NFL will switch back to yellow flags

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 am
  • Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Re: NFL will switch back to yellow flags
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 am
  • Yea! So now the flags will match the officiating. <rimshot>
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:45 am
  • Good, that was ridiculous last week.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:05 am
  • Yeah every game I watched, the commentators were confused by the flag color.

Some things you just shouldn't mess with. We're too used to yellow flags.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 pm
  • I wish they would do away with all the pink crap. Lots of other cancers just as important as breast cancer that could benefit from the awareness. Breast cancer is over killed. We get it.

How about child cancer, prostrate cancer, etc? Or better yet stop using the NFL as an advertising machine for the Kommen machine.

Don't get me wrong... Breast cancer awareness is important too. Just would like to see others in the spotlight.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I wish they would do away with all the pink crap. Lots of other cancers just as important as breast cancer that could benefit from the awareness. Breast cancer is over killed. We get it.

How about child cancer, prostrate cancer, etc? Or better yet stop using the NFL as an advertising machine for the Kommen machine.

Don't get me wrong... Breast cancer awareness is important too. Just would like to see others in the spotlight.

Breast cancer is not important to the NFL. Getting extra fans to dump money into their product is.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Yea! So now the flags will match the officiating. <rimshot>

ZING!

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:56 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I wish they would do away with all the pink crap. Lots of other cancers just as important as breast cancer that could benefit from the awareness. Breast cancer is over killed. We get it.

I do agree that they should switch it up and bring awareness to some other types of cancer that are lesser-known. Is anyone really that unaware that they need to check for breast cancer every now and then?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:58 pm
  • The whole pink this should be limited to one week IMO. I respect the heck out of the cause but do we really need a whole month every year?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:05 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:The whole pink this should be limited to one week IMO. I respect the heck out of the cause but do we really need a whole month every year?

I agree.

Plus the flags should be brown to match the shotty calls.
    HunnyBadger
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:42 pm
  • I'm so happy about this news. The pink ones were horrible.
    csjwilkinson
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:34 pm
  • Bitter wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I wish they would do away with all the pink crap. Lots of other cancers just as important as breast cancer that could benefit from the awareness. Breast cancer is over killed. We get it.

Breast cancer is not important to the NFL. Getting extra fans to dump money into their product is.

God forbid Komen actually put a substantial amount of money towards a "cure" instead of marketing themselves.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Nfl trying to win over female demographic with its pink crap
    if theu really wanted to they should make the nfl a more drama filled league like pro wrestling
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:00 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Bitter wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I wish they would do away with all the pink crap. Lots of other cancers just as important as breast cancer that could benefit from the awareness. Breast cancer is over killed. We get it.

God forbid Komen actually put a substantial amount of money towards a "cure" instead of marketing themselves.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read earlier this morning that the NFL is actually not affiliated with Komen anymore, and is instead partnered with the American Cancer Society.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:35 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:
    Bitter wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read earlier this morning that the NFL is actually not affiliated with Komen anymore, and is instead partnered with the American Cancer Society.

Regardless of who they associate with to promote breast cancer awareness, they are simply involved to draw in new money from a largely untapped market (for them.)
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:47 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Or better yet stop using the NFL as an advertising machine for the Kommen machine.

YES! A thousand times...YES!
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:48 pm
  • Bitter wrote:Regardless of who they associate with to promote breast cancer awareness, they are simply involved to draw in new money from a largely untapped market (for them.)

Oh, totally. I was just sayin'.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:31 pm
  • I have offered women to check for breast cancer for years. Usually ends with a slap / beer in my face

When the NFL does their part to send the same message then suddenly it is a great thing.......

Maybe they should go with blue flags - goes nice with pink
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:34 pm
  • So will we have brown flags for prostate cancer awareness month?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:So will we have brown flags for prostate cancer awareness month?

No, but for that month they will actually provide lube for the exams their officials provide every sunday.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:29 pm
  • Maybe they could have drawings.

Ticket number 53423 come down to the mid-field for a twofer. 1) you get to walk on the field in halftime 2) prostate exam for all to see

Or TO can come back to Dallas and get examined on the logo he spiked the ball on....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:36 pm
  • A lot of ignorant comments in this thread
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I agree. It should be changed to Cancer Awareness Month. A single cancer should not be the focus of everyone's attention when there are so many more types out there.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm
  • Axx wrote:Nfl trying to win over female demographic with its pink crap
    if theu really wanted to they should make the nfl a more drama filled league like pro wrestling

I hate pink!
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:I agree. It should be changed to Cancer Awareness Month. A single cancer should not be the focus of everyone's attention when there are so many more types out there.

I agree with this. My grandparents died of cancer. I have lost neighbors and classmates to cancer. I've had friends battle it, including one who is terminal with pancreatic cancer and one just diagnosed with liver cancer.

Cancer Awareness Month would be very useful.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information