Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: TE Jordan Cameron - Browns
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:17 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

No, not Cameron Jordan--Jordan Cameron.

I really wanted Pete and John to draft this kid out of USC a couple of years ago. He's another basketball player who switched to football. He originally went to BYU on a hoops scholie and then transferred to USC and switched to football. He's very athletic (as you can see in the embedded YouTube below), but was raw coming out of 'SC as Pete barely used Jordan at WR. Kiffin switch him over to TE Jordan's senior year. The Browns drafted him as a project because the potential was clearly there.

Tonight Jordan had 3 receptions for 42 yards and 2 TDs. That led to Mooch being overheard asking "Who the f&*#$ is Jordan Cameron" during the game recap tonight. :lol:

Sure could use him about now. Oh well. Hopefully Luke Willson develops into something special.

Post subject: Re: TE Jordan Cameron - Browns
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:09 am 
NET Veteran

He's taken some time to develop. So, hopefully guys the Hawks have now will develop as well. Maybe Luke Willson's skill set is more similar to this guy than we think. Actually, that's an interesting comparison.

My youngest son and I met and talked with Jordan after a practice for the E-W Shrine Game the year he was drafted. I saw his USC helmet and asked him about Pete Carroll. He was an easy guy to talk with - had a regular conversation with the guy. I think he wasn't even the starting TE at USC, perhaps had battled injuries or something. I don't recall. But, he brought it up in the conversation that he was still there as a draft prospect despite maybe not being on everyone's radar.

Interesting side notes: His sister, Brynn, had a child with Matt Leinart. His brother is Colby Cameron (La Tech rookie free agent QB with the Carolina Panthers.)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:10 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Yeah Luke technically is way more experienced than Jordan, so hopefully that bodes well for The Hawks.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:04 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

I am not an audio expert, but it sounded like Mooch said " [inaubible].... 'bout this Jordan Cameron kid."

Good to see that both Jordan Cameron and Cameron Jordan are panning out. Always love seeing Pac-12 players succeed at the next level.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]