Rex Ryan is losing it

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pure gold, his presser.

He put Sanchez out in the 4th quarter as the only potential starter on the field. Sanchez got hurt. The reporters in NY brutalized him.

My take: Rex wanted Mark to shine after a game where Smith struggled. He figured Mark could tear it up vs backup players. There is no other reason Sanchez could have been out there with 2nd and 3rd string linemen, unless they were actually trying to get him hurt.

sc85sis

Reaction score
No excuse for putting Mark out there and risking injury. They'd better hope Geno is a fast learner or that Simms can play against first teamers the way he did against scrubs tonight.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rex Ryan is the perfect example of an overrated head coach. It's amazing he still has a job as one....

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
All of their QBs are third stringers. Someone had to go out in the 4th.

Ryan probably flipped a 3 sided coin to decide.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":249mwz97 said:
Rex Ryan is the perfect example of an overrated head coach. It's amazing he still has a job as one....
And yet I would take him as DC tomorrow.

mikeak

Reaction score
You put Sanchez in you put your starting defensive line back in.

That was a stupid decision. If he doesn't know what Sanchez is capable / not capable off then he hasn't been paying attention these past few years...

kearly

Reaction score
I wonder how Pete and Ryan would co-exist as defensive masterminds. If Ryan could swallow his pride, man, he'd be fun to have running our defense.

If the new wrinkles on defense are Quinn's idea though, I think we have it pretty good. Quinn has the humility to serve under Carroll but appears to possess some clever traits as a DC and we already know that he can coach up DL talent.