Browns shopping Josh Gordon

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
I would love to see the Hawks make a deal for this guy. He's 6'3" 225 lbs with speed and nice run after catch. He would be a great replacement for Rice next year. Big body with a reasonable contract.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Tbh I care more about the miners not getting him than the hawks getting him

The Radish

Reaction score
davidonmi":1cdbqclt said:
Tbh I care more about the miners not getting him than the hawks getting him

So you want to grab this guy so the ninnirs can grab Rice?

:roll:

hawker84

Reaction score
with kearse and williams waiting in the wings, we don't need any more recievers IMO... we need linemen on both sides of the ball...

OP
OP
Thunderhawk

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
99 yards already in the first quarter, lol. Yeah, the Browns would be idiots to trade this guy, but if they do the price will be high. Probably a 2nd rounder minimum.

themunn

Reaction score
I know he has off field troubles, but I wanted this guy in the supplemental draft. Though we'd have had to have given up a 1st to beat the Browns 2nd round tender, which I thought was too high at the time - I've since changed my mind.
He's one of the biggest deep threats in the league. 805 yards his rookie season, over 100 already in his first game.

Pick6

Reaction score
He is one strike away from a one year suspension. How much would you offer to take a risk like that?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We already spend too much money on our receiving corps. I suspect we may find either Zach Miller or Sidney Rice gone after this season, which would hurt. Maybe we can keep both if they both agree to restructure/take cuts.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
Sounds too risky honestly. I feel the same way about Aldon Smith and Von Miller. Amazing talents but you roll the dice and get snake eyes.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SF will probably offer the browns a lot for him. They're desperate at WR.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think we are very solid with our current group..even excluding Rice (but including Harvin). Let's do hope the 9ers instigate some bidding war for him. Foot. Shoot. The Niners are not a threat to the Hawks. The more they spend trying to match us, the worse off they will ultimately be. Carroll came in and shook the roster up at a rate (perhaps) never witnessed before in professional football. SF will need to do the same. Should they do so, we can start worrying about them again in 2018. If they don't? We will be seeing more of what we are seeing today.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I think our entire team is solid all around. Only place I want to invest big money on is the OLine and possibly LB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2entefzn said:
I think our entire team is solid all around. Only place I want to invest big money on is the OLine and possibly LB.

Damn...in all the excitement, I just remembered we get that Irvin guy back week after next...LMAO!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Radish":2m2qq546 said:
So you want to grab this guy so the ninnirs can grab Rice?

:roll:

Rice has been in the league for seven years and had one good season five years ago. TBH I don't think there's anyone save for a few Hawks fans who love their team who actually thinks Rice is a meaningful addition.

The 9ers were in play for Harvin before the Hawks outspent them, and that was before Crabtree's injury, so I think there's an outside chance they could be in play for Gordon. TBH though, I think the Aldon situation comes into play here, and they might be pretty gun shy right now about bringing in a guy with suspension history. If I were a Hawk's fan, I wouldn't worry about the 9ers bringing Gordon in.*

*("wouldn't worry" as a figure of speech, I know you guys have nothing to worry about/are awesome/never worry, etc. :) )

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'd rather Seattle drafted someone with the same measurables but who doesn't have the same baggage. I know our team has been OK with that in the past, but there's got to be a limit.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
While he is an excellent player, his value is in the gutter due to the substance abuse stuff. Can't imagine they would get more than a 5th round pick, and at that point, why move one of the best players you have? Browns be cray.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3jg6h86y said:

Browns are something silly. I would welcome the guy to the Hawks, for a mid round pick

THe O'line needs help though! With the cap, there isn't big money to go around with some key players deserving raises. Breno's contract is up after this year and the guards could use some upgrading.

OP
OP
Thunderhawk

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Surprised by the opinions here after that huge game he had, albeit against the Vikings crap CBs (he's a match up problem against most corners though). It will be interesting to revisit this thread at the end of the year. I say he is a young T.O. in terms of pure talent and the off field stuff is overblown. We'll see.

Also, Gordon would not affect our cap much since we would only be dinged on his base salary which is about 1M a year. He wouldn't even be eligible for free agency until 2016. Meanwhile, Rice is scheduled to make 8.5M next year :shock:

I doubt Gordon gets traded now, anyway. If the Browns do trade him they'll demand a 2nd rounder minimum. If I were Baalke/Harbaugh I would be on the phone with Lombardi immediately. They have plenty of picks to deal and are desperate to help Kaep.