NFL WEMBLEY!!

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Thank you Channel 4!!

    I have Gamepass but the signal just isn't strong enough to watch live where we are so it's all archive games....

    But tonight I got to see my first EVER live game!! :229031_thewave:

    Okay it was the Vikings v Steelers. I would have been over the moon if it was the Hawks!!

    Actually I quite like the Vikings so I was happy to see them win!

    Mr Goodell, can Seattle come over to play next season?? Pwetty please??
    I am an American Football Noobie... Please be gentle!! :-)
    I'M IN AND I BELIEVE!
    Image
    User avatar
    LyndseyG
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 264
    Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm
    Location: Clacton On Sea, Britain


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:58 pm
  • LyndseyG wrote:Thank you Channel 4!!

    I have Gamepass but the signal just isn't strong enough to watch live where we are so it's all archive games....

    But tonight I got to see my first EVER live game!! :229031_thewave:

    Okay it was the Vikings v Steelers. I would have been over the moon if it was the Hawks!!

    Actually I quite like the Vikings so I was happy to see them win!

    Mr Goodell, can Seattle come over to play next season?? Pwetty please??



    Nothing against you all across the lake but NO, that would cost us a home feild game most likely and the NFL has a habit of screwing us Seattle Fans enough as it is.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10781
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:51 pm
  • It's BS teams have to lose a home game to feed Roger's global domination plan.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2027
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:02 pm
  • I see the dislike from the team that loses a home game, but, as you can see from the growing UK contingent on here, we're a big and ever-growing market. I'd love to see the Seahawk's over here, but hopefully only for an 'away' game. I think they're steering cleer of West Coast teams though...

    Interesting side note, and not to thread jack, but if - as has been mentioned in passing (way down the line) the UK got a franchise, would you jump ship and support them?

    I'd pray they were AFC and split my support most likely
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    User avatar
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 133
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 am


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:05 pm
  • Yeah they could call them the Redcoats and the fantasy Super Bowl could be the Patriots vs the Redcoats.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10781
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:03 pm
  • While I do appreciate the support from over there, I disagree with any games being played outside of the country. It is after all the National Football League, not the international football league.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2884
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 pm


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 pm
  • toadie_uk wrote:I see the dislike from the team that loses a home game, but, as you can see from the growing UK contingent on here, we're a big and ever-growing market. I'd love to see the Seahawk's over here, but hopefully only for an 'away' game. I think they're steering cleer of West Coast teams though...

    Interesting side note, and not to thread jack, but if - as has been mentioned in passing (way down the line) the UK got a franchise, would you jump ship and support them?

    I'd pray they were AFC and split my support most likely



    Good question. Maybe its a little different for me cos I'm Irish and not British, but no def not. I love the Hawks and wouldn't bail on em for a team closer to home, if that was the case I may aswell support an East Cost team, negatory good sir.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

    "Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

    "When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    User avatar
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 643
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am
    Location: Ireland!


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 am
  • I certainly wouldn't bail, but obviously the Brit/English/London team would be my firm 2nd team and I'd root for them in all but Seahawk's games

    @Orfan... the counter argument to that is that Superbowl winners call themselves World Champions? Just playing devil's advocate :les:
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    User avatar
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 133
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 am


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 am
  • toadie_uk wrote:I certainly wouldn't bail, but obviously the Brit/English/London team would be my firm 2nd team and I'd root for them in all but Seahawk's games

    @Orfan... the counter argument to that is that Superbowl winners call themselves World Champions? Just playing devil's advocate :les:


    And adding a team in London justifies the World Champion moniker? Ha. Also, Super Bowl champions gets used waaaay more than World Champions.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2027
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:22 am
  • It would be a start as they actually beat someone in the 'world' rather than just the USA. The 'National' Football League argument was semantics so I countered it with semantics of my own.

    And, because I'm too meek to ever want to appear confrontational, let me add - Go Hawks! :)
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    User avatar
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 133
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 am


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:31 am
  • And I suppose she isn't Miss Universe, either?
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 2980
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:50 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:It's BS teams have to lose a home game to feed Roger's global domination plan.


    Exactly. Screw Goodel.
    Image
    Sturm
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2345
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 pm


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:44 am
  • My good friend attended this game ans had tix on the 50 yard line.
    User avatar
    KEWASTEES
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:30 pm


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm
  • @Toadie_uk, I wouldn't bail but I would follow them and root for them...

    @Orfan, I just wanna see the Hawks over here... Where's the "batt my eyelids" emote?? :D

    @Kewastees, I'm jealous! :D
    I am an American Football Noobie... Please be gentle!! :-)
    I'M IN AND I BELIEVE!
    Image
    User avatar
    LyndseyG
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 264
    Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm
    Location: Clacton On Sea, Britain


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 am
  • I wouldnt give a shit about a London based NFL team. I can't see why some want to push it. Those who support NFL would by and large already have loyalties to existing teams.

    I'm not that fussed about the Wembley games either. I'd go and watch the Seahawks (or the Dolphins at a push) but none of the previous games have made me want to go along.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 804
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: NFL WEMBLEY!!
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 am
  • Hawk Strap wrote:And I suppose she isn't Miss Universe, either?


    Have you *seen* the female xyrickzics of the planet Zrag? They're built like tanks...
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 773
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am




It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information