A Curious Quiz

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

What Say You, Football Fan?

48%
18%
33%

Total votes : 33

A Curious Quiz
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 pm
  • OK, this is an interesting poll question for you all. But it will take a little thinking and to see the question too early will spoil it. Because of that I am going to put the actual poll selections in the second post of the thread.

The "thinking" part is this: think about all of the classic football drives you have seen on TV. Old, new...whatever. Really see them in your mind's eye. Take time and do a thorough job.
    Question and options are coming next.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Re: A Curious Quiz
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 pm
  • What direction were the majority of the drives going in?
    1. Left to right on the TV.
    2. Right to left on the TV.
    3. No discernable difference.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:28 pm
  • I am interested to see where this goes.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am
  • Green Bay - Bart Starr sneak L to R
    Seahawks XL DJack Push-off Drive - L to R
    SF Joe Montana to Clark - R to L
    Raiders beating Dolphins, Snake to Davis(?) - R to L
    Steelers Immaculate Reception - R to L
    Miami vs Chargers (Winslow game) - Big blur
    Broncos (The Drive) - L to R (? I think, mind is slipping)
    Holy Roller - R to L

I picked option 3, just seems pretty random but I gather there is point to be made here.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:27 am
  • Going through my memories of various important moments that I can think of ("The Drive", "We want the ball...", "Beastquake", etc.), the vast majority of them were L to R. The only big ones I could think of going the other way were the Tyree catch and the final kick to finish "the comeback". Diags, your mention of some other R to L seems true, now that I reflect on them.

No big bold theory here, was curious if people can cleanly remember the directions or if the direction is "lost" in the memory (my wife says she doesn't really remember what direction the drives are going in but she remembers key pieces of the drives).

Just thought it would be an interesting quiz.
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:38 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:Going through my memories of various important moments that I can think of ("The Drive", "We want the ball...", "Beastquake", etc.), the vast majority of them were L to R. The only big ones I could think of going the other way were the Tyree catch and the final kick to finish "the comeback". Diags, your mention of some other R to L seems true, now that I reflect on them.

No big bold theory here, was curious if people can cleanly remember the directions or if the direction is "lost" in the memory (my wife says she doesn't really remember what direction the drives are going in but she remembers key pieces of the drives).

Just thought it would be an interesting quiz.

It was a cool exercise. Especially when you have to try to remember some games back in the early 60's as a kid. Power of suggestion also can affect what you remember because the Broncos/Elway vs Cleveland drives, I saw them in both directions in my mind and I know that wasn't the case. Good stuff.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information