New Pro Nowl Uniforms

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: New Pro Nowl Uniforms
Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:43 pm
  • Why would you get rid of red vs. blue? Why???

I've developed a bitter hatred towards Nike and their crappy designs. They're always putting out something that's totally different than what came before, even if it looks like crap. Almost as if to piss off those of us who appreciate the history of the game before Nike came on the scene.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:I dont mind a design change-up but I don't get why you would deviate from AFC=Red NFC=Blue.

makes 0 sense.

The Pro Bowl is no longer AFC vs. NFC so there's no reason to keep red vs. blue.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:Pro bowl needs to be replaced with worst two teams playing for #1 draft pick.

:229031_victory: :th2thumbs: Hence, the Pro Bowl, shall come to be known as The Scrub Bowl ;D
    Sorry, I had to do it ...
    "Nada Serà Como Antes, Amanhã"
    Milton Nascimento
    FlayvaMeister
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:33 pm
  • therealsm wrote:Image The White is AFC and Gray is NFC. Thoughts?

I like the idea. Don't like the specific choices.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Looks like Oregon vs. Oregon State. I guess since those 2 programs can't produce Pro Bowlers this is Phil Knights fantasy.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:28 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:Pro bowl needs to be replaced with worst two teams playing for #1 draft pick.

That's an awesome idea. Outstanding.

When I first read this, yeah... I would agree. The more I think about it, though... seems like it would be a great idea for everyone but the two teams and fans of those teams involved. (yeah, I know... it's just an idea and it doesn't have legs. But, I'm going to go with it for a moment.)

I'm thinking the smack and insults would reach an all time low blow level. (which some might argue would be a reason for such a game.) The players wouldn't be exactly motivated, though, to win to get better players to replace them. #1 pick awarded to the loser might make it more of a circus. But, not to completely rain on the idea... There would have to be sizable $ incentive for one (double that teams salary cap for the year and not count deals made during that time against future cap numbers? Ha) Only if the NFL could make money on it. That's what it all comes down to.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 am
  • Of course TOC. It's a good idea, but that's all, an idea.

I do still love you though.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:58 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:I dont mind a design change-up but I don't get why you would deviate from AFC=Red NFC=Blue.

makes 0 sense.

The Pro Bowl is no longer AFC vs. NFC so there's no reason to keep red vs. blue.

I don't like that one bit. What do you think is going to happen when a Seahawk and 49er (or any other rival, say Raven and Steeler) have a chance to hit each other? the Pro Bowl is supposed to injury free. I think this is going to create more injuries.

Or maybe I'm paranoid.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:59 am
  • Sturm wrote:Why would you get rid of red vs. blue? Why???

I've developed a bitter hatred towards Nike and their crappy designs. They're always putting out something that's totally different than what came before, even if it looks like crap. Almost as if to piss off those of us who appreciate the history of the game before Nike came on the scene.

No one has any respect for the history of the Pro Bowl. No one.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information