Hypothetical Question Only

12th_Bob

Reaction score
zip, he is good no doubt but how much does he improve Seattle? Not by much if at all on D.

Erebus

Reaction score
Easily a 1st round pick, and then cut Red, since Watt would take his spot, and we'd need Red's salary.

Just like the Harvin trade, there's very little chance of getting someone that good late in the 1st round.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Why would Houston trade away their best player? Just to help Seattle?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xw6pa42y said:

Everyone has a price.

I wouldn't. Price would be too steep to be beneficial. You'd need to give them something better than Thomas and Sherman to make them entertain the idea.

Remember when some folks around here honestly thought the Jets would trade us Revis for Flynn straight up because they needed a QB?

kigenzun

Reaction score
A 6 for 1 hypothetical special:

Houston's JJ Watt, in exchange for...

Seattle's TJack, Robert Turbin, Paul McQuistan, Breno Giacomini, Sidney Rice, & Red Bryant.

Think about it... they need a new Quarterback who will have the respect of his fellow players, they need to keep Adrian Foster fresh legs for the playoffs, they need offensive line help, a 3rd receiver to go with Andre Johnson & DeAndre Hopkins, and a replacement DE/DT.

We get to keep BJ Daniels as the backup QB, bring in Christine Michael more often, bring in the future OL now in Bowie & Bailey, start Jermaine Kearse (and hopefully draft Odell Beckham Jr.), and get a real 'Monstar' on our DLine to perfectly compliment Bennett + all our speedy guys. And we get major salary relief for 2014 to pay our 'core'.

Awww... shucks... you mean they said no, negatorio, no friggin' wayyy Jose?!?
Wait! It could happen... :th2thumbs:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Any Dlinemen of their choosing except for Bennett or Rice and 2 first rounders. Realistically it would probably take 3 first rounders and a bit more.

Would rather get a star oline or LB though for less if we're just throwing out suggestions.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
How can you say he wouldn't make a difference for us? He is hands down the most dominant defensive player in the league. It would take an RG3 haul minimum imo.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It would be akin to having a modern day Tez back on the team. Or a Reggie White.

Yeah, in today's draft, that's 3 1sts for sure. And probably a bargain at that.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'd give them T-Jack, Sidney Rice, Clinton McDonald, and Tony McDaniel.

Plus, 1st and 5th in 2014, 2nd and 3rd in 2015.

T-Jack would fit well in their offensive system as its almost a cookie cutter of the Seahawks O, Sidney Rice would benefit from two WRs that are much better than him (No team would want to face Johnson/Rice/Hopkins plus Daniels/Foster/Tate). McDonald/McDaniel are cheap options but effective options to ease their pain a bit on losing Watt.

Bryant wouldn't be part of the trade because of his contract, in my scenario he would take a restructure to make it work.

Seahawks D-Line would look like:

LEO: Clemons, Avril, Schoefield, Mayowa
3T: J.J. Watt,
NT: Brandon Mebane, Jordan Hill
5T: Red Bryant, Michael Bennett

Good Bye Opposing Rushing Offenses, Hello Dominant Interior Pressure

Drop Clemons and Avril, let Michael Bennett walk to restructure Watt. Re-structure Bryant to remain with the team to about Mebane's contract.

Schoefield, Mayowa are the LEOs. Bruce Irvin at SAM. Switch K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner. Gregg Scruggs would be back, hopefully along with a healthier Jesse Williams and Korey Toomer for the depth.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3r7bmgq5 said:

Hypothetical.

hy·po·thet·i·cal [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl] adjective
1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
2. of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
3. given to making hypotheses.
4. Logic.
a.(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b.(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":3ip2qufo said:
Sports Hernia":3ip2qufo said:

Hypothetical.

hy·po·thet·i·cal [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl] adjective
1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
2. of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
3. given to making hypotheses.
4. Logic.
a.(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b.(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
Um yeah, I know the definition of the word.
It would never happen. Why don't we go trade all of our crappy players and practice squad players for all pros. Fantasy football trades are not reality.