Sando no longer NFC West writer for ESPN

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Terry Blount used to cover the Oilers and he has lived in Seattle for seven years, plus he was at training camp EVERY day. Sando II for sure.

He even tweeted how much Moffitt will help the Bengals -heh

chris98251

Reaction score
So Sando got a promotion and they hired a bunch of guys to cover each team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Is Sando's promotion in place of his current role, and we won't see him doing NFC West stuff anymore, or in addition to?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hope Blount starts writing soon, I am so sick of going to ESPN's NFC West site and seeing 4 rams articles in a row.

Damn... Sando is becoming an "insider"... I'll have to pay to read his stuff.

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b5w4mdl said:
Is Sando's promotion in place of his current role, and we won't see him doing NFC West stuff anymore, or in addition to?

I get the impression from what I see tweeted that he will be producing premium material and no longer doing NFC West stuff as of tomorrow.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kig17qn said:

Nascar is not a promotion

drdiags

Reaction score
This concept seems to have good intentions. May make reading the ESPN NFL blog easier, since I would think the cross-posting to rival forums may be minimal. No whining in the comments about Sando only writing about his favorite teams. I am sure the good nature ribbing done on the current NFC West blog will carry over, but eventually die down. Guess we have to see how the format is laid out.

Sure wouldn't mind having an ESPN Seattle, like they do for the major cities. Doubt that happens anytime soon.

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2ialnj7v said:
Sure wouldn't mind having an ESPN Seattle, like they do for the major cities. Doubt that happens anytime soon.

That's resonated in my lil insecure Seattlite brain as well.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Throwdown":3zvsotpq said:
RolandDeschain":3zvsotpq said:

Nascar is what the NEW Seahawks writer writes about, not what Sando is going to do. Sando is now an "insider".

Throwdown

Reaction score
rideaducati":2k5sff5y said:
Throwdown":2k5sff5y said:
RolandDeschain":2k5sff5y said:

Nascar is what the NEW Seahawks writer writes about, not what Sando is going to do. Sando is now an "insider".

OOOOOH

I really need to read.

drdiags

Reaction score
pehawk":380dpsyo said:
drdiags":380dpsyo said:

That's resonated in my lil insecure Seattlite brain as well.

Figured they would run with Boston, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles for a few years then branch out. I did see an ESPN Cleveland website, so maybe they have a Seattle one and no one has told me yet. DOOH!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":1dkplgmz said:
This concept seems to have good intentions. May make reading the ESPN NFL blog easier, since I would think the cross-posting to rival forums may be minimal. No whining in the comments about Sando only writing about his favorite teams. I am sure the good nature ribbing done on the current NFC West blog will carry over, but eventually die down. Guess we have to see how the format is laid out.

If we ever land a NBA and a NHL team I'm sure you will. :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Never really liked Sando that much anyway. I can't speak for the Seattle guys but the local beat writers (Barrows and Maiocco) are much better than Sando in SF.

Happy

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dxk56l1 said:
Never really liked Sando that much anyway. I can't speak for the Seattle guys but the local beat writers (Barrows and Maiocco) are much better than Sando in SF.

When he was a local beat writer he was the man when it came to covering the 'Hawks. He accumulated so much information. He had spreadsheets and everything you could download. And he seemed to get along real well with the organization. Hardworking and professional, but cool.

When he went to ESPN his focused changed but his methodology stayed the same and I can see that it's paying off for him which I thinks is great. He's got some odd quirks but who doesn't?

kearly

Reaction score
Sando is super-duper bland, but he works his ass off and does an incredible job unearthing insightful statistics. Congrats to him, but sad day for us.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Sando so I don't really care much and I don't go to ESPN for news on my hawks anyway.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I just want them to stop trying to force-feed us the bogus ESPN "Total QBR" analysis.