Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: What's something a 49er fan doesn't know about the hawks?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:20 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

This isn't a trash talk thread. I am a big 49er fan but I'm not blinded by homerism. I respect the Hawks' talent and look forward to a battle for the division crown.
On that note I know an Ok amount about the seahawks (starting players, great addition of talent by PC and JS after exodus of many players, ect) but I do not have an in depth knowledge of the team.
What are some things that a niner fan should know about the hawks? What are some misconceptions? Who are some unheralded players to date that will break out? Overrated/underrated players? Any insight into the Hawks offensive and defensive schemes, ect....

Finally, if you have some questions about the 49ers (idk if you will) but I'd be more than happy to civilly and honestly discuss the team.

Post subject: Re: What's something a 49er fan doesn't know about the hawks?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Russell Wilson is not a running QB; he's a QB who happens to run sometimes. I've heard a lot of talk about "Keep RW in the pocket and he'll struggle." It's a common misconception, but he actually had a higher percentage and more TD's in the pocket.

I guess it's similar to the "Kaep is a one-read QB" belief.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
NET Rookie

Nothing. 9er fans know everything.

Move along nothing to see here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
NET Veteran

That we will beat the 49ers three times this year

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

-The Glove- wrote:
Russell Wilson is not a running QB; he's a QB who happens to run sometimes. I've heard a lot of talk about "Keep RW in the pocket and he'll struggle." It's a common misconception, but he actually had a higher percentage and more TD's in the pocket.

Thanks for a real response, as opposed to some others. If you look at Russel Wilson's passing stats last year and still believe he is a "running/gimmick read option QB," then you know absolutely nothing about football. 64% completion percentage and 26tds to 10 Ints for a rookie! That is amazing. He will be scary with his work ethic.

On a side note I'll just point out that Kaep has a similar work ethic. Many days he shows up before 6am and is consistently the first player in the facility and one of the last to leave. He may not come off as such a diligent worker like the robot-like Wilson, but actions are more important than perceptions. Both RW and Kaep put in hours like elite Qbs.

Last edited by SF-Wald on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:50 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

kinesmajor wrote:

deleted comment

Last edited by SF-Wald on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Few people know that Breno likes long walks on the beach, sipping pina colada's in the rain and the smooth jazz stylings of Kenny G.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran

1. Russell Wilson is actually a better QB when in the pocket (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ket-or-out).
2. We don't run Read Option nearly has much as is perceived. Wilson equates it to a change up in baseball.
3. Pass rush is not yet our strength (I see it perceived this way when reading national columns).
4. The offense is based around Lynch and the running game to set up play action.
5. Richard Sherman is the real deal.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran

one misconception i see a lot is our recieving core is mediocre at best and we're in big trouble now that Harvins out.

Not true, with the current offense we run, we spread the ball around a lot, not to mention we're a run first team. We don't have a true #1 reciever that's going to get 12 to 15 targets a game and a 100yrds. which is why you'll probably never see a 1000+ yrd reciever on this team in it's current form. People equate the small numbers to mediocracy, but the fact is, we have several very good recievers who all contribute at one point or another with a crucial play or two.

Harvin was icing on the cake, to lose him hurt no doubt, but we still had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league the second half of last year without him. Every starting WR is back, and we've added much better depth.. Harvin will be missed but we'll be just fine without him.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran

SF-Wald wrote:
kinesmajor wrote:

Aren't you perpetuating a negative stereotype by instantly being sarcastic and dismissive? I said I am a niner fan and wanted to learn about the seahawks while discussing both teams civilly and honestly. I didn't say anything about knowing everything....

He's messing with you. Good subject BTW.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
Few people know that Breno likes long walks on the beach, sipping pina colada's in the rain and the smooth jazz stylings of Kenny G.

Be honest, is this why you and the wife split? :sarcasm_off:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Our defense is the reason we aren't superbowl champions and not our offense

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:06 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Basis4day wrote:
1. Russell Wilson is actually a better QB when in the pocket (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ket-or-out).
2. We don't run Read Option nearly has much as is perceived. Wilson equates it to a change up in baseball.
3. Pass rush is not yet our strength (I see it perceived this way when reading national columns).
4. The offense is based around Lynch and the running game to set up play action.

I would think most national columns attribute the Seahawks' defensive strength to the secondary over the pass rush.

For the niners people equate the pistol with the read option. The pistol is a formation which has nothing to do with running the read option (it can, but it isn't necessary). PEYTON MANNING ran the pistol formation in the preseason. It is just a wrinkle to our offense, not the entire thing.

Also, with respect to Aldon Smith, I believe he is both underrated and overrated. The man set the record for most sacks in his first two seasons. Number two and three are Reggie White and Derrick Thomas--- pretty good company. You don't get that many sacks solely because Justin Smith plays next to you. So he is definitely an elite pass rusher. However, last year Cameron Wake, JJ Watt and Von Miller were all better than Aldon. He may become better than some of those players, but going by last years play he wasn't a top 7 player in the league like the Players Top 100 list said.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 pm 
* Gangnameister *

Basis4day wrote:
SF-Wald wrote:
kinesmajor wrote:

Aren't you perpetuating a negative stereotype by instantly being sarcastic and dismissive? I said I am a niner fan and wanted to learn about the seahawks while discussing both teams civilly and honestly. I didn't say anything about knowing everything....

He's messing with you. Good subject BTW.

No shit. You're a 9'er fan in Hawks land. You have to be prepared to take some of the business and not whine like a toddler when somebody gives it to you. That wasn't even all that bad business...

I have to concur with what others have said; Wilson is actually a statistically better quarterback inside the pocket. I look forward to teams wasting all this extra manpower keeping spies and crap on him out of some great fear of his ability to kill them outside the pocket, only to disect their defense now that it's a man down in coverage...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Ah yes, my Hawk brethren roll out the welcome mat to yet another division rival, lol

We appreciate you being civil and well spoken fan of the opposition sir. Most folks of such persuasion are welcome to join discussions here, even though you are "The Enemy". Thing is, there's been alot of Niner fans around here lately sniffing around (I personally think you guys are getting nervous, but I digress)

Some of us have had some pretty messed up interactions with other fans in the past. So take what flak you may have tossed your way with a grain of salt ...

That being said, I think Golden Tate could see some big numbers this year, just a gut feeling though

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 pm 
NET Veteran

SF-Wald wrote:
Basis4day wrote:

I would think most national columns attribute the Seahawks' defensive strength to the secondary over the pass rush.

For the niners people equate the pistol with the read option. The pistol is a formation which has nothing to do with running the read option (it can, but it isn't necessary). PEYTON MANNING ran the pistol formation in the preseason. It is just a wrinkle to our offense, not the entire thing.

Also, with respect to Aldon Smith, I believe he is both underrated and overrated. The man set the record for most sacks in his first two seasons. Number two and three are Reggie White and Derrick Thomas--- pretty good company. You don't get that many sacks solely because Justin Smith plays next to you. So he is definitely an elite pass rusher. However, last year Cameron Wake, JJ Watt and Von Miller were all better than Aldon. He may become better than some of those players, but going by last years play he wasn't a top 7 player in the league like the Players Top 100 list said.

Secondary is the main strength no doubt. But the there was a national perspective that our pass rush was a strength. Excited to see what our off-season additions mean. The GB game gave a false impression.

That reminds me...

6. Tate caught it.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:16 pm 
NET Veteran

E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

No, my wife kept complaining about me not respecting her privacy. She didn't tell me that directly, but that's what she keeps scribbling in her diary.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran

We're jealous of your success and toughness and are obsessed with making you jealous of our success and toughness.

We also don't think there is any possible way you can beat us without Crabtree. Your receivers against our secondary? C'mon. You had better hope Gore can run between the guards at will against us again because that is the only chance you got.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Our return game is going to suffer with the loss of Leon Washington. Harvin would have made KR an improvement but PR is a big unknown. Tate will have first shot and can be dynamic but LW had some key returns last year that helped turn key games around (Patriots is one example).

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
No, my wife kept complaining about me not respecting her privacy. She didn't tell me that directly, but that's what she keeps scribbling in her diary.

Funny - might steal that one

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:36 pm 
NET Starter

Sgt. Largent wrote:

Post of the day! . . .

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:50 pm 
NET Rookie

Welcome, and glad you asked.

# 12 is the problem for SF. These fans know when the other team needs to communicate and they make it impossible. Add that # 12 will be trying to set a noise record on the 15th , and that we know how important the SF game is. Last year was bad here for SF. This year these nuts in Seattle smell Championship. We have fans that actually do research to get in players heads at the tunnel. Your Safety got suspended from school in 4th grade?…12 will have a chat with him about it.

These teams could be considered even match, but not at Seattle. Our D gets a huge jump, and the visiting QB can’t audible. Tickets for the SF game are going for 2-3 times other game tickets not because they expect a great game to watch etc. Our fans actually want to be involved. They are not going to cheer the team. 70 thousand people will be there just to yell at SF.

In SF it’s going to be a good matchup this year. In Seattle hope for some early ‘trick’ type plays from your team and a hasty exit with their ass intact.

Really it’s that bad

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

mikeak wrote:

Incorrect...We'll beat The Rams 3 times. Niners twice... :49ersmall:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 pm 
NET Veteran

The TE situation could be a weakness if Miller isn't full strength. We're relying on some younger guys with little experience should our #1 TE be out for any time with an injury (as he has been for a bit).

On the other hand, our Red Zone offense this year will be stellar; that is, if we don't score most of our TDs from further out...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Our white over blue uniform combo is a veritable treat for the eyes.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:53 pm 
USMC 1970-77

Raptor12 wrote:
mikeak wrote:

Incorrect...We'll beat The Rams 3 times. Niners twice... :49ersmall:

I see what you did there.

:mrgreen:

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:51 pm 
NET Starter

SF-Wald wrote:
This isn't a trash talk thread. I am a big 49er fan but I'm not blinded by homerism. I respect the Hawks' talent and look forward to a battle for the division crown.
On that note I know an Ok amount about the seahawks (starting players, great addition of talent by PC and JS after exodus of many players, ect) but I do not have an in depth knowledge of the team.
What are some things that a niner fan should know about the hawks? What are some misconceptions? Who are some unheralded players to date that will break out? Overrated/underrated players? Any insight into the Hawks offensive and defensive schemes, ect....

Finally, if you have some questions about the 49ers (idk if you will) but I'd be more than happy to civilly and honestly discuss the team.

is this coach harbaugh? :stirthepot:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:56 am 
NET Veteran

Seattle's defense looks like it's going to be a pretty significant scheme change. I'm half wondering if it's not tailored to counter the niners strength in it's interior OL.

Seattle is incredibly deep. During the draft there were plenty of outside pundits who thought we'd move up in the draft because we have so few apparent openings on the roster. But it looks likely that we'll keep 7 rookies on this team. Michael, Hill, Williams, Willson, Bailey looks solid to make the 53. Simon, Ware and Bowie may be attempted to sneak on the practice squad. We are pretty much 7 deep in starter quality DBs. We're going to cut one that will start at some point for whatever team picks him up.

I'm actually glad we are playing SF at home early and at the stick late. Because if injuries are consistent and similar, our depth is going to trump pretty much every team in the league. And by December, those rookies we keep are going to have experience because we liberally let guys get in the game throughout the season. It's a philosophical difference between the teams that I believe will benefit Seattle significantly especially if SF remains so stingy in spreading their reps around as they did last season.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:41 pm 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:

Kaep IS a "one read" qb.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:09 am 
NET Veteran

Attyla the Hawk wrote:
I'm actually glad we are playing SF at home early and at the stick late. Because if injuries are consistent and similar, our depth is going to trump pretty much every team in the league. And by December, those rookies we keep are going to have experience because we liberally let guys get in the game throughout the season. It's a philosophical difference between the teams that I believe will benefit Seattle significantly especially if SF remains so stingy in spreading their reps around as they did last season.

I think their GM has mentioned or at least hinted about addressing this issue, specifically with their D-Line. I think it will still be an issue for them this year (and therefore an advantage for us :) ), even if they start changing that, since it takes a while for philosophical changes to start taking effect.

- PGunning101

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

That, and when she threatened to cut him off he responded "You can't, you don't know where I'm gettin' it!"

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]