Herm Edwards a 12th man fan

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Herm Edwards a 12th man fan
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm
  • Watching First take today he was making a case for the seahawks winning the NFC West and he gave the 12th man alot of credit. Don't know how to show the link but it was about 50 min into the show it was cool.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

Re: Herm Edwards a 12th man fan
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 pm
  • Always liked Herm.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:29 pm
  • It's because we play to win the game.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:36 pm
  • Ol' Herm's making quite a career spending all day, every day making guest appearances on just about every tv & radio show on espn.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 pm
  • Hellllloooooo
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Herm Edwards is awesome. Maybe not the best coach, but the dude is 100% real. No B.S., I would love to have him on the staff (just like Gruden) but he is better on TV.
    McG
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm
  • Herm Edwards, Jim Mora 2.0, Raheem Morris, Mike Singletary; they are all the same coach just in different packaging. They have wetdreams about coaching a great team full of merciless dirtbags like the current Seahawks, but lacked the actual coaching talent to ever field such a unit. If I was Herm Edwards, I'd gush about the Seahawks too.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm
  • kearly wrote:Herm Edwards, Jim Mora 2.0, Raheem Morris, Mike Singletary; they are all the same coach just in different packaging. They have wetdreams about coaching a great team full of merciless dirtbags like the current Seahawks, but lacked the actual coaching talent to ever field such a unit. If I was Herm Edwards, I'd gush about the Seahawks too.

I remember how funny it was to watch his press conferences when he was coach at KC. After winding down a pretty decent Jets team he was 2 years into doing the same thing to the Chiefs. lol

His rants during press conferences were truly stuff of legend. It was never HIS fault.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:22 pm
  • I met him in his office at Arrowhead when he was coaching the Chiefs. The impression he left me with is that he is a prig.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:20 am
  • Bitter wrote:I met him in his office at Arrowhead when he was coaching the Chiefs. The impression he left me with is that he is a prig.

I met a former coach before too, Seattle coach Dennis Erickson. He was a kind of a jerk as well, but remember these guys are busy. Often working from 5am to 11pm and not going home. They are usually sleep deprived and the last thing on their mind is being a "nice guy" to a fan when they can't even go home to see their family. Plus, wasn't KC's record with Herm pretty bad? I think Herm is just a no nonsense kinda guy, Erickson was laid back but obviously drained and had almost no energy. As much as I'm sure everyone here would like to be the head coach of the Seahawks, I doubt that 5% of us could even come close to actually being mentally tough enough to do it. I give any coach in the NFL or NCAA tons of respect, no matter how "bad" you or I think they are. The fact is, it's one of the most demanding, time consuming jobs in the world.
    McG
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:41 am
  • I disagree about the coaches job. Pete Carroll is a perfect example. He realizes a big part of the job is public relations. And he works at putting forth that person face whenever he's in public.

Herm Edwards always came off as a jerk to me. He wanted to be tough like Vince Lombardi but Lombardi knew he had to have a public face.

Herm trashed his players and was rude to his public. If you wanted to take a fair team and run it into the ground and alienate your fans Herm was your guy.

But again I say his after game interviews were a treat because they left you laughing for hours.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:41 am
  • PC is in a league of his own in terms of public relations. Look at the majority of coaches around the league; they are a bunch of Harbaughs!
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:44 am
  • All this Herm Edwards love is bogus. The guy is super annoying, and all he does is interrupt people and give horrible analysis that seems to be nothing more then parroted replies.

That being said, he does love the 12th man. But then again, this is what Herm does. He jumps on every bandwagon and preaches how amazing they are.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:57 am
  • I agree. I didn't particular appreciate his anaylysis. I didn't feel he made much of a case at all. However, I didn't agree with Steven A's or Skips (who has zero talent assessment skills whatsoever. He gets his head too far up the players ass that he covets). To me the big elephant in the room for the 49er's is that they lost some important parts, which is interesting to me because if they are such a champion ship contender, why did they go? Just asking. I think the 49er's defense is getting older and it doesn't seem like they are infusing any new, young talent with competitoin the way Seattle does. And, for better or for worse, Seattle IS a much younger team. I'm also not 100% sold and think the jury is still out on Kap as far as being an overall upper tier QB. All you ever heard about him in the off season is his Dolphin hat pic and self absorbed tweets...Don't recall hearing much from Wilson in that respect which also makes me questions Kap's maturity. Steven A misspoke when he mentioned that they had Crabtree...no they don't but everyone was busy hearing themselves talk that they didn't pick up on it. He may be lost for the season and I don't believe Boulin is a No. 1 or will be a huge difference maker over the entire season. Don't get me wrong, I think the 9er's are a great team but I just thought the analysis from all 3 men was crap.
    hawk79
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:58 am
  • Herm is hilarious. He's like a living breathing cartoon character.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:25 am
  • McG wrote:
    I met a former coach before too, Seattle coach Dennis Erickson. He was a kind of a jerk as well,

There is a high probability that Uncle Denny was hammered.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 pm
  • Lynch Mob wrote:Watching First take today he was making a case for the seahawks winning the NFC West and he gave the 12th man alot of credit. Don't know how to show the link but it was about 50 min into the show it was cool.

gotta love herm edwards, and tony dungy, they give a lot of love to seattle.
    Bambam_gohawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:15 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:Herm is hilarious. He's like a living breathing cartoon character.

Correct. Haley was a Belicheck wannabe and Reid is a poor man's Holmgren. He will fit right into the mindset of Kansas City natives just like Alex Smith. They love conservatism and never actually getting a quarterback unless San Francisco rejects them. I love the symmetry, it's really so humorous for a California girl like myself. Just think about it.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information