Wembley home teams announced

Would you travel to the UK if the Seahawks were chosen to play there?

• Yes. Anywhere for my team!

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes. If the price was right.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No. I don't agree with the International Series.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No. Financially, it doesn't make sense.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Perhaps. If everything fell into place.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

pehawk

Reaction score
Two teams with stadium issues and one that's a current eyesore. Well played, Rog.

OP
OP
C

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
Ain't it the truth. Valuable ticket income that goes overseas. They'll need a pretty good compensation package.

The British fans are a savvy bunch. They'll expect something good for their cash.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":2lfq4bp0 said:
Two teams with stadium issues and one that's a current eyesore. Well played, Rog.

Atlanta just put through the bill for the new stadium. So it looks like they're in the clear. (Mentioned on MNF last night.)

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Wait, there's gonna be THREE games in London next year? Three??!! I missed the memo, I guess. One home game lost every 20 years isn't so bad, I guess, at least when you think about it that way. Still, it's going to suck when 12 gets taken out of the equation.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ah, I missed that Sarc, thanks for clarifying.

Then, it's curious, I guess. Maybe the decision was made a few weeks ago, and released today?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They want to have less profitable home games replaced with London ones. Makes sense for everyone but Atlanta, I guess. Then again, Atlanta is sucking something fierce right now and will probably have less attendance next year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The good news is that it's very unlikely that Seattle will be forced to travel to London next year for an "away" game.

We don't play the Jags. We play the Raiders in Seattle. And the only way we play the Falcons is if they finish in the same spot in their division as we do (which is looking more and more unlikely).

uncle fester

Reaction score
As a Brit who's now been to the CLink - there's nothing like it. Wembley games are fun (been to three), but not nearly on the same level.

Also, having needed the best part of a week to get over the jet lag from SeaTac to Gatwick via Iceland, I'd rather they weren't involved as an 'away' opponent, too.

pehawk

Reaction score
I would constantly ask strangers "are you Rob of Seahawks Draft Blog lore?"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can see it now. Pehawk's all like "Hey, a guy with an English accent! Are you Rob on Seahawks.net?", while standing outside of Wembley Stadium.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is garbage.

No team no matter how bad or how dire their stadium situation/home crowd is should have to go play their 'home' game in ANOTHER FREAKING COUNTRY.

That is completely absurd.

This isn't baseball where there are 900 games a year. 16 games and every one of them counts for something however good or bad your team is.

I will be enraged if i have to miss out on going to a seahawks home game because it's in effing London.

big middle finger to the fans that support their franchises.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fo5o9o87 said:
Can anyone explain why we need three games over here?

One is enough.
All part of the master plan to start NFL Europe in like 10-15 years. (Seriously.)

Sturm

Reaction score
Hawknballs":4qont3bj said:
This is garbage.

No team no matter how bad or how dire their stadium situation/home crowd is should have to go play their 'home' game in ANOTHER FREAKING COUNTRY.

That is completely absurd.

This isn't baseball where there are 900 games a year. 16 games and every one of them counts for something however good or bad your team is.

I will be enraged if i have to miss out on going to a seahawks home game because it's in effing London.

big middle finger to the fans that support their franchises.

Cosign.

I can't believe every team in the league hasn't protested this.

minormillikin

Reaction score
In a Madden connected franchise mode I'm playing, the Rams moved to Dublin and became the Shamrocks.

I imagine EA is getting these ideas from somewhere.

OP
OP
C

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out how much compensation "home" teams get when they play overseas. Look out for an answer soon.