Russell Wilson v. Andrew Luck

aawolf

Reaction score
I thought I'd make a separate thread on this considering it has been a topic of conversation throughout the week. I know you all were watching how they performed in this game, as I was. With all of the hype Luck has been given throughout the draft and throughout his career, and all the ball-licking commentary praising Luck that was going on throughout the broadcast, it is clear that Luck is more highly regarded across the country than Russell Wilson. But, by any statistical measure, including total wins, completion percentage, TDs, total TDs, and QBR, Russell Wilson is clearly the superior QB.

However, Luck got the one statistic that truly mattered yesterday, when he and the Colts beat the Wilson-led Seahawks. While Luck played great, I sense from a lot of .netters that they are buying into the hype that Luck is a superior QB. If you just focus on the fact that Luck won, he played better. However, having saw the game, it was clear to me that Wilson actually played better on the field, and if not for a few costly penalties and a drop by a wide-open Lynch, we would have won. Lets look at the stats:

RW: Passing: 15-31, 210 yds; Rushing: 13 carries, 102 yds; Total yds: 312
Luck: Passing: 16-29, 229 yds; Rushing: 4 carries, 9 yds; Total yds: 236

RUSSELL WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR MORE TOTAL YARDS THAN ANDREW LUCK!!

Total net yards from both teams:
Seahawks: 423
Colts: 317

Russell Wilson was responsible for 5 LESS YARDS THAN THE ENTIRE COLTS OFFENSE!

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Luck did great. He made 3 or 4 plays out of nothing and made good throws. However, Wilson made about ten plays from nothing and never settled down to throw because of the oline. If any other QB played for us in that game he gets sacked 6-10 times.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
lol im sorry but Wilson is not on lucks level VERY close but just not yet I hope we see you guys in the superbowl cause it will be a very good game and on neutral grounds in NY

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
This continues to be the only place where I even see people discussing this.

Hawks46

Reaction score
aawolf":22smeeiq said:
I thought I'd make a separate thread on this considering it has been a topic of conversation throughout the week. I know you all were watching how they performed in this game, as I was. With all of the hype Luck has been given throughout the draft and throughout his career, and all the ball-licking commentary praising Luck that was going on throughout the broadcast, it is clear that Luck is more highly regarded across the country than Russell Wilson. But, by any statistical measure, including total wins, completion percentage, TDs, total TDs, and QBR, Russell Wilson is clearly the superior QB.

However, Luck got the one statistic that truly mattered yesterday, when he and the Colts beat the Wilson-led Seahawks. While Luck played great, I sense from a lot of .netters that they are buying into the hype that Luck is a superior QB. If you just focus on the fact that Luck won, he played better. However, having saw the game, it was clear to me that Wilson actually played better on the field, and if not for a few costly penalties and a drop by a wide-open Lynch, we would have won. Lets look at the stats:

RW: Passing: 15-31, 210 yds; Rushing: 13 carries, 102 yds; Total yds: 312
Luck: Passing: 16-29, 229 yds; Rushing: 4 carries, 9 yds; Total yds: 236

RUSSELL WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR MORE TOTAL YARDS THAN ANDREW LUCK!!

Total net yards from both teams:
Seahawks: 423
Colts: 317

Russell Wilson was responsible for 5 LESS YARDS THAN THE ENTIRE COLTS OFFENSE!

Luck threw a perfect TD pass to Hilton in beating Browner. Wilson overthrew a wide open Golden Tate who also would've scored.

One was a completion, and one was an incompletion in the box score, but that would swing the game. If Wilson connects with Tate, and Luck overthrows Hilton, this game is ours. You can't spout raw stats and have it tell you the story of a game.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Luck had a few balls dropped on him early. He made some really good passes throughout the game. I thought he was very, vey good. I thought Wilson was off target a few times. It would be interesting to see though, how Luck would have done in a Seahawks jersey with Colts coming at him almost right away when he was trying to survey the field. I think you would have been looking at sack city and probably pics. I really want to watch Russell in a future game with decent, not even great, protection, to see how he does. Maybe in a game where we can then compare him to the opposing quarterback like Brees or somebody good.
I will give the nod to Luck for yesterdays quarterbacking mainly because of their success relative to ours on third down. Maybe that fault lies mainly beyond RW. That's a question to be considered I guess.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":2i8x8n0p said:

Have fun exiting the playoffs in the first round again.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
BTW, Luck got his yards against a far superior defense than Wilson was facing. At least that is what I read here all last week. Luck had never seen a defense like he would be facing yesterday. He also had little in the way of a running game to help him out whereas Wilson had a RB in the backfield with him that would run for 100 yards also.

Listen, Wilson is a very tough, good QB. I don't know why so many here are so hell-bent about trying to prove he's better than Luck. The only question you should be worried about is if he's good enough to win a Super Bowl with Seattle. If he is, who cares about what anyone else thinks about him? If you want to claim that Wilson is better based on a few select stats every time they face off and Luck continues to win the game (in spite of having an inferior team surrounding him like yesterday) then I guess I'd be fine with that.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":2vgishhy said:
BTW, Luck got his yards against a far superior defense than Wilson was facing. At least that is what I read here all last week. Luck had never seen a defense like he would be facing yesterday. He also had little in the way of a running game to help him out whereas Wilson had a RB in the backfield with him that would run for 100 yards also.

Listen, Wilson is a very tough, good QB. I don't know why so many here are so hell-bent about trying to prove he's better than Luck. The only question you should be worried about is if he's good enough to win a Super Bowl with Seattle. If he is, who cares about what anyone else thinks about him? If you want to claim that Wilson is better based on a few select stats every time they face off and Luck continues to win the game (in spite of having an inferior team surrounding him like yesterday) then I guess I'd be fine with that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... -opponents

Luck isn't better than Wilson. Luck is very good, Wilson is very good.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2eyzh7hv said:
LotsOfLuck":2eyzh7hv said:

We'll see. Could happen. The road in the AFC is going to be tough. Wish we were in the NFC.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I feel like people are trying to breed a hatred here between us and the colts. And Colts fans, would you be here if you had lost yesterday? I appreciate you adding to the conversation, but when you start your post with "lol" it really makes me discredit anything you have to add to the conversation. It doesn't matter if RW is on Luck's level or not. We know we have the better team, and I wouldn't trade RW for Luck at any point. I am happy for both franchises at this point, and colts fans know you got a way with one yesterday. Good luck to you the rest of the way. I don't mean that as a pun or sarcastically either.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1ofhkpsk said:
LotsOfLuck":1ofhkpsk said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... -opponents

Luck isn't better than Wilson. Luck is very good, Wilson is very good.

Agree. Both are very good.

These QB debates are nothing new to us. For years it was Manning/Brady and after all that time you learn that everyone has their own opinion and nobody is proving anyone else wrong.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
capncrunch":1luymflo said:
Luck had a few balls dropped on him early. He made some really good passes throughout the game. I thought he was very, vey good. I thought Wilson was off target a few times. It would be interesting to see though, how Luck would have done in a Seahawks jersey with Colts coming at him almost right away when he was trying to survey the field. I think you would have been looking at sack city and probably pics. I really want to watch Russell in a future game with decent, not even great, protection, to see how he does. Maybe in a game where we can then compare him to the opposing quarterback like Brees or somebody good.
I will give the nod to Luck for yesterdays quarterbacking mainly because of their success relative to ours on third down. Maybe that fault lies mainly beyond RW. That's a question to be considered I guess.

Sorry but Luck had very minimal time to get the ball out as well so lets just put it as you guys would rather have RW and we would rather have luck

OkieHawk

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":21htuogg said:
SonicHawk":21htuogg said:
LotsOfLuck":21htuogg said:

We'll see. Could happen. The road in the AFC is going to be tough. Wish we were in the NFC.

Yea, cause the AFC North and South are doing so great. Both conferences have 2 divisions that suck right now. NFC East and South are currently abysmal.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":2415o2es said:
Listen, Wilson is a very tough, good QB. I don't know why so many here are so hell-bent about trying to prove he's better than Luck. The only question you should be worried about is if he's good enough to win a Super Bowl with Seattle. If he is, who cares about what anyone else thinks about him?

Agreed 100%. Luck is a great QB. Wilson is a great QB. Who cares who is better than who. If my team's QB can get us to the promised land, that's all I care about.

TJH

Reaction score
I would take Luck at this point to be honest. Wilson isn't progressing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":1ojipjve said:
BTW, Luck got his yards against a far superior defense than Wilson was facing.

That's cool. Wilson was only playing without his starting LT, RT, C, and TE, but I guess that doesn't matter. None of his receivers are on Reggie Wayne's level either. He was also playing on the road. But yeah, just ignore all that and manipulate the narrative how you want.