I almost feel bad for SF next week

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
I almost feel bad for SF next week
Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm
  • JJ Watt sounded beyond PISSED in his postgame interview! Ninnies going down next week at home!!!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: I almost feel bad for SF next week
Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 pm
  • We can only hope. Would LOVE to see a Texans beat down of the Farty-niners.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 pm
  • I hope so.

It's in SF and the Niners don't have the OL woes we do. OTOH, they don't have any healthy receivers either.

I can easily see the Texan D giving the Niners fits. However, and Houston fans will dub this the understatement of the century, I have a difficult time envisioning Schaub sealing the deal on the road with SF defensive line that can apply pressure esp. at home.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:13 pm
  • Sorry, the Texans don't have a chance. They we're BEAT by the 3rd quarter. But, after the 5th quarter?

I highly doubt many teams will win the week following a Hawks game. Just a hunch, but that's what physical teams do to other teams.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Sorry, the Texans don't have a chance. They we're BEAT by the 3rd quarter. But, after the 5th quarter?

I highly doubt many teams will win the week following a Hawks game. Just a hunch, but that's what physical teams do to other teams.

Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Do you think there will also be a big effect on the Hawks? We seemed pretty gassed at the end there also, and they were physical with us as well as you said.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:24 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Sorry, the Texans don't have a chance. They we're BEAT by the 3rd quarter. But, after the 5th quarter?

Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Do you think there will also be a big effect on the Hawks? We seemed pretty gassed at the end there also, and they were physical with us as well as you said.

Yes, I think THIS week. But, the rule will be for their opponents. I bet ya teams will go 4-12 after playing the Hawks, at least.

Think 1999 Bucs...
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Well that would worry me since the Colts played the Niners with some physicality, but...our offense should be plenty rested after getting booted off the field so quickly so many times :)

So if our D is still beat up maybe our O can do something. Our passing O I mean, the run game has been there.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm
  • I don't, go Texans!
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:34 pm
  • yes they take a physical beating against seattle, but they are gonna be extra pissed and in a must win situation. I predict a SF win something like 20-14 or something
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:46 pm
  • Go Texans.... Kill Copperneck..... we haven't had a good Harbaugh Gif yet either this year?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:50 pm
  • I never feel bad for sf. Not even "almost". :49ersmall:
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:51 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:Go Texans.... Kill Copperneck..... we haven't had a good Harbaugh Gif yet either this year?

I thought the one from S.F. @ Seattle where Harbaugh holds up the play call sheet to block his mouth while he swears after the punch by Aldon was pretty good.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 pm
  • Hopefully Cushing will be back. Him going out was huge today.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:03 pm
  • Being pissed certainly doesn't win games, and a pathetic rams team gave the whining bee-otches confidence.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Hopefully Cushing will be back. Him going out was huge today.

That's for damn sure. And SF will be rested. Houston...not so much. They are in the same state we put SF in 2 weeks ago. If Cushing is not back, my bet would be on the hom* team.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm
  • He mad!!!
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 pm
  • Texans will be destroyed in SF. That team is just not good enough. Forster is a stud, though ...
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:27 pm
  • SF is going to have a field day against Schaub... their OLine is healthy and top level also, so the pressure won't be the same.

As much as I would like to see Houston win there, probably not going to happen. Of course, I still believe that SF has trouble with the balanced teams that have a defense. Houston does fit that mold. No Aldon Smith?? Hmmm. Nah... Niners win.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:31 pm
  • Claden wrote:I never feel bad for sf. Not even "almost". :49ersmall:

Correct.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:39 pm
  • lol, this thread is pretty funny. For as much as this fanbase thinks the 49ers are obsessed with you, you sure seem to be obsessed with us as well.

oh, and I don't care how bad of a "nickname" you think seachickens is, farty whiners has to be one of the worst I've ever heard. right up there with copperneck :)

back on topic though, Watt can be as pissed as he wants, he still has Matt Schaub as his QB
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:43 pm
  • I truly believe that if Gore doesn't play well next week the 9ers are on for a long day.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:45 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:lol, this thread is pretty funny. For as much as this fanbase thinks the 49ers are obsessed with you, you sure seem to be obsessed with us as well.

oh, and I don't care how bad of a "nickname" you think seachickens is, farty whiners has to be one of the worst I've ever heard. right up there with copperneck :)

back on topic though, Watt can be as pissed as he wants, he still has Matt Schaub as his QB

Oh you love it don't lie. Its an awesome rivalry. I read the 49ers webzone week 4 game thread. You guys are just as obsessed with us. No big deal. Enjoy it.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:51 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:lol, this thread is pretty funny. For as much as this fanbase thinks the 49ers are obsessed with you, you sure seem to be obsessed with us as well.

...and you still have the Kreapper as your QB, end of story!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:58 am
  • I think Farty Niners is hilarious.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Go Texans.... Kill Copperneck..... we haven't had a good Harbaugh Gif yet either this year?

I thought the one from S.F. @ Seattle where Harbaugh holds up the play call sheet to block his mouth while he swears after the punch by Aldon was pretty good.

Someone needs to start keeping stats of yards received because the other team is frustrated and loses their cool.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:58 am
  • I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 am
  • I hope the Texans take it all out on the 49ers. I'd love to see Keapernick get sacked a dozen or so times by a vengeful Houston Defense.

The real question now is who's worse under pressure, schaub or Keapernick? I'd like to see a complete meltdown on the 49er side.
    Phteven
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 am
  • Texans are coming off a raping from the Ravens and a demoralizing loss at home against the Hawks.

The Niners are coming off a raping from the Seahawks, a demoralizing loss at home against the Colts, and a win against the ugly fatty rebound chick named the Rams.

My money is on the Texans being more prepared, while the Niners will be overconfident. I still think the Niners talent will prevail at home, but it will probably be close. This game means a lot for the Texans; just like the Rams game was a statement for the Niners.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:58 pm
  • If the Texans beat the Niners at SF and we beat Indy in Indy, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The tears will taste so good! So good!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Hopefully Cushing will be back. Him going out was huge today.

One of the difference makers, probably THE difference maker for the Texans (possibly bigger than the look of Schaub being a mess under pressure).
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

We know that your fan base is obsessed with us. Why else would they be chanting, "Seahawks suck!" after a victory against the Rams?
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:27 pm

• We know that your fan base is obsessed with us. Why else would they be chanting, "Seahawks suck!" after a victory against the Rams?

But Niner fans are classy, delicate fans who use their voices to fight against the injustice of high noise volumes. Those must have been Rams fans, dazed and confused by the catastrophic collapse of their high hopes.
    Kakaww
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:40 am
  • MANUNITED23 wrote:I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.

The Texans needs Schaub to win the game. The 49ers need Kaep to not lose the game. So yes, more pressure would be on Schaub...but he's Joe Montana compared to Kaepernick.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 am
  • HawkWow wrote:
    MANUNITED23 wrote:I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.

The Texans needs Schaub to win the game. The 49ers need Kaep to not lose the game. So yes, more pressure would be on Schaub...but he's Joe Montana compared to Kaepernick.

The only reason the Texans were not in the super bowl last year (or in the foreseeable future) is because of Matt Schaub. Meanwhile Kaepernick got the 49ers to the super bowl (and almost won it) with less than the typical 49er defense.

Kaepernick up 20-6 with his legit starting receivers is not losing a game to anyone.
    NINEster
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 am
  • Go Texans, Kill SF :beating:
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:17 am
  • "I almost feel bad for SF next week"

Maybe for a millisecond, but I'm over it now! Kill them....Kill them all!!! :thfight7:
    canfan
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:16 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:For as much as this fanbase thinks the 49ers are obsessed with you, you sure seem to be obsessed with us as well.

Come back when our fans are on national television chanting "Niners suck" two weeks after a beatdown, on the night we beat another division rival.

Embarrassing.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:23 pm
  • more than embarrassing, that's almost if not on stalker level...? :shock:
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:02 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    look@dafilm wrote:For as much as this fanbase thinks the 49ers are obsessed with you, you sure seem to be obsessed with us as well.

Come back when our fans are on national television chanting "Niners suck" two weeks after a beatdown, on the night we beat another division rival.

Embarrassing.

Look@dafilm...GTFO. :1:
    Rather dumb for you to come to a Seahawk forum and accuse us of being obsessed with the niners.
    HunnyBadger
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:
    MANUNITED23 wrote:I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.

The only reason the Texans were not in the super bowl last year (or in the foreseeable future) is because of Matt Schaub. Meanwhile Kaepernick got the 49ers to the super bowl (and almost won it) with less than the typical 49er defense.

Kaepernick up 20-6 with his legit starting receivers is not losing a game to anyone.

So if the Texans played Yates all year, instead of Schaub (who threw for over 4500 yds in each previous year) they would have went to the Superbowl? Do you realize the unique position that statement puts you in? You are likely the only person in the entire world that believes such a thing.

Kaepernick. I'm clearly talking about the match up between Schaub and kaepernick this Sunday. Not this year's Schaub vs last year's Kaep. The league is onto keep. He has actually regressed and much of that to do with him not running as much. Harbaugh is turning him into a pocket QB. So the question goes like this...who's the better pocket QB, Schaub or Kaep?

Kaep has some terrible habits that he needs to break before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Schaub, IMO. Again talking THIS year, Look at Kaeps numbers vs Seattle then look at Schaubs numbers vs Seattle. It's not a huge sample, but IMO, tells the story in it's entirety.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 am
  • The Niners secondary matches up with Houston's receivers as well as the Niners receivers match up against Houston's secondary and by that I mean very poorly.

Take away Bold in and slow down Gore and this becomes another blow out.

I don't see anywhere the Niners have an advantage other than home field and the potential Houston is playing stunned after last week.

The schedulers may have helped the Niners by putting them against Houston right after a bloody dog fight against us.

Double jeopardy weekend boys. If we beat Indy and Houston beats the Niners, it will be the ultimate statement weekend.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 am
  • HawkWow wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:

So if the Texans played Yates all year, instead of Schaub (who threw for over 4500 yds in each previous year) they would have went to the Superbowl? Do you realize the unique position that statement puts you in? You are likely the only person in the entire world that believes such a thing.

Kaepernick. I'm clearly talking about the match up between Schaub and kaepernick this Sunday. Not this year's Schaub vs last year's Kaep. The league is onto keep. He has actually regressed and much of that to do with him not running as much. Harbaugh is turning him into a pocket QB. So the question goes like this...who's the better pocket QB, Schaub or Kaep?

Kaep has some terrible habits that he needs to break before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Schaub, IMO. Again talking THIS year, Look at Kaeps numbers vs Seattle then look at Schaubs numbers vs Seattle. It's not a huge sample, but IMO, tells the story in it's entirety.

Schaub has been in the NFL long enough to have hit his ceiling. Only one QB in the modern era has changed an early season legacy to get his team to an SB (Rich Gannon). Maybe Alex Smith can be #2.

Schaub is what Romo might look like on a really well balanced team, except I think Romo has more athletic ability and arm talent.

So Kaepernick has already been to a super bowl. You really think he's gonna regress to the point where he can not bring the team back again? That's crazy Seattle homer talk.

Wilson so far this season has not looked as good as his best games last year, and that's playing with a team that so far is running the ball better and more consistent defense than SF. I'd say Wilson has regressed as well and his overall performance is not spectacular when you consider he has not carried the team on his back so far this season.

It's called sophomore slump. You're seeing it more with kaep because of injuries to his receivers and less overall experience.

We'll see what happens.
    NINEster
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 am

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:01 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.

Schaub has been in the NFL long enough to have hit his ceiling. Only one QB in the modern era has changed an early season legacy to get his team to an SB (Rich Gannon). Maybe Alex Smith can be #2.

Schaub is what Romo might look like on a really well balanced team, except I think Romo has more athletic ability and arm talent.

So Kaepernick has already been to a super bowl. You really think he's gonna regress to the point where he can not bring the team back again? That's crazy Seattle homer talk.

Wilson so far this season has not looked as good as his best games last year, and that's playing with a team that so far is running the ball better and more consistent defense than SF. I'd say Wilson has regressed as well and his overall performance is not spectacular when you consider he has not carried the team on his back so far this season.

It's called sophomore slump. You're seeing it more with kaep because of injuries to his receivers and less overall experience.

We'll see what happens.[/quote][/quote]

The difference between Wilson and Kaep this year is Wilson has been clutch. When we have needed him the most he has come through. He did it in the second half against you. The 4th quarter against Houston and Carolina while Kaep has been craptastic all the way around. Go to your webzone and see for yourself. This isn't Seahawks fans making stuff up. Your own brethren are trashing him relentlessly.

I think the biggest difference is if Gore goes down you (at least your fan base) have no confidence Kaep will carry the team while Seahawks fans still have 100% confidence in Wilson because he has proven time and again that he comes through when you need him most whether the running game is there or not.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm
  • The Texans are going to destroy the Niners.

Seattle, Baltimore and Indy have provided the blueprint. A great defense like Houston's will come prepared and will be able to execute the same plan to perfection. I expect to see JJ Watt bringing the heat to Gore, with a LB spying on Kaep, and probably double coverage on Boldin. Game over for SF's craptastic offense.

Niners can't stop the run, either. And they'll be facing the best rushing attack in the NFL. Tate and Foster will have a heyday out there. Wear down that SF front 7, and we all know what happens then. We saw it in Seattle.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 pm
  • NINEster wrote:So Kaepernick has already been to a super bowl. You really think he's gonna regress to the point where he can not bring the team back again? That's crazy Seattle homer talk.

The difference between Wilson and Kaepernick is as simple as how they react to a critical late-game 4th down.

Wilson puts his neck on the line, picks up the necessary yards and gets the first down. Putting his team into scoring position and picking up the TD a few plays later.

Kaepernick runs out of the pocket, panicks, and throws a floater out of the back of the end zone. Superbowl dream over.

One of them chokes and the other doesn't. You'd think the difference in the two teams' records would make that obvious, but 49er fans aren't known for their intellect.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:28 pm
  • NINEster wrote: I'd say Wilson has regressed as well and his overall performance is not spectacular when you consider he has not carried the team on his back so far this season.

Lol...what do you call a 14 play 98 yard (over 100 with penalties) drive in order to get us within 7 in the 4th quarter? Running for 70+ yards, most coming when we needed it the most?

2 of the 4 games he hasn't needed to put the team on his back because they were complete blowouts. Also 3 of the 4 games have been against some of the best front 7's in the NFL without a complete OLine. Jags are no slouch on the line as well.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm
  • NINEster wrote:

"Schaub has been in the NFL long enough to have hit his ceiling. Only one QB in the modern era has changed an early season legacy to get his team to an SB (Rich Gannon). Maybe Alex Smith can be #2.

We'll see what happens".[/quote]
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/i]

!st: I don't do "homer".
    2nd: Show me evidence that there is such a thing as a "sophomore slump".
    3rd: Wilson doesn't look as good this year for the same reason keep don't...both teams have reduced the number of designed runs, or read-option plays for their QBs. That is why the regression.
    4th..WTF does Wilson's play have to do with Kaepnernick? Are you suggesting they are Siamese twins separated at birth or something?
    5th: As I said above, Kaep has terrible habits (like basically pointing at his receivers). He will need to get this fixed asap.
    6th..you now have Skelton. If they're not going to run Kaep, you'd be better off with him.
    7th; This exchange was basically about Schaub being a better pocket QB that Kaep...what happened to that argument? Show me where I'm in correct.
    8th...Why are you here?? Infatuated with the Hawks and Hawk fans alike?
    9th...there is no 9th, tired of expressing the obvious. Send me a check and I'll continue.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information