Eugene Monroe Trade to Balt

Would you have traded for Eugene Monroe to the Seahawks?

• Yes

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

Biggiec76

Reaction score
Did the seahawks have a shot at getting this guy? I would have loved this trade for us we could have played him at RT or LT. Would you do the trade?

pehawk

Reaction score
McKinnie's now available, apparently. In related news.

I'd do that. Plus, he'd take the players out on sex cruises and stuff.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've heard more about this meaningless ass trade here than anywhere else.

seabowl

Reaction score
Throwdown":hghfkz90 said:

Yeah and that Marshawn trade a few years back was deemed meaningless as well by most football fans. Good tackles with which he is one is not meaningless to an offense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
O-Line will improve with experience. We're 4-0 and looking good. Let the young guys develop. The next Okung isn't sitting on someone's practice squad.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawks have approx $2,784,040 in cap space.

Monroe has 1 year left on his contract and is due 3.8 million.

You would need to cut someone or do a lot of restructuring. We would lose rollover space as well with many contracts looming. Doesn't appear that feasible a move when Unger will be back soon.

So, if you think the Hawks should have made a move. What are you giving up and how are you planning on managing the cap?

Throwdown

Reaction score
seabowl":10f7ken2 said:
Throwdown":10f7ken2 said:

Yeah and that Marshawn trade a few years back was deemed meaningless as well by most football fans. Good tackles with which he is one is not meaningless to an offense.

It's meaningless to us, so why are people obsessed with it?

bigcc

Reaction score
Basis4day":2493joxt said:
O-Line will improve with experience. We're 4-0 and looking good. Let the young guys develop. The next Okung isn't sitting on someone's practice squad.

Monroe is only 26, was the 8th pick in his draft, has started most of the games since then

he's easily an improvement at LT over Mcquistan

Snohomie

Reaction score
He might've been able to help us in the short term, since we're desperate, but he hasn't played very well since entering the league. There is a reason Jacksonville took a tackle #2 overall and then traded Monroe a few games later, and it wasn't because he reminded them of Walter Jones.

Basis4day

Reaction score
bigcc":2pcjjjwu said:
Basis4day":2pcjjjwu said:

Monroe is only 26, was the 8th pick in his draft, has started most of the games since then

he's easily an improvement at LT over Mcquistan

It would be hard to manage his 3.8 million dollar cap number. And you're assuming he steps right into Cable's blocking system. McQuistan is better than he gets credit for. Not many D-Lines like Houston out there.

He might balk at a renegotiated deal when he is a free agent in only a few months.

How would you have fit him under the cap?

drdiags

Reaction score
Was Monroe running a ZBS or Power? If Power, how long does it take for a pro lineman to change his technique to play the ZBS. You have to be a willing cut blocker, with no qualms about going low. Our guys still miss when they try to get their head in front of the guy when they dive block from the backside.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
If Seattle wanted to make a move for him they would have. Who cares about a trade between two other teams that has zero impact on Seattle, haha.

What if Seattle traded for Winston Guy? or drafted ray Lewis? or put the first man on the moon?

........Sneeze.

Also, let's bring in boat orgy. That guy can play OL and throw an awesome boat orgy. DO IT JS.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think if our O-line can get healthy and stay healthy they are going to get it together. We have an all-pro center, a pro bowl left tackle, and the rest of the starters have played well enough for me to say they aren't bad by any means.

Our last game against Houston shouldn't be any indicator of how the unit is playing. 3 starters were out and a fourth wasn't playing his normal position. That leaves JR Seezy as the lone starter in his natural position, and not only is he the youngest and still a bit raw (played DL in college, not sure if he even has 10 starts in his career), he was up against JJ Watt for much of the game.

There are also positives like Breno getting better at his penalties this year. Not only is he not causing penalties, he's actually drawing them on the defense in key situations. Unger has made mistakes but you know he's gonna get it together. Carp...I don't know...

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Why are we in a hurry to trade for a starting tackle when we get both of ours back in three weeks. We play the Bucs and Falcons without them, they do not have Long and Quinn as their book ends.

Latest posts