Arians: "I don't see the Dominance"

Trrrroy

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -dominance

Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians agrees the West deserves its reputation as one the NFL's most physical outfits, but he isn't willing to bow down to the division's presumed front runners, the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks.

"I don't see the dominance that everybody else talks about," Arians said, per the team's official website. "One of those teams may be (dominant). It still has to be played on Sunday."

It's alright Bruce, you'll see the dominance soon enough.

Sac

Reaction score
The Cards are going to pretty decent this year, I think. Having an actual quarterback helps.

pehawk

Reaction score
If they weren't a division foe, I'd find the Cards very likable. I like Arians, like Fitz, like Tyrann, etc.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I know Arians wasn't the coach, but he should probably check the Seahawks - Arizona score from the 2nd half of 2012. Something about a 58 point blow out...

sutz

Reaction score
Both the Cards and the Lambs will likely win 7 to 9 games this year. Most of them probably won't be divisional wins, though.

:)

drdiags

Reaction score
It is what I would want my coach to say, even if it was debatable. He coached in the AFC North, with the Steelers and Ravens knocking heads. He has more allegiance to that old division than he does to the NFC West so far. Once he has played a couple of seasons, he may have a different opinion? Or he could be seen as a voice of reason back in the old hype days?

He might think the 58-0 game was more the Cardinals quitting on Whisenhunt and them not having a decent QB as the main issues? Fisher stated a similar point of view. Media and fans like to declare super teams, NFL HCs don't have that luxury. They can have reality checks in private, but they better not publicly display fear or apprehension.

60niners

Reaction score
sutz":164stkov said:
Both the Cards and the Lambs will likely win 7 to 9 games this year. Most of them probably won't be divisional wins, though.

:)
Won't happen. Look at the typical balance of wins across divisions since realignment. If two teams have between 7 and 9 wins, it's VERY likely the other two will as well. I can't see all 4 teams hovering between 6 and 10 wins.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
No running game.

Defensive staff downgrade.

Relying on Carson Palmer, who I've liked during his career, but will turn 34 in December.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Carson Palmer looks totally worn out. I really don't understand the excitement down there over having Palmer. Didn't any of them watch him last season? He can't throw anymore. Looked terrible in-game last season. Really inaccurate, slow, weak arm. I don't get the hype.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't see the issue. Whats he supposed to say? I don't think what he was quoted as saying as even being news worthy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1odsiu15 said:
The Cards are going to pretty decent this year, I think. Having an actual quarterback helps.

Stop, Palmer is trash too, just less trash than the three scrubs they had last year.

candyman4881

Reaction score
While I don't completely disagree with what he says, it is coach speak.

That being said, I think the Cardinals are a 6-10 team at best. Palmer looks old to me, and a new offense and new defense will take a while to adjust to.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2k7dayiq said:
I don't see the issue. Whats he supposed to say? I don't think what he was quoted as saying as even being news worthy.

He is supposed to say, "The Niners and Seahawks are doing great things and are formidable opponents, but we are doing great things too and while we respect them we don't fear them"

I don't think it was very smart to provide extra motivation to the Seahawks and Niners. If he wants to say that behind the scenes, by all means say it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HansGruber":3rrhuqtc said:
Carson Palmer looks totally worn out. I really don't understand the excitement down there over having Palmer. Didn't any of them watch him last season? He can't throw anymore. Looked terrible in-game last season. Really inaccurate, slow, weak arm. I don't get the hype.

Same here. It's like a joke that I just don't get. Palmer had like 2 good years in what...13? I guess this is what the Cards thought would put butts in seats. This is what they've been doing since Warner. Bullsh*tting their fan base.

Arians may not "see the dominance", but he will soon enough feel it. Cards will be 0-6 in the division. If that's not dominance......?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Scottemojo":xuul5l5f said:
If he had kept Horton I might be more worried.

I agree. Any gains the make on offense will be offset by the loss of arguably a top 3 DC.

pehawk

Reaction score
His reasoning for letting Horton go, actually made me like Arian's more. He didn't want a divided and distracted locker room. Which, it undoubtedly would've been.

It took guts...good for Arians.

Latest posts