Ouch....

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Ouch....
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:25 am
  • The Ravens just got Eugene Monroe for "multiple third day draft picks" from the Jaquars meaning 4,5,6. He's one of the better LT in the league and would be top 3 among RT's.

Doesn't seem like Gus wants to throw us any bones, or maybe this team just isn't trying to trade? Seems to be he would be a huge asset.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Re: Ouch....
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 am
  • Giving up multiple picks to rent a player for 12 games doesn't seem worthwhile to me. He's a free agent at the end of the season, and he's already making close to $3 million, so that would eat into your rollover cap, too. It would have been a short-sighted move from Seattle's perspective. I can see why JS didnt bother.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 am
  • I think it's pretty obvious JS doesn't just give away draft picks unless the player has a track record of being very very very special... Aside from Whitehurst he was special in a totally different way.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 am
  • Dude, if many people had a tissy fit because I merely (well perhaps not merely) said Turbin was an average at best RUSHER.

Then, you are clearly undervaluing Giacomini and Bowie (at least his potential).

Our problem on the O-Line is health, youth, and chemistry not that we need more competent players.

Also, it doesn't help your young, injury riddled O-line when you have arguably sparred against 3 of best , most physical front 7s in the league... arguably the best 3, once season comes to a close.

CAR based on potential.

SFO based on premise.

HOU = best period.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 am
  • TheRealDTM wrote:The Ravens just got Eugene Monroe for "multiple third day draft picks" from the Jaquars meaning 4,5,6. He's one of the better LT in the league and would be top 3 among RT's.

Doesn't seem like Gus wants to throw us any bones, or maybe this team just isn't trying to trade? Seems to be he would be a huge asset.

$$$.

That's all you need to know.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am
  • He had a big time contract I believe. We could not afford him.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 am
  • If this is the last year of his contract they made the smart play. No one will want to be a Jaguar in the near future if they have a choice.

Draft some young kids and raise them in Bradley's system. They can't go anywhere! (well, unless Archie Manning is their daddy...)

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information