Why are you guys so obsessed with the 49ers?

925NinersFan

Reaction score
I don't come here too often, but when I do, it always surprises me how much chatter about the 49ers there is on a Seahawks forum. As of today, in "NFL Nation", there are 14 (!!!) threads about the Niners on the first page alone! It seems like there's a thread or discussion for every little bit of news about our team.

Look, I get that we play in the same division and its impact on playoff rankings and such, and yes, your past 2 wins were deservedly big deals... but why so much irrational hate for a team that in all honesty you don't have any kind of "rivalry" history with? It's not like we've clashed in the playoffs multiple times, or have had epic back-and-forth battles. I really don't think any of us older Niner fans would even consider you guys a rival if the media didn't create it or hype it up so much. Maybe you find that snobby, or insulting, but it's the truth. We currently voted on and are celebrating the "Top 10 Moments of Candlestick Park" each game, as the season progresses, and none of those moments involve the Seahawks. For us, we've had history and bad blood that goes back decades with the Rams, Cowboys, Giants, and Packers. Those are the teams we hate.

So I ask, why are you guys so obsessed with the 49ers that you would have 14 threads on 1 page?

Basis4day

Reaction score
If the cardinals were the 2nd best team in the division we'd talk about them.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
925NinersFan":1o3ad0c8 said:
I don't come here too often, but when I do, it always surprises me how much chatter about the 49ers there is on a Seahawks forum. As of today, in "NFL Nation", there are 14 (!!!) threads about the Niners on the first page alone! It seems like there's a thread or discussion for every little bit of news about our team.

Look, I get that we play in the same division and its impact on playoff rankings and such, and yes, your past 2 wins were deservedly big deals... but why so much irrational hate for a team that in all honesty you don't have any kind of "rivalry" history with? It's not like we've clashed in the playoffs multiple times, or have had epic back-and-forth battles. I really don't think any of us older Niner fans would even consider you guys a rival if the media didn't create it or hype it up so much. Maybe you find that snobby, or insulting, but it's the truth. We currently voted on and are celebrating the "Top 10 Moments of Candlestick Park" each game, as the season progresses, and none of those moments involve the Seahawks. For us, we've had history and bad blood that goes back decades with the Rams, Cowboys, Giants, and Packers. Those are the teams we hate.

So I ask, why are you guys so obsessed with the 49ers that you would have 14 threads on 1 page?

HF97267E0

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well for one, we here at .NET usually have something to bitch about when it comes to the team. Since Pete has virtually made us perfect, we got nothing to bitch about, what else is there to talk about? At least thats my guess, I'm tired of you hearing about you guys too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Because we're still pissed at your bandwagon fan base, which didn't EXIST around here prior to Harbaugh showing up in the Bay area, and trolling, joking about how Harbaugh has never lost two in a row and never will, how Kaepernick has all the tools to be the greatest QB of all time, (hint: BEING a tool doesn't mean you have great tools that you put to good use) and largely disappearing after getting your asses handed to you while simultaneously whispering "5 rings" into our ears 24/7/365 because it's all you have to fall back on.

OrFan

Reaction score
Because you friggin 9'ers fans keep starting new threads.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Because your Niners are the primary obstacle between our team and a home playoff game. Simple as that. I don't care about how old or storied our rivalries with the AFC West were or how new this realigned NFL still seems to be at times. Your Niners are in our division. One of the 4 teams in this division will host at least one playoff game. San Francisco still looks more dangerous than St. Louis and Arizona. Ergo, they're the main focus.

I'd love to be able to drum up the same hatred for the Raiders I used to have, but they're largely irrelevant to me now.

jkitsune

Reaction score
925NinersFan":1b4ydky7 said:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/

[/thread]

bigtrain21

Reaction score
925NinersFan":3971xp14 said:
We currently voted on and are celebrating the "Top 10 Moments of Candlestick Park" each game, as the season progresses, and none of those moments involve the Seahawks.

What does that prove? Why do we want a lot of happy moments in Candlestick park for you guys to be associated with us? If the play is good for you guys it would be bad for us. Plus your success happened 20 years ago when we weren't in the same division.

Bottom line is since we have entered the division with you guys we have pretty much dominated you save for one year and you beat us by a half game last year which made it a significantly easier road to the super bowl. If we win the division we probably win the super bowl.

The reason their are so many threads about you guys is first of all you guys create threads and second of all you guys have a hall monitors that watch our forum and comment on anything they perceive as a slight.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The "obsession" almost certainly stems from the sheer number of 49ers fans who wasted their time on this forum.... and who spent all off-season telling us what a force their team was going to be this year.

pehawk

Reaction score
We also have a lot of members who may not know football, but they know how to bait rivals. They're more "49er trolling" fans then NFL/Seahawks fans. It's sad, really.

HansGruber

Reaction score
925NinersFan":2nx1ufm1 said:

You're the one starting a thread on the Seahawks forum, not vice-versa.

So maybe you should be asking yourself the same question?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Because for some silly damn reason we thought you might actually be relevant one more year before falling back in the toilet for another decade. Buh-bye.....flushes.....always fun watching the big turd make a couple revolutions before finally going down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
925NinersFan":3w0uc3jo said:

So Says a 49'er fan on a SEATTLE board..... Who's the obsessed one again???? Hypocrite much????

Me thinks you've been recently banned here under a different personality as my trollDar is going off big time!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Obsession and no rivalry on the part of older niner fans. Says the guy who registered and posted on an intra-division message board.

I went to a lot of trouble to let you guys know that I never think about you would have a more accurate way to write your bs post.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27eoj6fg said:
So Says a 49'er fan on a SEATTLE board..... Who's the obsessed one again???? Hypocrite much????

Me thinks you've been recently banned here under a different personality as my trollDar is going off big time!

HansGruber":27eoj6fg said:
You're the one starting a thread on the Seahawks forum, not vice-versa.

So maybe you should be asking yourself the same question?

I was thinking the exact same thing. How ironic is it that yet ANOTHER niner fan is posting on a Seahawk board and yet he wonders why WE are talking about them.

Take away all the niner fans posting here and watch the rate of niner discussion decline

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":30acvai1 said:
We also have a lot of members who may not know football, but they know how to bait rivals. They're more "49er trolling" fans then NFL/Seahawks fans. It's sad, really.
The double secret troll? I like it.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":39vbsyts said:
pehawk":39vbsyts said:
The double secret troll? I like it.

"When in (Greg) Rome(n)...."

Hawknight

Reaction score
I live in the bay area and the fans constantly live in the past with their Montana and Young days.Its a great rivalry living this close to the niners. Up close and personal. Gotta love it.