Does anyone really believe we stand a chance against Denver?

Abach

Reaction score
Let's just hypothetically say that the Hawks and Broncos meet in the Superbowl this season... Does anyone really think we won't get our asses torched against Manning? This is the best football team I've seen since the 17-1 Pats... Does anyone disagree with me?

davidonmi

Reaction score
lets worry about that when we get there shall we

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
18-1 Pats, but regardless, I disagree. It'd be a hell of a game, we very well might lose, but we can beat them.

Our real problem was we let momentum stay with Indy after the botched field goal. We gave them three straight 3-and-outs and then the botched field goal happened, and holy Christ, everything just stayed with those Lucky motherless neckbeard-humping Colts and their lame wannabe 12th man fans in a state nobody gives two craps about.

I've never seen us give momentum away like that, then let it sit on the other sideline for 3/4ths of a game. Ugh.

Erebus

Reaction score
I do. Dallas showed that their defense isn't good. As of right now, I think the Broncos would beat us on a neutral field. But we could be at full strength by the time the Super Bowl comes around. We improved a lot over the last half of last year. No reason to think we can't do the same again this year when we hit our stride.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Today we were without our best WR, best TE, and we had 3 missing linemen, including our two best. Give me a break; once we get our guys back, we can beat anyone.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1vof7lai said:
We play the way we played the pass today and they will put a 50 burger up on us.

I'm assuming Quinn will learn from this. We can kiss the season goodbye if he doesn't, though.

OP
OP
Abach

Abach

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't understand why they don't assign Sherman to a specific receiver rather than the left side of the field... Seems to me that he thrives when doing so. (see Boldin)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
It would be an even game....and would probably come down to the wire...when is the last time we lost by more than 7 points?

Axx

Reaction score
denvers secondary has issues.

If we do play Den in the SB my main concern would be Brandon Browner.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
They would have Von & Champ Bailey back, but we would have(missing from the Indy game) Okung, Miller, Giacomini, Unger and Harvin.

Their offense is firing on all cylinders and our defense hasn't exactly been doing as expected for the 1st half of the HOU game and pretty much most of the IND game. We need the defense to play like how their known to play in order to have a chance, but if they do bounce back, I like our odds.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The OP sounds like a Denver fan. Perhaps a 9er fan out of drag.

This loss today does not define this team. How many teams travel after a road OT game, to the home of a playoff team, featuring the leagues best young QB, in an early start, with several KEY starters out of the game and emerge victorious with a group of bad officials over-seeing the game?

The cards were stacked against us and we still damn near pulled off the win.

I'm not exactly Mr. frikin rainbows and unicorns, and even I felt we did some very good things out there, especially with what we had. This is the NFL people. IF you thought losing 3 linemen and our TE wouldn't effect this team, you are guilty of over-rating this team. We escaped further injuries, we got an education and we are hosting a team that is going to allow us to get back on track. Both of my teams fell from the ranks of the undefeated this weekend. I see them both exactly the way I saw them last week after they went 4-0. A single loss changes nothing.

drdiags

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Just busting the OP's chops.

It would be a difficult proposition but having a couple weeks to plan, maybe they could do better than you imagine. Plus if they can control the clock, it wouldn't be a shoot-out. It's not like the Broncos are going to score a TD every time they touch the ball.

EDIT: Decided to just put the link instead of embedding the video. A couple of choice words in it.

OP
OP
Abach

Abach

Reaction score
HawkWow said:
The OP sounds like a Denver fan. Perhaps a 9er fan out of drag.

Quite the assumption bro. Long time .net reader. Just started posting today...

HawkWow

Reaction score
drdiags":g4rljwa3 said:
[youtube]dsx2vdn7gpY[/youtube]

Just busting the OP's chops.

It would be a difficult proposition but having a couple weeks to plan, maybe they could do better than you imagine. Plus if they can control the clock, it wouldn't be a shoot-out. It's not like the Broncos are going to score a TD every time they touch the ball.

Exactly.

Denver is not without flaws. Their D just gave up 48 pts. With our line back, I think we will have success running on them. If we do, how many possessions will Denver ultimately have?

With our D line getting healthy, for the 1st time in a damn long time, we are getting something resembling a push up the middle. That will force Manning to add a step to his drop.

Then we have demons like Irvin and Clem coming around the edge and Manning having to find a target not covered by a pretty damn good secondary. So, on the possessions Manning does get, how many points will those possessions generate?

For the remainder of this season, we need to really commit to the run. A healthy, rested o-line and Harvin's presence will help make that easier. Our ability to sustain drives by running the ball and burning clock is what gives us the edge over the Broncs, IMO. I like our chances and hope for that match-up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":k1bpevz0 said:
We play the way we played the pass today and they will put a 50 burger up on us.
Wow, did that tax your brain much by stating the obvious? As for the question asked? Sure, given we should have Percy and our actual OL playing, and Clemons and Irvin full go.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2hys8xp4 said:
Tech Worlds":2hys8xp4 said:

I'm assuming Quinn will learn from this. We can kiss the season goodbye if he doesn't, though.

Quinn's a DL guy. As much as everyone bagged on Gus, I think he has a better handle on pass defense, and defense as a whole. Some of Bradley's stuff was frustratingly soft, but we weren't getting burned for 70yd TDs either. That's the price of being overly agressive at times. I saw this coming and hoped I was wrong. Hopefully Pete yanks on Quinn's reins a bit.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":33g1na6g said:
Some of Bradley's stuff was frustratingly soft, but we weren't getting burned for 70yd TDs either. That's the price of being overly agressive at times.

Well, we did give up 50-yard passes when it counted most quite a bit, heh.

Latest posts