Football (non hawk) predictions. Feel free to add yours.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
What I think I know:

Luck is going to get a lot better this year. TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, and what looks like a half decent run game?

Gronk is going to be healthy and ball out this year.

Miami is going to get Tannehill killed. Why get a deep threat and then don't carry a decent left tackle? Can't have one without the other. Play action doesn't always keep your QB alive.

Alfred Morris is going to get at least 350 carries. RGIII will get hurt bad again.

The Saints secondary sucks. They live and die on the front four. It's like somebody stuck a 14 win NFL team with a WSU secondary. That secondary will cost them 4 wins.

The Bucs have a nasty secondary. Both safeties are evil men. The linebackers are kind of meh, like our team last year they will be vulnerable underneath. That secondary will get them 3 wins.

Atlanta is trying to buy toughness by bringing in Jackson. It might work. They feel like Holmgren's Hawks in a lot of ways. Ultimately, soft.

Green Bay is not going to get a run game despite the draft picks.

Ponder will continue to suck.

Matt Stafford will still be the worst 5000 yard passer ever.

Chicago is going to be scary good on offense.

Mark Sanchez, if he actually gets to start, is going to get a lot better this year. It will be for naught, he will get yanked after his first bad game by a desperate coach. Dead man(men) walking in NY.

Idzik will be called IdiotZik by the Post by week 8.

The Giants will get gutted by the bad linebacker corps.

The Cowboys will be the most mercurial team. Win games you don't expect, lose games you don't expect. Garrett is a goner.

The Chiefs are going to surprise. Berry will revitalize that D.

The Browns are an edge playoff team. Horton makes that team better. I have dismissed them because of Weeden, but I think they have enough talent to overcome him. Maybe Bess makes him better? News about the owner will hang over them even while winning.

Kaepernick and Harbaugh will do 5 things to become labeled even bigger douchebags.

pehawk

Reaction score
Reggie Bush will get used as he should sparking the Lions to win the Norris

The Chiefs/Andy Reid will do their best 1999 Seahawks/Holmgren impression, winning a down AFC West, complete with a late-year swan dive

My 2005 prediction finally comes to frutition, Holmgren gets hired by the Cowboys SB Week

While NOT Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel is the 2013 version of Russell Wilson

San Diego, behind who I dub to be an offensive mastermind HC, threatens playoffs and AFC West crown

Cards finish with minimum 8 wins and finish 3rd in West

Rams again finish at 7 wins

kearly will get much love, every late Sunday night, for his random thoughts

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3pb9n7mt said:
What I think I know:

Luck is going to get a lot better this year. TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, and what looks like a half decent run game?

Miami is going to get Tannehill killed. Why get a deep threat and then don't carry a decent left tackle? Can't have one without the other. Play action doesn't always keep your QB alive.

Alfred Morris is going to get at least 350 carries. RGIII will get hurt bad again.

The Saints secondary sucks. They live and die on the front four. It's like somebody stuck a 14 win NFL team with a WSU secondary. That secondary will cost them 4 wins.

The Bucs have a nasty secondary. Both safeties are evil men. The linebackers are kind of meh, like our team last year they will be vulnerable underneath. That secondary will get them 3 wins.

Atlanta is trying to buy toughness by bringing in Jackson. It might work. They feel like Holmgren's Hawks in a lot of ways. Ultimately, soft.

Mark Sanchez, if he actually gets to start, is going to get a lot better this year. It will be for naught, he will get yanked after his first bad game by a desperate coach. Dead man(men) walking in NY.

The Cowboys will be the most mercurial team. Win games you don't expect, lose games you don't expect. Garrett is a goner.

The Browns are an edge playoff team. Horton makes that team better. I have dismissed them because of Weeden, but I think they have enough talent to overcome him. Maybe Bess makes him better? News about the owner will hang over them even while winning.

Kaepernick and Harbaugh will do 5 things to become labeled even bigger douchebags.

Hehe...

Couldn't help yourself on that last one, huh? :D

I agree with you on the Chiefs. I think they'll knock on the door for the playoffs, but not quite get there.

Cowboys suck and will continue to suck until Jerry realizes he's not Al Davis and being Al Davis wouldn't be a good thing anyway these days...and I'm not referring to being alive. :)

Chicago will still have major issues on offense because they still can't block anyone.

LOL...totally agree on Stafford....and Ponder.

Steven Jackson in Atlanta worries me a bit, but "Matty Ice" is a big time choke artist. I don't see them ever being a contender. The Niners never should have been able to come back for 17 down and Seattle should never have been able to ALMOST win. You can't continuously fall apart like that.

Seeing as I think Goldson was WAY, WAY overpaid...I don't see the Bucs getting their moneys worth. Goldson was protected by that pass rush in SF and he won't have it in Tampa. I do think Revis will be good tho.

Sadly, I agree on RGIII.

I think Luck will be better, but not as much as people say. If he has to throw the ball 600 times again he won't make it through the season alive.

As for my own predictions.....

Rams will struggle to make it to .500 now that the rest of the division has QBs with some experience. They will miss Steven Jackson in a big way.

The Raiders won't be the worst team in the NFL and will show some improvement...tho QB will still be a need when the season is over.

The Cardinals will be much improved with Palmer....until he gets decked and is out for the season after week 6.

Packers focus so much on the read option that it slows down their pass rush and they end up even worse against read option teams. They make it to the playoffs and are eliminated by Seattle in a one sided game. Clay Matthews spends most of the game waiting on Wilson running and Wilson just shreds them passing.

Adrian Peterson continues to be inhuman.

Tom Brady does just fine with a whole new group of targets because it doesn't really matter who he throws to...he's Tom Brady.

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, and I will come out of 2013 being the REAL and ONLY Seahawks.net draft guru, having nailed EJ Manuel and Honey Badger as draft steals, because they win OROY and DROY

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Funny. I think the Trestman is going to make the Bears an awful team all around this year. Still no o-line and a CFL coach who hasn't been in the league for far too long.

My predictions:

CJ Spiller leads the league in rushing and the Bills offense as a whole is much better even with EJ Manuel checking down every pass.

Sanchez becomes the default starter when Geno Smith is rushed into action too early and gets hurt (after being worse than Sanchez.) Jets D, however, keeps them in a lot of games.

Eagles start off fast before injuries and fatigue kill them in the second half of the season.

Atlanta becomes complacent - makes playoffs, then immediately loses.

Cincinnati leads NFL in total defense because there's no offense left in the AFC North.

Houston is going to lose Arian Foster for a significant portion of the season.

Larry Fitzgerald returns to top 10 receiver numbers.

Jacksonville is not the worst team in the league.

The Raiders are.

Chris Johnson promises 2000 yards, but somehow manages to rush for 1400.

Indianapolis is a sub .500 team that once again gets to the playoffs because of the terribleness of their division and the AFC in general.

Adrian Peterson sets the record for highest percentage of offensive plays by one player. Vikings lose. A lot.

The Lions offense will be potent while still revolving around Megatron and only Megatron. This is good enough for another second place finish unless the next prediction comes true:

The Packers miss Rodgers for significant time this season.

AFC West is dominated by Broncos again.

Chiefs put up a fight.

San Diego is run by a real football coach.

The NFC East gets high praise for fielding a .500ish team in the playoffs again.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":15kk7nwq said:
My predictions:

CJ Spiller leads the league in rushing and the Bills offense as a whole is much better even with EJ Manuel checking down every pass.

I chuckled on this one. But, its so true.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2dhbblpq said:
What I think I know:

I think most are pretty good predictions. Your last one is obviously spot-on, except you left out "each."

Andrew Luck will regress. He is going to be asked to throw the ball 4,000 times again and will throw a few less INT's while the Colts go 7-9.

Mark Sanchez continues down the road he's already butt-fumbled his way down. Capt. Butt-Fumble goes another season throwing more INT's than TD's. Geno Smith is starting by week 12 and Rex Ryan is fired the day after their season is over.

The Bears offense remains lack-luster being lead by Smokin' Jay Cutler and not investing enough into adding to what they have offensively. Chicago shits the bed and goes 9-7 with their new offense-minded HC.

hawker84

Reaction score
AP will lead the league again in rushing, spiller close behind in second

Mark Sanches will continue to suck, replaced by Smith by week 6, he will get injured and leave it in the 3rd stringers hands

Injuries will decimate the niners they'll have a miserable season

Brady and NE's fall from grace start in 2013

Peyton will take the bronco's all the way, only to lose to a more physical Seattle team

RW will be league MVP

manti teo will have a good rookie season, but will still never been seen in public with a "Girlfriend"

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":3tajxc56 said:

Mark Sanches will continue to suck, replaced by Smith by week 6, he will get injured and leave it in the 3rd stringers hands

Peyton will take the bronco's all the way, only to lose to a more physical Seattle team

RW will be league MVP

manti teo will have a good rookie season, but will still never been seen in public with a "Girlfriend"

hehe!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Cleveland is good. Richardson stays healthy for the full season and rushes for 1400 yds 12 TD's. Weeden pulls his best Derek Anderson and leads them to a respectable 9-7 record.

Pittsburgh is old and it begins to show. Rapistburger gets injured and whoever the backup is plays significant time (Charlie Batch?).

Titans still suck. Locker gets injured and Ryan "pickspatrick" takes over. Chris Johnson runs for 1500 yds behind an improved Oline.

Arizona surprises a lot of people and returns to their 2011 form. Larry Fitzgerald goes off for 1600 yds and 10 TD's. They still have no running game.

Kaepernick struggles because of the WR talent around him. 49ers still win 11 games behind their Defense and Oline.

Mark Sanchez will Butt Fumble 1 more time. Aside from that, the Jets show progress on their roster, but still struggle because of the lack of offensive talent. They finish with a 5-11 record.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Bills finish 2nd in the NFC East.

Stealers finish 4th in the AFC North and there will be discussion about Tomlin being fired.

Raiders finish 3rd in the AFC West with the Chargers dead last and calls for Rivers' head.

Eagles take the NFC East.

Both the Ravens and the Falcons finish no better than 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Alex Smith finishes the season with a 60+% completion rate and lifts the Chiefs to the playoffs as a wild card.

The Titans will be the team with the worst record by the end of the season.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher is going to do some trick play that will catch Pete with his britches down again. It will start to get personal.

Palmer will play pretty good. He still will only be the third best in the west.

The Raiders will be fundamental, yet abysmal. Bowlcut Davis will meddle just like his dad.

The Ravens will have a nasty D. Without Lewis.

The Steelers will be in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt. They will be the 6th seed.

Philip Rivers will again throw a butt load of interceptions. 15 to be exact.

Cincinatti will ease into the playoffs and lose to a non pretender.

Cam Newton will get Rivera fired, leading to discussion about the lack of minority head coaches. There will be no discussion about how his minority quarterback got him fired.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":hza6zin4 said:

I know very little about Trestman, but the Bears strike me as somewhat maxed out on offense. Brandon Marshall had a huge season last year and can't go up much further. Their running game doesn't have a ton of untapped upside. Cutler could improve, but even early last season when Cutler had a passer rating in the 90s the Bears offense was just okay. They drafted a couple of talented OL with question marks, and a talented deep WR with question marks. But you can't really count on OL and WR to contribute immediately, especially if they have question marks to begin with.

Also, QBs usually don't excel in year one of a new offense. There are typically growing pains.

Then again, the upgrade from Martz to Trestman is enormous, and I do think Chicago will get results from that hire eventually. Once he has a decent OL, I could see Chicago having a 49ers-esque offense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kansas City will win the AFC West. That defense actually looks like it will play up to it's talent. Scary but Poe seems to get it and he is the key that makes it go or fail. Simple as that.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":y7qtql0h said:
Kansas City will win the AFC West. That defense actually looks like it will play up to it's talent. Scary but Poe seems to get it and he is the key that makes it go or fail. Simple as that.

This could happen. I think they should get a wild card at the very least. I wasn't around during the Seahawks' AFC West years so I'm not sure of the general feeling towards to Chiefs, but personally, I'd really like them to do well, based mostly on what looks to be a good fanbase.

I also think that:

- the Bills offense will score a lot of points but their defense will ensure that they finish with a losing record.
- The Saints will be in a similar situation and will also finish with a losing record.
- Same with the Eagles
- Atlanta's O-line will make Steven Jackson wish he'd stayed in St Louis.
- The Bengals don't make the playoffs.
- Dallas wins the NFC LEast
- Tampa Bay wins the South.
- Gore won't be the 49ers leading rusher at the end of the season, and not due to injury.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow, I don't see how the Bengals don't make the Playoffs. I think Dalton's pretty bad, but that roster is up with the 49ers, Hawks, Texans anyone's in terms of talent. In a weak AFC, the Bengals can sleepwalk to at least a WC.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":2qnvm1n4 said:
Wow, I don't see how the Bengals don't make the Playoffs. I think Dalton's pretty bad, but that roster is up with the 49ers, Hawks, Texans anyone's in terms of talent. In a weak AFC, the Bengals can sleepwalk to at least a WC.

After watching Hard Knocks, I have to admit, I'm kind of rooting for the Bengals right now. Except for James Harrison. I want a major plot twist on the show to be him getting hit by a truck.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
pehawk":32a9ob06 said:

They looked pretty shoddy in the few of games I saw of theirs last year. Eifert and Bernard look like good additions but will they be enough to take them to another level? The other teams in the division had good drafts too. I don't see the Ravens winning the superbowl again but I think they'll be able to win the division again. I think Pittsburgh will be tough to beat, as will the Browns. I'm not sure I'd trust Dalton in close games, of which I think they'll have a few. He seems a tad temperamental.

I think the Chiefs and Colts will take the wildcards.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Detroit Lions will win NFC North. Texans only grab a wildcard spot. Saints will win NFC South leaving Falcons as 5th seed. Cowboys will win NFC East fairly comfortable with 2 games on the Giants. Cardinals will have more wins than Rams. Oh and Honey Badger becomes a pro bowler.

hawker84

Reaction score
Marvin49":3dy4o9v1 said:
hawker84":3dy4o9v1 said:

RW will be league MVP

hehe!

Can't blame a guy for hoping.. Not serious injuries , little nagging ones, like hamstring pulls, and turf toe. nothing career threatening.

Latest posts