SPY WAR VS. SF

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Dude... sure its an added bonus in "collecting intel" but...

1. I think they know Tarvaris Jackson is going to move on after this season and be a quality stopgap starter for some team.

2. In preparation to point 1, the Seahawks grabbed a QB that is similar to Wilson and one that should fit well into the system.

3. Carroll said they had their eye on Daniels, I think before the SFO game, so its no surprise to see him added

4. Wilson is problem getting a little worn-out and the Seahawks problably could use the extra arm. Remember, last year he was only getting a third of the carries in TC last year (now he's getting #1 snaps) and I feel he's been taking way more big hits this year.

Edit: I'll agree the Seahawks had no problem adding Daniels (because of the Harper thing) and enjoyed the fact they could claim him while the rumor is the 49ers were trying to put him on their PS.

But I don't agree the Seahawks did this just to 1UP the 49ers and steal Intel. The Seahawks tried out a LS. Margagos followed McLoughlin. We signed M-Rob in 2010. And we traded LoJack for Balmer also in 2010. And reciever Brett Swain was a JS pick and a Packer before he was a 49er. And Braylon Edwards won the big and old competion by being the biggest and youngest of a veteran try-out group

Their is no spy war, just Harbaugh and Co. being classless in handling the Harper situation.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l47frst said:
No way, another thread that has to do with the Niners?? :sarcasm_off:

:pukeface:

Waiting for a niner fan to show up to the board... check for any niner threads or comments... register... then comment asking why we're obsessed with them. :D

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Yes, they do bring with them a particular foetor--their anuses open and self-lube whenever we talk Niners. I forgot about that. Sorry. As to your points Pandion: You have a point there about the two teams just trying to screw each other by snatching up their practice players. And this qb is so similar to Wilson it seems he would be particularly useful to them as well as being a perfect fit for our system.

chris98251

Reaction score
I also remember a interest in Daniels during draft day and after comments, getting him helps game day preperation against mobile QB's, Jackson is mobile but is able to fulfill the drop back roll better in preperation. This will also give Wilson days off to study and prepare and get well after some of the hits he has taken. The fact it's a dig at S.F. is just a bonus. Besides we needed a taller back up, Daniels is about a 1/4 inch taller then Wilson, huge difference in seeing over the line. :)

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
I think its a good pick up for Seattle. Jackson will be too expensive when the Seahawks need to start signing its core in the next couple of years, and Daniels is a Wilson clone. While its a bummer for SF to lose a quality rookie, its a compliment to the teams talent that a rival covets its players. I'm also starting to wonder if Carroll has a thing for QBS his height. Nate Davis, Wilson, and Daniels.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Agreed it's a good pickup for Seattle, given their backup QB situation. According to BJ the Hawks were also interested in him during the draft.

In turn, I think Harper was also a good pickup for the 9ers, given their WR situation at the time.

Basically, I don't think this is about stealing intel as much as it's about these two teams being built pretty similarly and having interest in similar players (other examples: the 9ers rumored interest in Bruce Irvin, the Hawks rumored interest in Vance McCdonald).

Brahn

Reaction score
For there to be a war doesn't one side need to pose a threat? The way we have thrashed the Niner's as of late, this is more of a conflict.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1t21lmv2 said:
SoulfishHawk":1t21lmv2 said:
No way, another thread that has to do with the Niners?? :sarcasm_off:

:pukeface:

Waiting for a niner fan to show up to the board... check for any niner threads or comments... register... then comment asking why we're obsessed with them. :D
Between the drubbing they took from Indy at home and the comeback we made against Houston on the road, Niners fans are curled up in little balls, sucking their thumbs and muttering how the Colts are gonna curb stomp us tomorrow.

After we beat the Colts in their house, Niners fans will be about as rare around here as Niner touchdowns at the CLink.