Anybody else like Houston Sunday Night?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
+260 Moneyline? What the hell does that actually mean? Personally? I have no clue which way to go currently.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
+260 essentially means that if Houston were to win the game by any margin you win 2.6times more than what you risk.

So, in this case, if you were to risk $1,000 on the Texans and they won the game you would receive $2,600 (as well as your initial risk of $1,000)

Carmon1274

Reaction score
+240 in 5dimes

So if I bet 40.00 with the +240 I can win $96.00

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
yes, I think Houston wins straight up. I'll be in Vegas Saturday night. Denver is going to roll the cowboys and that craptastic secondary. That's the game I'm going to bet.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm taking Houston. Kap's proved to be crappy when the defense can cover. Houston can cover, Indy covered well and we covered well. Plus, out of all those teams, he's got the least chance of outrunning the Texans.

That said, they won't create anywhere near the amount of pressure Russ faced. We'll see, should be a fun game! Go Texans!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The best thing about last Sunday's result is that the Texans will be an absolute wounded animal against SF. They will be giving it all after suffering a defeat that must have really hurt.

The 'hawks have effectively primed the opposition for their next game against our divisional rival. That really was an unexpected bonus coming out of Sunday.

mikeak

Reaction score
Don't forget that 49ers are coming off a Thursday night game. So they had an additional 3 days to prepare.

I always like picking someone that lose a game like Houston did (see SD earlier in the season) but I don't like picking against a team that is coming of a semi-bye week

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SF's defense has been nothing special so far this season. Schaub may have a panic button, but SF isn't going to make him push it that often. When he's not panicked, we all saw what he can do. Meanwhile, SF still only has Boldin and Davis. So I don't think they'll move the ball much vs that defense.

I'm picking Houston to win this one.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It's no secret that I like Houston's squad. I acknowledge Schaub's glaring and frustrating flaws, but he is capable of racking up yardage and every team San Fran has played this year seems to have thrown the ball on them with the exception of the Rams (a function of Bradford) and us.

Additionally, the 9ers run defense is not what it was two years ago. If Tate and Foster can move the ball it will help protect Schaub and I think Houston has a solid chance to pull the upset as 7point dogs on the road and salvage their season.

Perhaps glancing up at the scoreboard during warmups and taking note of the Seahawks thrashing of their rivals in Indianapolis earlier in the day will steel their resolve to get back in the race for the AFC South.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Show me SF's injury report and then I'll tell you who I like.

If Willis is still out, I like Arian Foster and Andre Johnson against that banged up defense and crappy corners.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am leery of Houston, San Fran has had extra days to prepare a game plan.

hawker84

Reaction score
Marshawn and RW had clutch plays as did the defense. Kap and Gore will have to do the same. I don't know if SF's banged up defense can keep the heat on for 4 qrtrs, especially if Aldon Smith and PW are still out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I predict Gore doesn't get 50 yds (on the ground) vs. Houston. I know I keep saying Gore is finished, then he runs wild right after. I'm still saying Gore is no longer anything special. Look at every one of his long gains and you will see the line had opened holes that firkin Oprah could run through. I don't anticipate holes like that vs. Houston.

BUT....one thing about Harbaugh, when he sees something is not working, he adjusts or abandons that strategy. Now, that's not to say his plan B is any better, but he will go to plan B. In this case, watch for heavy doses of the previously missing run-option. Our win vs. Houston put us 2 games up and Harbaugh knows there's no time like the present to pull out the stops. PLUS, you know the Psycho now HAS to beat Houston since we did....and I think he will (without travel and lots of rest playing what might be a damaged team). I think it will be entertaining, but don't think I'd bet the moneyline, BFS. I can see SF winning this with Kaeps legs; 23-16 Niners.

pmedic920

Reaction score
As strange as it sounds, several of us made a deal with Texan fans last Sunday. We would beat the colts for them. They in turn would beat the 9ers for us. Sweet deal huh. Let it be written, let it be done.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
We beat the niners who have a weaker d than last year , no deep threat , a minimal running game thus far.
Get ready for a long day , I see the Texans beating the crap out of san fran

OrFan

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on it, but I think Houston gets it done. That defensive front will have Kaep rattled just like we did. As long as they don't do something stupid, I think they can take the 9ers.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't. While I would fully enjoy seeing them lose, the Niners are an exceptional football team that can still bring it if they stick with the run no matter what happens.

I did have a theory going back to last year though, that the Niners tend to have trouble with functionally balanced teams with a good defense. Basically a team that can move the ball on the ground with a QB that can make throws when the Niners are forced to address the run. It doesn't take a great passing game, just a functional one. So far that has rang true, but not likely this week.

The Niners are still built like the Hawks and having Seattle and SF in consecutive weeks? Nightmare.... They may never recover. Texans fans had to see that as an ugly piece of schedule. They needed that win at home just to balance the trip to SF and failed. The good thing for Houston is that it shouldn't get much worse than that except for a match with Denver.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I have two favorite teams: Seahawks and whoever is playing the 49ers each week.

Unfortunately, I think the well-rested 9ers will beat any team that's still achy from a recent Seahawks brawl.

49ers: 20
Texans: 10