forgive you.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
See, this brought us together, sweetie. We both like the Giants.

I think the Bears are fraudulent.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
True... but we still disagree on your other four upsets, baby cakes.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I was very close on the Bills and Panthers. But, I really disagree with giving Thad the nod over Tuel in Buffalo.

And, I have to think Ponder plays the best game of his life, now that Freeman's drooling on the sidelines. If Ponder is a grinder he'll win that and may even have enough adrenaline to get the ball over 25 yards. Or, he crumbles in epic fashion.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am not buying anyone over the Niners at home right now, especially not Carson Palmer. I like the Cardinals to be a little interesting for part of the game, and I hope the Cards can get a couple of picks off of Kaep, but that Cardinals O-line is really, really bad. Yeah, I just double really-ed.

Chargers are an enigma to me.

I can buy the Giants.

Browns have the secondary to hang with the Lions. But Weeden.

Erebus

Reaction score
pehawk":9s866tms said:
I'm taking Giants over Bears
Browns over Lions
Cardinals at SF
Chargers over Colts

Giants over the Bears looks like a good pick. The Giants are way more talented than their record, but its possible the Bears are overlooking them simply because of their record. The Giants could turn it around this week.

Browns over Lions...who the hell knows? Both teams are maddeningly inconsistent. Weeden sucks, but at least he throws a not-quite-sexy-but-I-wouldn't-kick-her-out-of-bed deep ball. So he gives them a chance a couple plays a game if the defense can keep the score low.

Cards over SF...I wish, but I don't see any way it happens. For Arizona to win in SF, the 9ers would have to be so depleted, they'd have to be without stars like Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, and Michael Cr...you know what, maybe they have a chance.

Chargers over Colts...probably the most likely of all these upsets. Philip Rivers is quietly the 2nd best QB in the league so far this year. Could be a trap game for the Colts. Its also a Monday night game, where west coast teams have a significant body clock advantage.

And...no way the Foreskins roll over the Boys. Their defense is dreadful. It won't be close enough for Romo's typical choke job to lose them the game.

For my upset pick, I like Baltimore over Green Bay.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Megatron is going to be out again, so I expect the Browns to ride that high from last week. Plus they have a good enough defense to contain the Lions offense.

Ponder is still going to be out from what I know Pe, maybe he will play. Panthers are an enigma but could make Cassell try to beat them through the air. Newton could get lucky and have another NY Giants type outing but yeah, this is a reach.

I am sure I am on the sauce picking the Bills but it seems that Dalton is having problems getting AJ Green's numbers up. I forgot that EJ Manuel is out, so this pick really stinks.

Ravens is just a long shot. I thought Matthews was going to be out, but sounds like he is going to play with the bum thumb.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Until the Cowboys show me they can stop a running back, or have safeties in frame on completions over 15 yards, I'm rolling with their opponents. They haven't had a safety on that team since Djack quivered on the turf. Plus, Kiffin vs any OC running an offense devised past 1995.

Woodhead ran right at and through that Cowboys defense. Then the safeties allowed seams, all day.

Romo will get blitzed ALOT.