Bills Rookies

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Just watched the Bills v Colts game on Game Pass, they had a pretty good draft going by the performances of the rookies, especially the Washington State Qb Tuel, wouldn't mind him with the Hawks.
Hopefully Seattle can draft another diamond Qb rookie so they too can have a nice young tandem like the Skins & maybe the Bills if they continue to play like this throughout the season.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Saw some of this. If there's a team set to be reigned in a little I think it's Indy. Their roster really is very average and not deep. They wasted a ton of money on not a lot this off-season. Luck kept them ticking along last year but he's not a miracle worker.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I watched the game as well as I wanted to see EJ Manuel play. I had heard an interview with him beofre the draft and he reminded me of Russ in the confidence he seemed to display. Sounds articulate, intelligent with the football smarts to succeed on the pro level. I think Bills fans are gonna be in love with this kid by the end of the year. He looked good on the field. The Bills and Manuel are my underdog team this year. I'd like to see them have some success over the Fins and Pats.

pehawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":3fb0e0zy said:
I watched the game as well as I wanted to see EJ Manuel play. I had heard an interview with him beofre the draft and he reminded me of Russ in the confidence he seemed to display. Sounds articulate, intelligent with the football smarts to succeed on the pro level. I think Bills fans are gonna be in love with this kid by the end of the year. He looked good on the field. The Bills and Manuel are my underdog team this year. I'd like to see them have some success over the Fins and Pats.

Word. I and a few others said if there is a Russell, its him.

EJ's nowhere near as refined a passer as Russell is, but unless you're a Stafford, Luck, #1 you may not even be Russell's equal. However, EJ has everything you'd want in a QB. Very much a leader and a gifted runner.

Plus, Woods has all the makings of a gifted WR.

mretrade

Reaction score
EJ Manuel was successful moving the ball and did pretty well but I was very unimpressed with his talent in this game for being such a high draft pick.

pehawk

Reaction score
mretrade":35qp1qlx said:
EJ Manuel was successful moving the ball and did pretty well but I was very unimpressed with his talent in this game for being such a high draft pick.

That's fair. He shouldn't have been a 1st rounder. But, look at it this way, Schneider wanted draft Russell in the 2nd round, but Pete told him to wait. What if another teams snagged Wilson before us? In hindsight, Wilson shouldn't have been available in the 1st round.

The Bills we're one of the teams publically saying (paraphrasing) "why cant we draft a guy like Russell...our org failed to identify him"

They liked EJ, and we all know why, athletically gifted with intangibles off the charts.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1k3pvk0c said:
mretrade":1k3pvk0c said:

That's fair. He shouldn't have been a 1st rounder. But, look at it this way, Schneider wanted draft Russell in the 2nd round, but Pete told him to wait. What if another teams snagged Wilson before us? In hindsight, Wilson shouldn't have been available in the 1st round.

The Bills we're one of the teams publically saying (paraphrasing) "why cant we draft a guy like Russell...our org failed to identify him"

They liked EJ, and we all know why, athletically gifted with intangibles off the charts.

Good point on the Bills not wanting to risk passing on another Russell Wilson. In fact, IIRC, the Bills were a team that was going to wait and draft Wilson in the 4th round. It's possible that influenced their decision to reach on Manuel a bit higher than the rest of the league had him.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Bills fans have a reason to believe that good things are around the bend for their team. They have CJ Spiller, EJ and Woods to build their Offensive foundation around for the future. A pretty good Defense as well. As a Hawk fan, it wasn't that long ago that we were able to start being excited about the product the Seahawks organization is putting on the field.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think because of Russell Wilson EJ was just going to be taken hire than any draftperts thought or realized. But, I did, I knew.

So, from now on please refer to me as THE Seahawks.net draft expert. Those guys just yap.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I like EJ and CJ is a pain in the ass for any D. Took both of them in my fantasy draft. It looks like a wise move with EJ, since Kolb can't even walk without hurting himself

Scottemojo

Reaction score
On EJ. I just got around to watching this game, and EJ hits the slants and short stuff fairly well, but he has a long way to go. That was some Bradford/Shermer passing clinic by EJ, one read and dump. EJ does not sell his play fakes, and he throws a numbers out pattern that is going to have safeties cheating. I'm not saying he will fail, but he is going to have some serious growing pains. THe bills team does have some nice rookies and CJ looks pretty good.

16 for 21, but only 5 YPA. Grain of salt time, most of those passes were after Indy took some starters out.

Latest posts