All the hate Goodell gets is kind of ridiculous

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • So he is "pussifying" the league? If by pussifying you mean trying to avoid the NFL getting sued out of exstence than you are right.

    Goodell is a smart dude. An ivy league grad. He knows what he's doing to make the NFL as irreplaceable as humanely possible. A lesser commishiner might have put the NFL in a position to be shut down.

    Is he a perfect leader? Hell no. But he's a lot better than he's given credit for.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3451
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • Ball spinning - verboten.
    Cut blocks - totally ok.

    Not sure I get the line of thinking on that.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1687
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


  • What I love is last year he showed genuine concern for poor east coast teams, having to travel west and play at 4PM. It was an unfair disadvantage for those poor, poor East Coast teams. Its a genuine issue, and he's on the east coast teams side, thankfully. Also, suing MIA shows a lot of awareness. I'm glad he does that. Fining similar amounts for illegal hits and non-pulled up socks. Etc, etc, etc.

    He's a great man.

    This is a dumb post.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • It still amazes me that people don't know that the rules committee suggests rule changes and the owners either approve them or deny them, not Goodell. Goodell gets unfairly blamed for everything because of the ignorance of some fans. He maybe heavy handed with suspensions and fines but atleast he isn't looking the other way like that guy named Selig did in MLB.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:39 pm


  • Gap Filler wrote:It still amazes me that people don't know that the rules committee suggests rule changes and the owners either approve them or deny them, not Goodell. Goodell gets unfairly blamed for everything because of the ignorance of some fans. He maybe heavy handed with suspensions and fines but atleast he isn't looking the other way like that guy named Selig did in MLB.


    Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh, because the NFLPA and MLBPA are equals.

    If you really think the Seahawks getting a perceived "sham" loss last year, would've made Roger move the same as when it occurred to the Packers, you're ignorant.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Gap Filler wrote:It still amazes me that people don't know that the rules committee suggests rule changes and the owners either approve them or deny them, not Goodell. Goodell gets unfairly blamed for everything because of the ignorance of some fans. He maybe heavy handed with suspensions and fines but atleast he isn't looking the other way like that guy named Selig did in MLB.

    We fully realize that - he's still the commissioner and unless I'm totally ignorant - he could step up if player safety is really an issue to him.

    He is the commissioner.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1687
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


  • pehawk wrote:
    If you really think the Seahawks getting a perceived "sham" loss last year, would've made Roger move the same as when it occurred to the Packers, you're ignorant.


    Huh? What the hell are you talking about? It was on Monday Night Football lol. Everyone saw it. In todays media it doesn't matter who it happened to.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:39 pm


  • Wearing the wrong color shoes: $20k
    Flipping Okung over your shoulder sending him to the IR: $2k

    Yeah, he's brilliant.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    User avatar
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • pehawk wrote:What I love is last year he showed genuine concern for poor east coast teams, having to travel west and play at 4PM. It was an unfair disadvantage for those poor, poor East Coast teams. Its a genuine issue, and he's on the east coast teams side, thankfully. Also, suing MIA shows a lot of awareness. I'm glad he does that. Fining similar amounts for illegal hits and non-pulled up socks. Etc, etc, etc.

    He's a great man.

    This is a dumb post.


    Pehawk - actually it is "funnier" than that. Look at the link below from last year

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85396 ... p-pro-bowl

    More from Goodell:

    • The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams.


    What happened with that is the big question.........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3323
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • His is a job where he's never going to make everybody happy and he'll piss everyone off at times. Overall I think he's doing a good job. The one thing I don't like is all the overseas crap, I'm strongly against a London team or a London Super Bowl.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18539
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    Gap Filler wrote:It still amazes me that people don't know that the rules committee suggests rule changes and the owners either approve them or deny them, not Goodell. Goodell gets unfairly blamed for everything because of the ignorance of some fans. He maybe heavy handed with suspensions and fines but atleast he isn't looking the other way like that guy named Selig did in MLB.

    We fully realize that - he's still the commissioner and unless I'm totally ignorant - he could step up if player safety is really an issue to him.

    He is the commissioner.

    He doesn't care directly about player safety. He cares about losing money for the owners.

    He can lose money because players get injured in a specific way, so he throws a few rules out there to please the people even though they are inconsistent when flagged and/or fined.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    User avatar
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    Gap Filler wrote:It still amazes me that people don't know that the rules committee suggests rule changes and the owners either approve them or deny them, not Goodell. Goodell gets unfairly blamed for everything because of the ignorance of some fans. He maybe heavy handed with suspensions and fines but atleast he isn't looking the other way like that guy named Selig did in MLB.

    We fully realize that - he's still the commissioner and unless I'm totally ignorant - he could step up if player safety is really an issue to him.

    He is the commissioner.


    Nah I don't think most fans do fully realize that. You and I seem to. Listen around when people talk about Goodell. "Oh he's ruining the game, whats next 2 hand touch, you can't hit a guy anymore without a fine, its not even real football anymore, etc."

    Thats because the NFL just got sued for a settlement north of 700 million for looking the other way for years on player injuries and concussions.

    I'm not going to defend him completely but I will end with this...He is savvy as hell in negotiations. He schooled D.Smith and the NFLPA and e got what he wanted from the referee's union by killing pensions for new hires.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:39 pm


  • Once again let me highlite the fsct that goodell is not a bumbling fool. He knows what he's doing to keep the NFL alive and well. People like PE seem to think he's sitting around going " doh.... he wore the wrong color 40k fine! This guy hurt another guy. Lets only five him a 5k fine!" Everything he does is a result of outside influences dictating he doea business a certain way. If you don't like the way he does things hate the way the business is set up, but don't dump everything on Goodell

    Bottom line is goddell is doing a good job priority #1 the long term health of the nfl
    And more profit = more staying power. And the nfl is more profitable as ever
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3451
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • Goodell represents the interests of the owners. All you Goodell haters need to man up and direct your hate towards where it belongs for the issues you have with the league instead of blaming the puppet on strings like good little sheeple.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25378
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • People like Pe need to understand that you can't dislike somebody who is just doing their job. Goodell is like the president; any hate directed at him makes you look stupid and uninformed.

    I like it.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1687
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


  • That's a little overboard, Clumsy. You can definitely have criticism for people "just doing their jobs". Like Nazi scientists back in the day, to name one particularly egregious example.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25378
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • What I love is there's a lot of people that assume, PE doesn't have logic and reasoning for his stances. Or, he's not understanding enough of the situation to excuse Mr Allen from criticism. I'm not a Johnny Come Lately to the Goodell hate. When his hire was announced, I was writing for this site. I wrote a fairly strong article ripping the hire and laying out my concerns. It was omitted by the editor Doug Farrar.

    Or, I just don't understand things and go along with what others say. That sounds like me too.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • I didn't say, and I don't think, that you lack logic and/or reasoning for your stances.

    I'm just saying that no matter what you say, write, believe, think, or are "sure" of, Goodell represents the interests of the NFL owners. It's a trump card. It overrides everything.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25378
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • He represents the interests of the owners, yes. And those interests slant unfairly East for my like. If it wasn't for Russell Wilson being so marketable, Seattle would be another franchise Roger would not care about.

    At first, I ripped Allen, assuming he's not being loud enough. But, as I've surveyed things the past few years, I've learned it may've not a difference.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • 32 different owners makes it start to look like the problems congress has, just a bunch of in-house pissing on each other. Just a guess, obviously there's little in the way of public transparency in terms of what the NFL owners do, but yeah; I don't really have an opinion on Allen one way or the other as far as his quality of being an owner in terms of using his sway in the league, since there's a startling lack of evidence to back anything for all the owners.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25378
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Roger Goodell's dad was a great man who took an unpopular position against the Vietnam War and harmed his career irreparably as a result.

    Roger Goodell learned from that to just play it safe and be a craven, equivocating suit whose position suits whatever he thinks will make the owners throw him a Milk Bone.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3748
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Goodell is an arrogant jackass. Sorry but it's true.
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


  • General Manager wrote:Goodell is an arrogant jackass. Sorry but it's true.


    Guys like you don't get it. Guys like me, like to be unique, by supporting things that aren't popular, like Rog.

    I like Goodell because its unique and makes me stand out.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Goodell is a great commissioner. He has done more to protect the league and sport of football than any commissioner ever before him. He has to clean up their mess that they just passed along until now. All the rules for protection are to keep the NFL in existence. He needs to make it as safe as possible or there won't be an NFL.
    peytonmanning18
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Once again let me highlite the fsct that goodell is not a bumbling fool. He knows what he's doing to keep the NFL alive and well. People like PE seem to think he's sitting around going " doh.... he wore the wrong color 40k fine! This guy hurt another guy. Lets only five him a 5k fine!" Everything he does is a result of outside influences dictating he doea business a certain way. If you don't like the way he does things hate the way the business is set up, but don't dump everything on Goodell

    Bottom line is goddell is doing a good job priority #1 the long term health of the nfl
    And more profit = more staying power. And the nfl is more profitable as ever

    He's doing a great job. The NFL is the best pro sport out there. He still needs to look at all the rules and adjust penalties/fines so they actually make logical sense. And Goodell is the main man, so he's the one people will point fingers at.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    User avatar
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Goodell has owners happy, he got them a CBA they love.

    Otherwise, Goodell is fully aware that none of us are going to quit watching no matter what he does.

    On the West coast/East coast thing, when an east coast team complained about consecutive games out of town on the west coast, Roger fixed the rules, and fast. Western teams have noted the unfairness for years since, and Roger is seeing what he can do. That is bullshit.

    I actually like some of the safety rules, especially the ones targeting plays intended to injure. But fining a player the same amount for wearing non sponsored clothing as you would for an illegal hit does tell what the real agenda is.

    Roger is an irritation, but that is all. David Stern made me quit watching ball. roger is nowhere close to that.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11004
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • I don't personally care for the guy, but he is better than Paul Tagliabue, the idiot he replaced.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2866
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 pm


  • LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.
    cockeyhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 295
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm


  • ClumsyLurk wrote:Ball spinning - verboten.
    Cut blocks - totally ok.

    Not sure I get the line of thinking on that.


    Spitting at another player: $17,000 fine (Sean Taylor)
    Wear non-officially sponsored apparel to a post-game presser (or Cam Newton's Under Armor visor clips): $10,000 fine
    Punch a player in the face after a game: $7875 fine (Trent Williams for punching Sherman *after* the game)

    He's not a horrible commissioner by any means, but he sure has sucked some fun out of the league. We've already lost creative end zone celebrations, ball-spinning and taunting...probably won't be long before he gets his wish and kickoff returns are abolished.
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1262
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: Oak Harbor, WA


  • There are plenty of calls that need to be thrown the heck out. Any and all taunting calls need thrown out, these are grown men out there not little kids. 253hawk you put up some great what the heck fine examples. There are always improvements that can be made in everything, but some of their "improvements" don't make sense. If he truly is trying to do something about the west coast teams playing at 10am than why do we have 5 games this season?
    User avatar
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 808
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm


  • The 10am starts is the worst. Even if all 6 pacific/mountain time teams traveled East on the same sunday - they could still likely start at 4pm eastern and not cause too many scheduling conflicts (as far as sharing TV time goes) imo.
    http://imgur.com/16WWIu1 Team map / USA overlay

    With everything Paul Allen has done to make the Hawks as sick as possible, I have to assume he's pushed hard for scheduling equality as well. Giving the WC teams a fair schedule is against most of the other clubs bottom line though.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1687
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


  • ClumsyLurk wrote:The 10am starts is the worst. Even if all 6 pacific/mountain time teams traveled East on the same sunday - they could still likely start at 4pm eastern and not cause too many scheduling conflicts (as far as sharing TV time goes) imo.
    http://imgur.com/16WWIu1 Team map / USA overlay

    With everything Paul Allen has done to make the Hawks as sick as possible, I have to assume he's pushed hard for scheduling equality as well. Giving the WC teams a fair schedule is against most of the other clubs bottom line though.


    You just don't get it, man. Roger works for the owners and needs to have an eye for franchise equality, that means looking out for the Mara's, Johnsons and Snyders. you don't get it.

    People like Clumsy don't get it.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • cockeyhawk wrote:LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.



    That's exactly the problem for the future. So many people watch on TV and they see guys tearing ligaments, getting concussions, bleeding all over the place and they decide that football is not something they want their kids doing. So those kids don't play football and go play another sport. With less kids, you get less talent coming up through the ranks which in turn will make the NFL product not as good and those kids that aren't playing football are going to go play soccer or some other sport. So when you get kids that don't play football, they aren't as interested in watching football so in 20 years I won't be surprised if the NFL is significantly less popular than it is now.
    peytonmanning18
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm


  • peytonmanning18 wrote:
    cockeyhawk wrote:LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.



    That's exactly the problem for the future. So many people watch on TV and they see guys tearing ligaments, getting concussions, bleeding all over the place and they decide that football is not something they want their kids doing. So those kids don't play football and go play another sport. With less kids, you get less talent coming up through the ranks which in turn will make the NFL product not as good and those kids that aren't playing football are going to go play soccer or some other sport. So when you get kids that don't play football, they aren't as interested in watching football so in 20 years I won't be surprised if the NFL is significantly less popular than it is now.


    Money speaks dude. If football players are still making millions of dollars and living the life, there will always be kids playing and reaching towards that dream
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3451
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • So, I think Roger's biased and has his favorites. Players like T-Sizzle also think that. He's openly expressed concern over east coast teams heading west, not vice versa. But, yeah, I just don't get it.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • peytonmanning18 wrote:
    cockeyhawk wrote:LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.



    That's exactly the problem for the future. So many people watch on TV and they see guys tearing ligaments, getting concussions, bleeding all over the place and they decide that football is not something they want their kids doing. So those kids don't play football and go play another sport. With less kids, you get less talent coming up through the ranks which in turn will make the NFL product not as good and those kids that aren't playing football are going to go play soccer or some other sport. So when you get kids that don't play football, they aren't as interested in watching football so in 20 years I won't be surprised if the NFL is significantly less popular than it is now.


    Not a lot of people in Rome actually spent time as gladiators. Still a popular entertainment option :D
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3323
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    peytonmanning18 wrote:
    cockeyhawk wrote:LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.



    That's exactly the problem for the future. So many people watch on TV and they see guys tearing ligaments, getting concussions, bleeding all over the place and they decide that football is not something they want their kids doing. So those kids don't play football and go play another sport. With less kids, you get less talent coming up through the ranks which in turn will make the NFL product not as good and those kids that aren't playing football are going to go play soccer or some other sport. So when you get kids that don't play football, they aren't as interested in watching football so in 20 years I won't be surprised if the NFL is significantly less popular than it is now.


    Money speaks dude. If football players are still making millions of dollars and living the life, there will always be kids playing and reaching towards that dream



    But if football becomes less popular among the public then there won't be as much money for those guys.
    peytonmanning18
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm


  • peytonmanning18 wrote:
    cockeyhawk wrote:LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.



    That's exactly the problem for the future. So many people watch on TV and they see guys tearing ligaments, getting concussions, bleeding all over the place and they decide that football is not something they want their kids doing. So those kids don't play football and go play another sport. With less kids, you get less talent coming up through the ranks which in turn will make the NFL product not as good and those kids that aren't playing football are going to go play soccer or some other sport. So when you get kids that don't play football, they aren't as interested in watching football so in 20 years I won't be surprised if the NFL is significantly less popular than it is now.

    Our son wants to play football and heck yeah we would let him.
    User avatar
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 808
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm


  • Kixkahn wrote:
    peytonmanning18 wrote:
    cockeyhawk wrote:LOL LOL LOL I like this guy and his thoughts about America. Oh the most popular thing on T.V, with billions and billions of dollars at stake. Is going to be shutdown by petty law suits. Yeah the owners are taking some steps so things don't get out of control. Football is a part of America, this is like suggesting deep frying turkeys is going to be outlawed because of the risk.



    That's exactly the problem for the future. So many people watch on TV and they see guys tearing ligaments, getting concussions, bleeding all over the place and they decide that football is not something they want their kids doing. So those kids don't play football and go play another sport. With less kids, you get less talent coming up through the ranks which in turn will make the NFL product not as good and those kids that aren't playing football are going to go play soccer or some other sport. So when you get kids that don't play football, they aren't as interested in watching football so in 20 years I won't be surprised if the NFL is significantly less popular than it is now.

    Our son wants to play football and heck yeah we would let him.


    That's one but look around the country. Not as many kids are playing football.
    peytonmanning18
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm


  • pehawk wrote:
    General Manager wrote:Goodell is an arrogant jackass. Sorry but it's true.


    Guys like you don't get it. Guys like me, like to be unique, by supporting things that aren't popular, like Rog.

    I like Goodell because its unique and makes me stand out.


    Signed, John Morgan.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11258
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Morgan went after easy targets, like me. Unless you're saying hating me made him stand out?
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • I'm not really saying anything. Just joshin' ya.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11258
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • I know, sweetie.

    What's your thoughts on Goodell?

    When I think of him I think of that judge who once said "I cant define porn, but I know it when I see it". With Roger, I just know a slimeball when I see it.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Apparently everyone has to hate goddell because it's the popular consensus. And if anyone has any opposite viewpoints it's just being a contrarian, regardless of the validity of the reasons.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3451
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Apparently everyone has to hate goddell because it's the popular consensus. And if anyone has any opposite viewpoints it's just being a contrarian, regardless of the validity of the reasons.


    Actually, I'm open to hearing reasons for liking him.

    And, just top clarify, I didn't like the hire. It's not a popularity thing...
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Apparently everyone has to hate goddell because it's the popular consensus. And if anyone has any opposite viewpoints it's just being a contrarian, regardless of the validity of the reasons.

    Bzzzzzttttttt! wrong! It's because he's a smarmy D-bag, that is pussifying the game!

    As a fanboy of his do you support all of this overseas crap. He wants a team in London for gawds sake!

    Do you support the fact that uniform infractions are fined more than illegal hits?

    Do you support his Eastcoast bias when it comes to the travel where he wants Eastcoast teams to only travel west 2 times a season but has no problem with Seattle playing 5 10am Eastcoast games????

    Speaking of contrarian, that's a good word to describe you in this Rog debate!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11451
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land




It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online